PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Bra - final run?

DMCH James
05-21-2012, 10:53 AM
The original supplier of this part went under a couple years ago, but another company bought up their patterns. For lack of sales activity, however, they discontinued it at that same time.

At the request of a couple customers, I've persuaded them to dig out the pattern and do another run of these. They come in a standard black vinyl, or a black vinyl with a faux carbon fiber imprint.

Price for either variant is $249 plus shipping. I'll be placing the order next week, and the lead time is 6 weeks, so we're looking at delivery in mid-July. We won't be ordering any extras of these, so if you don't get it on this now, they will not likely be re-done.

PM, call or email me if interested.

James Espey

-------------------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
[email protected]
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
Tel: 800/872-3621 (USA only)
Tel2: +1-281/441-2537
Fax: +1-281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
http://www.facebook.com/deloreanmotorcompany
--------------------------------------------------

rddmc
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
I have one of the origional versions which is at least 10 years old and it is still in great condition. I like it because it protects the front facia from road debis and bugs.

Rod

82DMC12
05-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Is this the one from Colgan? If so I have one from a long time ago and I usually used it on long highway trips like to DCS. It fits very well and doesn't slap around on the car. Definitely recommended if you are OK with the nose bra look (which is pretty old school now)

Andy

Chris Burns
05-21-2012, 12:38 PM
I would jump all over this if I could. Save one for me James!!

thirdmanj
05-21-2012, 02:21 PM
I never have understood nose bras for cars. Besides the fact that I find them visually unattractive, they end up defeating their entire purpose. Unless one makes it a ritual to remove the bra every weekend or something and clean it. It'll trap dirt, road grime and the like and start to act like sand paper. And then, while its on doing its job "protecting" so to speak, you and on lookers are robbed of a great view of the car. Am I missing something?

DMCH James
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I used mine on my first DeLorean strictly for going to and from shows to eliminate bugs. That purpose is what prompted this last run - someone wanted one for the road trip to DCS. Because of the long lead time, it's doubtful that it will be ready for the show next month, but he still wants one for other shows. I don't think he intends to use it for extended periods.

James

I never have understood nose bras for cars. Besides the fact that I find them visually unattractive, they end up defeating their entire purpose. Unless one makes it a ritual to remove the bra every weekend or something and clean it. It'll trap dirt, road grime and the like and start to act like sand paper. And then, while its on doing its job "protecting" so to speak, you and on lookers are robbed of a great view of the car. Am I missing something?

thirdmanj
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I used mine on my first DeLorean strictly for going to and from shows to eliminate bugs. That purpose is what prompted this last run - someone wanted one for the road trip to DCS. Because of the long lead time, it's doubtful that it will be ready for the show next month, but he still wants one for other shows. I don't think he intends to use it for extended periods.

James

I guess that makes sense then. They just aren't meant to be used daily.

82DMC12
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Totally agree with James. Hate the bugs!

Jacko
05-21-2012, 05:29 PM
This bra has been on 4915 since 1989 ... 365,000 miles ... definitely 'old school' ...

Dangermouse
05-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I too have never understood car bras. But I can sort of see the point for travel to a show.

What are the tabs for, on the back edge, such as the one on jacks car? I see them on several bras. They look to be about 12' long and 1" high.

thirdmanj
05-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I too have never understood car bras. But I can sort of see the point for travel to a show.

What are the tabs for, on the back edge, such as the one on jacks car? I see them on several bras. They look to be about 12' long and 1" high.

I think it's because a car bra has more in common with a condom than a bra. I think they're supposed to be used as handles to pull the bra on.

DMCH James
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Orders for 15 bras so far, cut-off is Friday, June 1st.

James

clenet
04-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Hi James, I am wondering if by any chance you would have any of these Delorean Bras still in stock at this late date so many years later. If so I would be interested in one. Thanks much.
The original supplier of this part went under a couple years ago, but another company bought up their patterns. For lack of saactivity, however, they discontinued it at that same time.

At the request of a couple customers, I've persuaded them to dig out the pattern and do another run of these. They come in a standard black vinyl, or a black vinyl with a faux carbon fiber imprint.

Price for either variant is $249 plus shipping. I'll be placing the order next week, and the lead time is 6 weeks, so we're looking at delivery in mid-July. We won't be ordering any extras of these, so if you don't get it on this now, they will not likely be re-done.

PM, call or email me if interested.

James Espey

-------------------------------------------------
DeLorean Motor Company
[email protected]
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396 USA
Tel: 800/872-3621 (USA only)
Tel2: +1-281/441-2537
Fax: +1-281/441-2813
http://www.delorean.com
http://www.facebook.com/deloreanmotorcompany
--------------------------------------------------

DMCMW Dave
04-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Hi James, I am wondering if by any chance you would have any of these Delorean Bras still in stock at this late date so many years later. If so I would be interested in one. Thanks much.

I have a used one that looks like new. Call me at the shop or email

815 459 6439
dswingle (at )DeLorean.com

JIMJAM
05-01-2017, 04:53 PM
I dug up a original. Dusty, a few rough areas etc from age.. What do these go for? Can't say I have ever seen a original for sale.

volkstony
05-10-2017, 05:37 PM
I have special ordered a bra from colgan / cover craft. If​ anyone is interested in getting one made for themselves​ just call their customer service, and tell them you would like to order a bra in either regular of carbon fiber look. The pattern number is the main item you will need. I gave a heads up saying other owners maybe interested in getting one made. The pattern number is PR170. If you have any issues please pm me and I will try and help out with the designer I talked with.

DMC-Ron
05-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Would you provide the contact information - phone number and name of person to talk to.

Thanks for sharing this information,
Ron

volkstony
05-10-2017, 06:16 PM
The phone number is on cover craft site any customer service person should be able to help you. The part number is the main thing you need