PDA

View Full Version : Shock Tower Bar for sale

SBL
04-04-2012, 12:43 AM
I am cleaning house and have a nice shock tower bar, sold to me by DMC Midwest, that I have for sale. I do not think that they sell it any more. This was one of the very nice, all SS ones, with beautiful attachments that swivel at the extended tower attachment point.

It really can help the feel and stiffness of the turning at the front end, but, it depends on your particular car and any other mods that have been made. I guess DMOCO makes it now, see http://www.dmoco.com/Strut_Page.html. These pictures are not very good, but the description may be useful. $130, shipping would be about $20. Email me offline if you need more pics.

steve

jackb
04-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Sold. Pm me payment info please. Shipped to 93455.

Michael
04-04-2012, 07:17 AM

You will love it. I never thought a tower brace did much of anything except for looks, but on a Delorean, it makes a huge difference!

DMCMW Julee
04-04-2012, 08:30 AM
I am cleaning house and have a nice shock tower bar, sold to me by DMC Midwest, that I have for sale. I do not think that they sell it any more.

FYI - Coming back into production very shortly along with a few other DMC Midwest favorites! :) Watch here and on our Delorean Motor Company Midwest Facebook page for upcoming announcement.

82DMC12
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I would love to have one of these... I can't wait!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

stevedmc
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I keep wondering what effect this would have when combined with Ed's outriggers (avaialble from DMCMW btw).

Has anyone tried this combination?

opethmike
04-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I keep wondering what effect this would have when combined with Ed's outriggers (avaialble from DMCMW btw).

I want to install both eventually, so I'm curious as well.

stevedmc
04-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Another thing I am curious about is its effect on being able to have a full size spare tire in the car. I like the idea but there is no way I am giving up my full size spare for this sort of mod.

DMCMW Dave
04-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Another thing I am curious about is its effect on being able to have a full size spare tire in the car. I like the idea but there is no way I am giving up my full size spare for this sort of mod.

I'm sure that kills it. Unless you cut up your floor for the full size spare to drop it lower. The bar sits less than 1/4" above the carpet.

DMCMW Dave
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Now re-available here:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3551-DMC-Midwest-Shock-Tower-Bar

Nicholas R
04-04-2012, 01:53 PM

I use both, the difference is phenomenal. I had to drive a stock DeLorean recently and thought I was going to wreck so many times because of the squirly front end. I also have the Eibach suspension. The combination of the 3 (Ed's lower control arm brackets, DMCMW's shock tower bar, Eibach Suspension) is indescribable.

SBL
04-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Did you get my previous PM?

steve liggett

I am cleaning house and have a nice shock tower bar, sold to me by DMC Midwest, that I have for sale. I do not think that they sell it any more. This was one of the very nice, all SS ones, with beautiful attachments that swivel at the extended tower attachment point.

It really can help the feel and stiffness of the turning at the front end, but, it depends on your particular car and any other mods that have been made. I guess DMOCO makes it now, see http://www.dmoco.com/Strut_Page.html. These pictures are not very good, but the description may be useful. $130, shipping would be about $20. Email me offline if you need more pics.

steve

SBL
04-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Did you get my previous PM about payment?

jackb
04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Sorry, I went to LA after work on Wednesday and and didn't get home until 2am. This is my first time back online since then. I'll get a money order out to you this weekend.