PDA

View Full Version : A better video of my EFI & Spec 2 car running

opethmike
04-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNrzS_nrdPE&feature=youtu.be

thirdmanj
04-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Yeesh! Looks scary in that engine bay! :lol: but it sounds damn sexy!

opethmike
04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Yeesh! Looks scary in that engine bay! :lol: but it sounds damn sexy!

It certainly does! But after spending as much time working on the upgrades as I have, I'm not that inclined right now to get rid of the old K-jet wiring; tidy up etc. It works, so for now I am satisfied! :-)

thirdmanj
04-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Hells yeah dude! It's certainly a feat to be proud of, 1258s destined for EFI one of these days, but for now (knock on wood) her K-Jet is functioning just fine. Thats my biggest gripe about DMCHs Stage III is that with all that modifying and they still kept that outdated fuel delivery system, EFI just seems to be the obvious choice if you're gonna be dumping that kind of money into a car.

opethmike
04-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Hells yeah dude! It's certainly a feat to be proud of, 1258s destined for EFI one of these days, but for now (knock on wood) her K-Jet is functioning just fine. Thats my biggest gripe about DMCHs Stage III is that with all that modifying and they still kept that outdated fuel delivery system, EFI just seems to be the obvious choice if you're gonna be dumping that kind of money into a car.

Don't get me started on the Stage 3, ugh!

My K-Jet was actually working fine, but I'm a little on the crazy side, and just wanted to see if I could pull off an EFI conversion.

Farrar
04-30-2012, 10:45 AM
I did some filming yesterday and managed to capture some sound using two shotgun mics placed on the ground several feet back and aimed at the back of the car, at about a 90-degree angle to each other. I wish you had something similar, because I bet that exhaust sounds way better in real life than it does on YouTube!

opethmike
04-30-2012, 10:51 AM
It isn't THAT different in person; more bass, and the lopey cams are apparent, which they aren't in this video.

EarlHickey
05-29-2012, 04:28 PM
It isn't THAT different in person; more bass, and the lopey cams are apparent, which they aren't in this video.

It does sound rather deep on my avents, nice, maybe a little flat. Hard to say even with good speakers and unknown mic's.

What CR are you running and what lift and timing numbers?

Why the K&N at the firewall and not from the pontoon?

Have you tried holding your hand over the thottle body bellmouth's opening while revving the engine through it's range to see if at any point your hand gets wet?

I am not sure which one belongs to whom, but, I recall seeing one which seemed to have the injectors squirting the runner floor with no clear way to discern how long the runners actually are.

I haven't really gotten a good look at your setup, but, I think you may like a throttle body setup I have.

It looks much like the short IR one that UK Martin posted a picture of, but, it contains the second pulse for most any street cam timing and the injector angle seems quite reasonable.

Done almost laughingly inexpensively.