PDA

View Full Version : Apr 14 get-together

Farrar
04-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey, everybody!

We're having a get-together at Steve's place in Livingston this Saturday, April 14th. Burgers and a possible evening cruise-in are in the works. E-mail him for directions and exact times.

Farrar

stevedmc
04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Hey, everybody!

We're having a get-together at Steve's place in Livingston this Saturday, April 14th. Burgers and a possible evening cruise-in are in the works. E-mail him for directions and exact times.

Farrar

Yeah, what he said. Free burgers, free labor, and a sweet cruise in afterwards. The cost for the cruise in is a whopping $2 to enter your car and is free to spectators. Last time I went there were lots of sweet rides and plenty of cool people to talk to.

The idea is to meet up at my house around noon, have some lunch, fix some cars, and go to the cruise in whenever we feel like it.

2nd SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH
Golden Oldies Motor Club in Hammond at Hammond Square Mall behind JC Penney 5PM til 9PM
http://goldenoldiesmotorclub.com/gomc/index.php/cruise-nights-gomc

stevedmc
04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Is anyone actually coming? Right now I think its just you and Drew. I haven't heard anything from the other guys.

Farrar
04-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I believe Fred said that date was good for him. Although I haven't heard from him recently I will assume he is still planning to come.

stevedmc
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I believe Fred said that date was good for him. Although I haven't heard from him recently I will assume he is still planning to come.

I'll try to give Fred a call today to remind him if he doesn't email me back. He is usually pretty good about responding to emails.

Things are shaping up and it looks like this is going to be a nice little event. I just got off the phone with the shop that has my car and it will be ready late today or sometime tomorrow.

Fred got back with me as well. Fred will be there and so will Jim from Laplace.

Below is a list of atendees and work to be done.

Steve - Driving Stainless
Drew - Driving Stainless
Fred - Driving Stainless
Jim A. - Driving Stainless - Needs door adjustement
Farrar - Driving PT Cruiser

Hopefully Brian will be able to join us as well. I'll update the list if I hear from anyone else.

thirdmanj
04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
April 14th get together? Revolving around a car made in Belfast? :umm: this shits gonna go down like the Titanic...

dvonk
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
April 14th get together? Revolving around a car made in Belfast? :umm: this shits gonna go down like the Titanic...

:hysterical:

Farrar
04-12-2012, 04:21 PM

There will not be enough people at our get-together to warrant a comparison, especially if no one is killed.

P.S. - For a list of meaningless April 14 coincidences, not all of them tragic, click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_14).

stevedmc
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
What happened on April 14th?

sean
04-12-2012, 04:33 PM

A tech day in Louisiana

Farrar
04-12-2012, 04:35 PM

I envy you -- you seem to have missed the endless stream of media hype surrounding the 100th anniversary of the sinking of RMS Titanic. Late at night on April 14, 1912, it struck an iceberg. It sank the following morning. Years later, James Cameron made a forgettable movie vaguely about the ship, which featured bad character acting and one, possibly two, breasts. It was re-released in 3D last month, presumably for any 15-year-old girl who hasn't seen the film yet. The re-release includes adjusted stars to be astronomically correct for the time, and the same five minutes of still-forgettable crooning by a Canadian singer named Celine Dion, who is now based in Las Vegas and worth millions. It also includes the breasts, except in China.

stevedmc
04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
A tech day in Louisiana

Wanna come?

I envy you -- you seem to have missed the endless stream of media hype surrounding the 100th anniversary of the sinking of RMS Titanic. Late at night on April 14, 1912, it struck an iceberg. It sank the following morning. Years later, James Cameron made a forgettable movie vaguely about the ship, which featured bad character acting and one, possibly two, breasts. It was re-released in 3D last month, presumably for any 15-year-old girl who hasn't seen the film yet. The re-release includes adjusted stars to be astronomically correct for the time, and the same five minutes of still-forgettable crooning by a Canadian singer named Celine Dion, who is now based in Las Vegas and worth millions. It also includes the breasts, except in China.

I don't watch television.

sean
04-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Wanna come?

Got a wrestling tournament that weekend or else I still wouldn't.

Farrar
04-12-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't watch television.

... or listen to the radio, or read newspapers or magazines, or use the Internet.

Come on, Steve. If you're gonna bullshit people, bullshit all the way.

Got a wrestling tournament that weekend or else I still wouldn't.

:lol:

sean
04-12-2012, 05:01 PM

In all honesty, Id love to hang with the LA crew but its a tough sell to the wife and kid.

stevedmc
04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
In all honesty, Id love to hang with the LA crew but its a tough sell to the wife and kid.

Maybe both of our clubs can meet up one day. It would be awesome to do and we could meet somewhere that is semi half way like Mobile. I know of a couple of guys in Mobile that could probably host an event for us.

Farrar
04-12-2012, 05:15 PM

Well then, maybe us Gulf Coast folks will just have to come up to one of the SEDOC gatherings some day. :)

Edit: or what Steve said above.

thirdmanj
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
There will not be enough people at our get-together to warrant a comparison, especially if no one is killed.

P.S. - For a list of meaningless April 14 coincidences, not all of them tragic, click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_14).

:lol: that's awesome. Gotta admit its pretty funny. Nice synopsis of the film BTW. I'm ashamed to admit I've seen the 3d rerelease, the 3d is pretty well done. Celine Dion still sucks though.

Sorry to but in with a joke, I just had to. I hope you guys have a great meet up!

-James

stevedmc
04-12-2012, 05:18 PM
... or listen to the radio, or read newspapers or magazines, or use the Internet.

Come on, Steve. If you're gonna bullshit people, bullshit all the way.

Radio - The Delorean has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks and my Geo Metro does not have a functioning antenna. I listen to Pandora and music CDs when I am in the Metro unless I am really close to a radio tower.

News - As far is news goes I get most of my news information from news.google.com. I glance the headlines once a day and if I see something that sparks my interest I click on it and read some. If I want to check the accuracy of what I am reading (most of the USA media is biased) I then move over to BBC World News and lookup the topic of interest to read the truth.

It is very possibly that I may have skipped past a Titanic article over the past couple of days, but frankly the Titanic is of no interest to me so I would have done just that, skipped over it.

Well then, maybe us Gulf Coast folks will just have to come up to one of the SEDOC gatherings some day. :)

Edit: or what Steve said above.

I went to one about a year ago and although I do like to misbehave, Sean was really cool to me and so was the rest of the klan.

:lol: that's awesome. Gotta admit its pretty funny. Nice synopsis of the film BTW. I'm ashamed to admit I've seen the 3d rerelease, the 3d is pretty well done. Celine Dion still sucks though.

I saw the first release once at the theather when I was a kid. A friends mom dragged me to it. I saw it once and that was enough for me. I already knew how the movie was going to end before I even saw the movie anyway.