PDA

View Full Version : SEDOC Tech Day Pre-Planning Thread

ccurzio
04-16-2012, 07:01 PM
I'd recently mentioned off-handedly in a separate thread that I would enjoy hosting a tech day but my house/driveway didn't seem conducive to such an endeavor. However, Sean came by recently to help me out with some work I needed to have done on the car and I mentioned that he could now see what I was talking about, and why I didn't feel like my house was a good fit for a tech day. He disagreed, and said we could probably make it work rather easily.

So here I am! I'd like to host a tech day for the SEDOC folks (and for any other out-of-area DeLorean owners interested in making the drive). This thread is the pre-planning thread where I'd like to gauge interest, compare schedules, and see about hammering down a date and attendee list. Oh, and I live in Gainesville.

The only upcoming weekend I am unavailable is the weekend of April 27th. Other than that, who's up for a D-Day and when? :)

Ron
04-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Being that close, I'm in whenever... ;-)

davidrucker11387
04-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I would love to. I really enjoyed the last one! I dont know if I could make that kind of a trip but would love to give it a shot espically if my D is going by then it would be a good work out for her before attempting DCS!

DL4567
04-16-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm in and excited for whenever. The only dates that would *not* work for me are May 5, 19, and 26. Any other time would be great!

sean
04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm in and excited for whenever. The only dates that would *not* work for me are May 5, 19, and 26. Any other time would be great!

Ha! You're starting to sound like me now Derek. I'll check my calendar in the am and get back with ya.

DL4567
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Hehe! What can I say... got a few things going on this May. :)

sean
04-17-2012, 07:49 AM
Hehe! What can I say... got a few things going on this May. :)

Well, like Derek, May is pretty busy for me and Im not free until June 9th :frantic: I really thought I had one free weekend in there.

ccurzio
04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I just found out today that at some point sometime soon I may be going out of the country on business for a few weeks. Problem is, I don't know when or for exactly how long.

In any event, I can pencil in a tentative date of June 9. It might make a nice precursor to DCS soon afterward.

sean
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I just found out today that at some point sometime soon I may be going out of the country on business for a few weeks. Problem is, I don't know when or for exactly how long.

In any event, I can pencil in a tentative date of June 9. It might make a nice precursor to DCS soon afterward.

You sure you will be in country then? I'm for it of course, you're all of 15 minutes from me :D

ccurzio
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
I have no idea. However, since this particular work project is as important as it is, I should have the ability to shift the trip back or forward at least one day depending on my personal schedule.

That's kind of why I made June 9 a "tentative" date. If in the event the trip conflicts with the tech day date I will certainly alert the planning thread to the problem, but I should be able to work around it. I'm also working on talking to my boss about hammering down some dates. I'm hoping to make it happen sometime in May, or later in June.

Soundkillr
04-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Id like to try and be there. I think june is free....

Mike S
04-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Count me in.

Mike S

Mike C.
04-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Any time after July 10th looks good for me since I will be officially settled in :rock_on:

Looks like a fall event for me!

Bikercmbc
04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
I know i have been off and on lately with the tech sessions, but i will try my best to make it to this one. beginning of june will work for me just need a date to write in cause friend are wanting to come to visit beginning of june. which brings up the idea of a possible trip up here to my area and get some D's up on the Dragon...318 curves in 11 miles... possible grilling and lake after..just an idea for something to do besides a tech session.

rundmc
04-20-2012, 10:08 AM
I will be there whatever date is set provided Sean is there. My car needs some expert attention in regards to the mixture/idle system.

ccurzio
04-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Okay, so I just got some solid confirmation as to when I will be traveling for work. As predicted, it will not overlap with the proposed date of June 9th, so we should be in good shape.

Here's the current plan:

Date: 09-JUN-12
Time: 10:00 to 17:00

Attendees

Accipiter
Ron
davidrucker11387 (?)
DL4567
sean
Soundkillr (?)
Mike S
Bikercmbc (?)
rundmc

sean
04-20-2012, 02:42 PM
It's always fun to put Ryan on these lists :D? I'd add him just for kicks.

ccurzio
04-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Who is Ryan?

sean
04-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Who is Ryan?

Ha! Exactly:D

He's a former owner who frequently says he will attend the tech sessions then never does, running joke in a way. I like to give him crap about it when I have a chance.

Ryan
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Who is Ryan?

Hi, I'm Ryan :wave2: In all honesty it is hard to get motivated for tech sessions when you no longer own a D and you're super jealous of other people that still have one. That being said, I did come to one at Eric's and brought pizza for everyone. I know the group misses me so I try to make it up to them when I do show up.

