PDA

View Full Version : The Cars the Star:Delorean

Chris Burns
05-19-2012, 11:17 AM
This was filmed back in the 90's. I have mixed emotions on this one. Quentin Wilson is a major douchebag!!:chairshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLzDZEYCUk&feature=g-all-u

Nicholas R
05-19-2012, 12:00 PM
This was filmed back in the 90's. I have mixed emotions on this one. Quentin Wilson is a major douchebag!!:chairshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLzDZEYCUk&feature=g-all-u

Yea definitely not digging that guy. I'm going to assume this was filmed at a time when a lot of cars were getting parked for maintenance issues. I know that this is pretty much when my original owner said, "well, no one in town has any clue how to fix it, so I'm just going to park it."

denis45700
05-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Just a little bitter!!!

Jimmyvonviggle
05-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Of course now when you see one of those old Mercedes or 911s you don't even think twice, but a D on the other hand.

I also like how he points out the doors don't work when all that car needed was some new struts. What a pompous asshole.

pezzonovante88
05-19-2012, 12:22 PM
It didn't seem like a very 'balanced', unbiased look at the car. He didn't mention anything positive, really at all. And the performance really isn't THAT bad - and is easily improved. There was a bitter undertone to the whole thing.

Chris Burns
05-19-2012, 12:28 PM
If people were better educated about these cars maybe some of their opinions would change:hihi:

So what if it wasn't fast, it's still a FUN car!:)

Most of the issues he mentioned either have been corrected by now or can be corrected. Like I said this was filmed back before DMC TX opened it's doors.

These cars are wonderful as long as they have been kept up properly!

I hope the Delorean owners drive by his house and give him the finger regularly!!

Michael
05-19-2012, 01:51 PM
If I were honest, I have to say I enjoyed it. If I were brutally honest, I think some people need a reality check on these cars....and this is one of them. Obviously the whole Delorean story left a very bad taste in just about every mouth in the UK, so I wouldn't expect a lot of praise, especially from the likes of Quenton. I think what I take away from this or any other documentary is this:

The people who do make the move to buy a Delorean do not care what other car guys think, and put little stock in what convention dictates. Delorean owners are "outside the box" kind of people, in fact they go as far as to ask, "who said there had to be a box in the first place?". I think people who pledge a large portion of their wealth to a novelty(be it cars, or anything else) are special. They are risk takers of sorts and they have an individual flair that they want to express, and God bless them for it. So go ahead and trash the car and the man behind the car for your own pleasure and gain. Continue to pound what's left of JZD's legacy into the ground. If I had it to do it all over again, I would. To this day I continue to enjoy my Delorean day after day and year after year, not becasue of what it is, but because of what it isn't.....and that's more than a LOT of people can say about their cars.

Jimmyvonviggle
05-19-2012, 02:56 PM
If I were honest, I have to say I enjoyed it. If I were brutally honest, I think some people need a reality check on these cars....and this is one of them. Obviously the whole Delorean story left a very bad taste in just about every mouth in the UK, so I wouldn't expect a lot of praise, especially from the likes of Quenton. I think what I take away from this or any other documentary is this:

The people who do make the move to buy a Delorean do not care what other car guys think, and put little stock in what convention dictates. Delorean owners are "outside the box" kind of people, in fact they go as far as to ask, "who said there had to be a box in the first place?". I think people who pledge a large portion of their wealth to a novelty(be it cars, or anything else) are special. They are risk takers of sorts and they have an individual flair that they want to express, and God bless them for it. So go ahead and trash the car and the man behind the car for your own pleasure and gain. Continue to pound what's left of JZD's legacy into the ground. If I had it to do it all over again, I would. To this day I continue to enjoy my Delorean day after day and year after year, not becasue of what it is, but because of what it isn't.....and that's more than a LOT of people can say about their cars.

Well said my friend.

BTTF-1
05-19-2012, 03:59 PM
The narrator was a total jerk.

Look the Delorean I have with the new exhaust sounds great and has plenty of get up and go. To call the car a perfumed pig. Well let me tell you about owning a perfumed oinker in Florida.

People beg me to bring the car to car shows. If anything is going on they want the car there.
Last time I was at a traffic light the cars on each side of me stopped disembarked their cars leaving all there doors open and ran in front of my D to take pictures. Gee you would have thought they were paparazzi.

Corvettes are always pulling next to me on the interstate wanting to drag.

I get beeped at so much you would think that I was dragging a skate boarder under the car.

Last time I went to fill her with gas this woman on her cell phone almost fainted telling her husband what she was looking at.

I was parked at a auto speed shop next to a Saleen and a Shelby Cobra the big buck one about 250 k I think. When I went to leave there was a whole crowd of people standing around my car. They didn't even notice the two cars parked on either side of me.

Hell last time I took her to Mickey D's. I had to get up and disperse the crowd around my D. “That means a tour of the car and questions and answers session”. Where's the Flux etc?

I have never in my whole live ever seen so much excitement about a car in my life.

So to that end I would say to the narrator. For a "Performed Pig" conceived and built by John Delorean “I take my hat off to you Sir” you did a mighty fine job.

Jesus when the conversion is complete I am going to need a “Pace Car in front and in back of me."

Just another thought in time!
Ed

skynet
05-19-2012, 04:54 PM
When the guy brought down the "tower" of coins on the windshield of the car, I wanted to slap him in the face.

Sorry for off: not being a native english speaker, please enlighten me how to pronounce "Delorean"? I mean the first "e", is it like the e in thE end, or like the e in thE car? Or do british and american people say differently?

Chris Burns
05-19-2012, 05:44 PM
The narrator was a total jerk.

Look the Delorean I have with the new exhaust sounds great and has plenty of get up and go. To call the car a perfumed pig. Well let me tell you about owning a perfumed oinker in Florida.

People beg me to bring the car to car shows. If anything is going on they want the car there.
Last time I was at a traffic light the cars on each side of me stopped disembarked their cars leaving all there doors open and ran in front of my D to take pictures. Gee you would have thought they were paparazzi.

Corvettes are always pulling next to me on the interstate wanting to drag.

I get beeped at so much you would think that I was dragging a skate boarder under the car.

Last time I went to fill her with gas this woman on her cell phone almost fainted telling her husband what she was looking at.

I was parked at a auto speed shop next to a Saleen and a Shelby Cobra the big buck one about 250 k I think. When I went to leave there was a whole crowd of people standing around my car. They didn't even notice the two cars parked on either side of me.

Hell last time I took her to Mickey D's. I had to get up and disperse the crowd around my D. “That means a tour of the car and questions and answers session”. Where's the Flux etc?

I have never in my whole live ever seen so much excitement about a car in my life.

So to that end I would say to the narrator. For a "Performed Pig" conceived and built by John Delorean “I take my hat off to you Sir” you did a mighty fine job.

Jesus when the conversion is complete I am going to need a “Pace Car in front and in back of me."

Just another thought in time!
Ed

Great story man!:headbang:

If I win the DCS Raffle Delorean I can be a pace car for you. lol

BTTF-1
05-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Absolutely counting on you Chris.

Ed:headbang::headbang::wave2::giddy:

dvonk
05-19-2012, 08:17 PM
If I were honest, I have to say I enjoyed it...

id have to agree with you, Michael, it was an interesting documentary. Quentin Wilson doesnt seem like the nicest guy, definitely critical and cynical (also downright wrong on a couple things)... but i enjoy the DeLorean for exactly what it is, history and all.

ive been in love with the DeLorean for over half of my lifespan, and one negative person isnt going to change my mind. :wink: