PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 81 Automatic, Vin 0559, ONLY 4641 MILES!!

ericanthem
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Car is in Very Good condition. It needs some detail TLC, which I'm performing now, after which it's condition will upgrade to Excellent.
Car is in Las Vegas, NV. I'm posting just out of ease. For someone making it easy on me and picking up as it currently is, price is $18,500 FIRM. Once cleanup is complete price will rise at LEAST to $20k. Buyer responsible for pickup/transport. Cash (or secure equivalent) Only.
No casual interest emails Please.
SERIOUS inquiries ONLY email: ericanthemATgmail.com
I will provide pics on request (you can guess what it generally looks like...)

ps- I have been storing the car for about a year for the owner, a long time friend, who moved to Ohio and has recently informed me he's decided to let it go. - just fyi.

ccurzio
04-28-2012, 10:35 AM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2857-For-sale-section-rules-please-read-before-posting!!

"4. Persons wishing to sell items on DMCTalk.org MUST have a minimum of 20 posts (not including replies such as "lol", smilies, etc.) If you are not a member of this community, we would like to know you a little bit before you try selling items through DMCTalk.org. If you must sell an item earlier, please contact one of the Administrators."

That of course assumes you haven't contacted an administrator.

Also: "1. Items posted for sale in any section must be for items you personally own."

I will provide pics on request (you can guess what it generally looks like...)

I also think we should probably implement a rule that discourages this. If you're going to list a For Sale ad over a medium that can display pictures, then display pictures. People shouldn't have to ask to do something as simple as SEE a car they might like to purchase.

denis45700
04-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow that is a low vin. Can you post picture.

Shep
04-28-2012, 11:23 AM
I also think we should probably implement a rule that discourages [pictures on request]. If you're going to list a For Sale ad over a medium that can display pictures, then display pictures. People shouldn't have to ask to do something as simple as SEE a car they might like to purchase.I'm not sure about this one. I've seen a few owners in the military that don't have access to the car except via relatives, and the only way for them to get pictures is to tell their relatives what to take pictures of. Maybe the D is stored in an area that isn't easily accessible or nearby. Or perhaps work is currently being done to it and pictures weren't taken beforehand, so taking pictures would interrupt work and/or show the DeLorean half apart to get that work done (which seems to be the case here). The other two rules you posted are pretty universal though (for DeLorean ads, anyways).

Inquiry sent by the way.

ccurzio
04-28-2012, 11:27 AM
If pics are available on request, then pics are available.

Additionally, if "clean-up" is going to boost the price by $2k then it's even MORE important to see current-condition photos to determine whether it's worth waiting. Letting people try to imagine the condition is just stupid.

Shep
04-28-2012, 11:35 AM
If pics are available on request, then pics are available.

Additionally, if "clean-up" is going to boost the price by $2k then it's even MORE important to see current-condition photos to determine whether it's worth waiting. Letting people try to imagine the condition is just stupid.I'm not disagreeing with this at all. I'm just saying it's hard to make a blanket, universal rule for this kind of thing considering the scenarios I provided. In this case, considering the poster is storing the DeLorean, pictures should be provided. But that can't always be done, which is what I was getting at. Sorry for not being clear.

sean
04-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Owner said the car is sold.