Ha! Exactly:D

He's a former owner who frequently says he will attend the tech sessions then never does, running joke in a way. I like to give him crap about it when I have a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiN6yLiif-M

You also like to give me crap for liking mystery science theater, so this clip works on two levels.

Ron
04-20-2012, 10:24 PM
That being said, I did come to one at Eric's and brought pizza for everyone. I know the group misses me so I try to make it up to them when I do show up.So you're bringing steaks this time??

ccurzio
04-20-2012, 10:28 PM
That would be wholly unacceptable. I didn't pay anything toward the food at the last tech day as I couldn't eat anything despite its temptation, so I brought a bunch of beer instead. Steaks would be too much delicious for me to handle. :(

You people are trying to kill Vegetarian Chris. He already hates life. Let him be. :(

Ryan
04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
So you're bringing steaks this time??

You got it! Get those hopes way up Ron :biggrin:

sphiend
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Okay, so I just got some solid confirmation as to when I will be traveling for work. As predicted, it will not overlap with the proposed date of June 9th, so we should be in good shape.

Here's the current plan:

Date: 09-JUN-12
Time: 10:00 to 17:00

Attendees

Accipiter
Ron
davidrucker11387 (?)
DL4567
sean
Soundkillr (?)
Mike S
Bikercmbc (?)
rundmc

I will likely be able to attend.

ccurzio
04-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Excellent. I'll go ahead and start putting together the official thread.

It's looking like I may already have some projects on my car that I'll need help with. Sean has been helping me lately with some starting problems and I THINK those are pretty much gone, but there appear to be lingering issues. Drove to Senoia on Sunday and after I got there and it sat for a couple of hours, starting it didn't immediately work. (I switched the WUR to the CSV and got it going enough to switch them back, but I'm getting tired of this problem. Not many issues before or since, so I'm hoping it was one last cough before smoothing out. But that's not how my luck works.) Anyway, I drove to Nashville yesterday, and during the drive my speedometer failed. (A few days ago I heard some squealing from the service counter, so I suspect something may have jammed up and potentially toasted my angle drive. I'm going to do some testing this week/weekend to see if I can narrow down the problem. I expect that I'll have this problem fixed long before the tech day.)

The other problem I ran into out of nowhere is my passenger window is now failing. Ever since owning the car it's always been a little slower than the driver's side window in going up and down, but it was never a problem. Until yesterday. Now, while it happily goes down with no issues, closing the window appears to be a MASSIVE STRUGGLE FROM HELL and it's only getting worse. Looks like my motor is likely shot, and is going to need replacing. (If I've got the original plastic setup in there, it's worth replacing anyway. I'd like to get the replacement units from A1 Electric, but this will definitely be a project for the tech day.) In the meantime, I'm simply going to avoid opening that window. I'm not terribly interested in having it get stuck open.

And then of course there's my ongoing air conditioning problem.

Ron
04-25-2012, 09:20 AM
And then of course there's my ongoing air conditioning problem.I can bring AC tools...
I remember you saying something about the problem but I can't seem to find the thread??

ccurzio
04-25-2012, 09:38 AM
My entire AC system blows nothing but HOT air regardless of setting, except for MAX. MAX blows ambient air.

This is part of the reason that it really sucks to lose my passenger window. The car gets hot enough as it is with no AC. :(

Ron
04-25-2012, 10:04 AM
We can check it out...maybe you should start a thread so we can narrow down what parts you might need and have them on hand.
Or take a hour cruse up GA 60... ;-)

ccurzio
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Done. :)

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3743-Non-Functional-Air-Conditioning

Soundkillr
04-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Ron, if I can figure out if I can make this event, and if it doesn't rain, and if the stars align in the correct order and if the sun is in full light, I would like to try and install the ac hose going from the condenser to dryer and a new dryer, which will require your pump. Sound ok? Truth be told we have a better chance of Ryan showing up, but you never know. Screw it. Never mind.

Ron
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Ron, if I can figure out if I can make this event, and if it doesn't rain, and if the stars align in the correct order and if the sun is in full light, I would like to try and install the ac hose going from the condenser to dryer and a new dryer, which will require your pump. Sound ok? Truth be told we have a better chance of Ryan showing up, but you never know. Screw it. Never mind.

K

ccurzio
05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Official thread is posted.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3862-Super-SEDOC-Tech-Day-Ultra-Championship-Edition