PDA

View Full Version : Bill Robertson (Content22207) has been banned from DMCTalk.org

Mike C.
04-04-2012, 12:30 PM
DMCTalk.org members:

I know a few of you know Bill personally, and several of you have come to our forum looking for advice on carburation on you DeLorean.

Since we re-launched DMCTalk.org last year, we have strived to make this a nice, laid back environment for everyone. It was a fresh start from the old site, and we really enjoyed the new vibe. Unfortunately issues that started on .com carried over to this site.

We all know carburation is an option for DeLoreans, and we had even decided that the growing interest in the setups warranted a new section for those wishing to explore that option. With that being said, we did not approve of Bill entering people's threads who were asking for Kjet help, in order to keep pushing carburation. Installing a carburetor would not be a solution for someone who is currently stuck.

After giving adequate warning to stop interrupting threads in process, and to stop bringing up old matters from .com on .org, we had no option but to put him on moderated status. We told him that he could continue to post here, but we would be watching where and what he was posting. Unhappy with moderation, Bill repeatedly vocalized that we were editing threads, changing words around, etc... even though we were not. We are responsible for relocating posts into proper threads in order to help people get information correctly. Do you want a post about windshield wipers in a headlight thread? Of course not. We never edited posts for content UNLESS there is something so bad, it needed to be removed, like nudity in a thread that had no warning posted. Obviously this does not happen that often, and we pretty much let the board run itself.

We continued to be belittled by Bill, including being accused of deleting his account, which we did not. We had documentation of his issues, and even provided a solution for his login problem, which he ignored, but continued to tell us we were sabotaging him.

With every post, Bill continued to take shots at his moderated status and Sean. Every post had some kind of snide comment attached to it, daring Sean to allow his post through. If the posts were not put up immediately, we would get snide comments that we are ignoring him.

It got to the point of Bill hating his moderated status that he decided to start his own forum and start posting on the DML about how bad DMCTalk was. Free speech, we allowed it with no ill will to him. He left our forum for a short time and returned yesterday. When we logged in this morning, apparently our need for sleep was too much for Bill, so he decided to once again make his rude, snide comments, as seen in his thread http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3539-Upgraded-and-Improved-Tail-Light-Boards

Everyone, we don't like to ban members. We don't like to moderate people. Out of the 1,446 members, Bill was the only person we had on moderation. We told him to just be polite, follow the forum rules, and we would remove the moderation. Apparently that was too much.

The forum is provided for everyone to enjoy, and to keep the cars running in a drama-free environment. We feel that the constant snide comments we have had to put up with was too much, and it has to come to an end.

I know there are people with carburetors that will need help, and we would like someone who may have a carburetor who wants to be in charge of that section to let us know, and we can put them in charge of helping those who may need help with their setups.

Hopefully, we will never have to ban another member again. All we ask for is we all resepect each other. We know disagreements happen from time to time, and that's natural. If you have a problem with someone, we will do our best to solve it.

We are all mature adults for the most part, and literally the little amount of moderating that has to be done to DMCTalk says alot, no matter what the misconception was that we were over moderating. The truth of the matter is we allow things to just keep running on its own for the most part.

If anyone has any questions or comments they want to discuss privately, we are always available to answer your questions. If you have any questions about this matter, and want to ask them privately, our doors are always open.

We thank you all for everything each and every one of you do for our forum!

-The DMCTalk.org Team

Chris Burns
04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Thank you for banning him Mike! He was getting abnoxious.:race:

protodelorean
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
'bout time. :bigclap:

Michael
04-04-2012, 01:41 PM
'bout time. :bigclap:

+1..I had to stop myself a few times from responding to his transparent attempts to start crap here again. I already had started typing when Sean's words rang in my head "This is just what he wants you to do"

I simply ignored him and his posts and it looks like just about everyone else did the same.

Soundkillr
04-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Plus one!!! Thank you very much!

opethmike
04-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Indeed. He's an ass; and I know for a fact that he was a major reason a number of people have stopped visiting this site. Hopefully those folks come back.

I'm about head on over to Facebook and block him there, he's doing his usual shit there. What an asshole.

thirdmanj
04-07-2012, 09:50 PM
So is this like the official "Bash the shit out of Bill" page? I mean I hope not. It's not a very cool thing to do.

Thanks Mods for informing us of the ban. I understand your reasons for doing so, and I hope everyone else does too. Maybe we should lock this thing now huh?

sean
04-07-2012, 09:59 PM
So is this like the official "Bash the shit out of Bill" page? I mean I hope not. It's not a very cool thing to do.

According to Bill that's what this whole place is, all my fault too.

But, yes we have informed and that was the purpose so :lockdance: