PDA

View Full Version : Need help with EFI conversion (from another owner)

justlooking
04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Another owner stopped by today and was having some trouble converting his car to EFI. He asked me to post a thread here in case someone knows about this stuff. He has some sort of weird PRV that doesn't have injectors.

It looks like he has a new crank pulley with a gear wheel and some injectors? Is this all that is needed?

If anyone can help him, please post.

lazabby
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Another owner stopped by today and was having some trouble converting his car to EFI. He asked me to post a thread here in case someone knows about this stuff. He has some sort of weird PRV that doesn't have injectors.

It looks like he has a new crank pulley with a gear wheel and some injectors? Is this all that is needed?

If anyone can help him, please post.

It might be good to ask him to join the forum so he can describe what kind of setup he has and what he's done so far.

DCUK Martin
04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Funny, that bloke's name is Bill...

He will need an engine management compouter, a couple of sensors and a bunch of wiring in addition to the crank pulley-with-trigger-wheel. I have a complete EFI manifold for sale if he's interested.

opethmike
04-19-2012, 02:08 PM
As "funny" as this is, let's keep this trolling garbage out of the EFI sub-forum.

sean
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
As "funny" as this is, let's keep this trolling garbage out of the EFI sub-forum.

Agreed, keep it out of the Subs please.

Dangermouse
04-19-2012, 03:36 PM

He will need an engine management compouter, a couple of sensors and a bunch of wiring in addition to the crank pulley-with-trigger-wheel. I have a complete EFI manifold for sale if he's interested.

He'll trade you an F150 and an old school bus :boxface:

stevedmc
04-19-2012, 03:37 PM
It might be good to ask him to join the forum so he can describe what kind of setup he has and what he's done so far.

Wasn't Bill banned?

sean
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Wasn't Bill banned?

Yes he was.

stevedmc
04-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Bill is silly. He should already know that his engine isn't capable of EFI unless he goes the throttle based route.