PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Stainless Lower Door Strut Brackets

justlooking
04-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Lower door strut mounting brackets. Stainless Steel. Comes with everything you see including hardware and valve caps. Bought from Ed Uding for $80.89. Only problem is they are somewhat bent, one more than the other. See pictures.

Ed's answer was to send them back ($17 shipping costs) or fix it myself (quite easily, according to Ed), after admitting that he forgot to straighten them. Well, I simply don't have the resources/tools at this transitional stage to fix them myself and machine shops are $85 minimum here.

Therefore, I am electing to try and sell them before eating the $17. No one else currently sells these except for Ed - now for the increased price of $95.26 + s/h (converted from Euros to dollars)

$80.89 or best offer.

justlooking
04-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Going once, going twice...or being returned to Ed! Any offers?

Michael
04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
If what you say is true: Unbelievable that the merchant(who admits to his error) will not eat 17.00 shipping cost for HIS OWN mistake.

DeLorean
04-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Those welds look like shit... additionally, the reason the thing is bent is cause it got too hot during welding.

I'd suggest sending those back and NOT getting another set from that seller.

TTait
04-10-2012, 12:56 AM
$17 is fast shipping...

Ask him to send you another set, he pays shipping. Mail your back for about a buck or two second class mail - it will get there eventually. If he doesn't get them in 60 days, he charges you for the second set...

I'm not sure I know a vendor who eats the charges for return shipping even when they make the mistake... (Ask me about the defective steering rack or defective axle sets I bought.)

ed uding
04-10-2012, 02:34 PM
That the bend plate will fit is one, and yes I shoot inspect it before they pack the box.
But things can slip trow, so we have a new set send out already. And offer to trow a way the bend one. 17$ is to many.
We ask always to send back bad or wrong parts, if we don,t do that there is no end.

Any way we not fool a round.
Ed Uding
www.delorean.eu

LEVY
04-10-2012, 04:59 PM
So is he attempting to sell something that it was supossed to be discrded or destroyed?

If that is the case, then he is wrong! (unless you shipped "after" he started this thread).

Anyways, seems like this is a good ending!

LEVY

That the bend plate will fit is one, and yes I shoot inspect it before they pack the box.
But things can slip trow, so we have a new set send out already. And offer to trow a way the bend one. 17$ is to many.
We ask always to send back bad or wrong parts, if we don,t do that there is no end.

Any way we not fool a round.
Ed Uding
www.delorean.eu

justlooking
04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Ed is making this right, so I'll wait to receive the new parts before doing anything with the old brackets.