PDA

View Full Version : Delorean doing donuts:

Chris Burns
05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtIOwK89NTo&feature=share

Michael
05-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Looked pretty cool, but definately not the best venue.... He had a few close calls there. Stuff like that needs to be done in an empty lot.

Was that at DMC CA?

stevedmc
05-22-2012, 10:09 AM
I'd be too afraid driving like that might rip one of my fenders off.

jawn101
05-22-2012, 10:09 AM
That car looks so familiar. The "DeLorean" on the side sills... I think that guy's a member here but I can't place who.

dvonk
05-22-2012, 10:31 AM
neat video, but jeez, you wouldnt ever catch me doing that in a DeLorean, especially in such a limited space... :shocked:

Chris Burns
05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
This Delorean belongs to one of the DMC CA guys. I'm not going to say who though!

Jim D
05-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Anyone know what he did to the engine? My stock 130 hp motor won't do that!

Dangermouse
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
It isn't the GN engined car, sorted out, is it?

Chris Burns
05-22-2012, 02:55 PM
It's a PRV engine (with the Stage 2 upgrade I believe) with digital ignition. The GN Delorean is still sitting at DMC CA.

pezzonovante88
05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Cool, but a little scary in such an enclosed area.

stevedmc
05-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Speaking of donuts, I'm hungry.

DMCVegas
05-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I know whose driving this car. I believe the car belongs to Don Steger, and this definitely is at the end of West Road whre DMCGG is located, but Don isn't driving. Anyhow this guy was at DCS-West and had this car up on the roof of the parking garage and was doing the same thing. In fact if you look at Palace Station on Google Earth, you can still see the rubber that he laid down. Hell if you look at West Street you can see the rubber from this video.

Any how, I met the guy briefly. Don Steger is a nice guy, but this dude just rubbed me the wrong way. He kept on trying to brag to everyone about how he was a former NASCAR driver, as well as he was/is a stunt car driver, and it was just all about him. Unless you acknowledged him, he'd just keep going on and on and on about himself and would just keep getting more intense about it. I just walked away and started talking with Chad.

I can't remember the guy's name. I did Google him after the fact and discovered that other than a self-published video on YouTube braging about the same things (go figure), I couldn't find anything on the guy. No credits, nothing.

SIMid
05-22-2012, 10:03 PM
I was expecting something spectacular, but it was pretty average. I was hoping to see a tight crop-circle donut than wide open sliding turns which we could all do easily. Maybe a couple of bags of cement under the hood would help to reduce the front end from sliding around like that.

Jimmyvonviggle
05-22-2012, 10:13 PM
I wonder how maybe parts snapped crackled and popped doing that?

xbrules
05-22-2012, 11:23 PM
That was a fairly patheti-sad attempt, although it did look like the car was less tail happy than everyone warns...

When it come to doing donuts.... Aussies do it best

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ru13iW4eajY

Dangermouse
05-22-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry but I couldn't see anything through the purple smoke. Sounded like Barney with a chainsaw in a noxious fog of his own making, if you know what I mean. ;)

steel-and-fire
05-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Found this and immediately saved it.
Pardon the quality since it was taken from youtube.

Not sure whose it is, since I cannot find the original.
Uploaded to Youtube, but set to unlisted.

The fun happens at 2.35

youtu.be/SsbrD20voZc

dvonk
05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
i remember that video. that is DMCTalk user cineman (http://dmctalk.org/member.php?333-cineman) from Italy and VIN 01748.

protodelorean
05-28-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty sure I know whose driving this car. I believe the car belongs to Don Steger, and this definitely is at the end of West Road whre DMCGG is located, but Don isn't driving. Anyhow this guy was at DCS-West and had this car up on the roof of the parking garage and was doing the same thing. In fact if you look at Palace Station on Google Earth, you can still see the rubber that he laid down. Hell if you look at West Street you can see the rubber from this video.

Any how, I met the guy briefly. Don Steger is a nice guy, but this dude just rubbed me the wrong way. He kept on trying to brag to everyone about how he was a former NASCAR driver, as well as he was/is a stunt car driver, and it was just all about him. Unless you acknowledged him, he'd just keep going on and on and on about himself and would just keep getting more intense about it. I just walked away and started talking with Chad.

I can't remember the guy's name. I did Google him after the fact and discovered that other than a self-published video on YouTube braging about the same things (go figure), I couldn't find anything on the guy. No credits, nothing.

Was it Stanton Barrett?

SIMid
05-29-2012, 12:50 AM
When it come to doing donuts.... Aussies do it best

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ru13iW4eajY

That's more of a burnout than donuts.