PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT: Important changes to dmctalk.org -- please read

Mike C.
05-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Hello everyone,

First, I would like to say Happy Anniversary to DMCTalk.org! We have officially been up and running for just over 1 year, and would like to say thank you to each and every one of you for making the new forum a success.

When .com went down, Tamir, Sean, and I made sure everyone in the DeLorean community, whether a past or present owner, fan, or a person just wanting to learn something about the cars and company would continue to have a place to call home, and we have to say this has been a great year.

We do have a couple of important changes to let everyone know about. First, we would like to say goodbye to our good friend Sean, as he will be leaving the DeLorean community and DMCTalk.org for personal reasons. We all know that at times, life catches up, and we have to adapt and change to take full advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. Without Sean's help, getting the site re-launched would have been near impossible. Sean has been a major part of the foundation of not only DMCTalk, but also the community for over 15 years. Please make sure you take the time to wish him the best. We'll definitely miss him around here.

Tamir and I would like to welcome Chris (Accipiter) as our new full time forum administrator. He will be taking over all duties from Sean, and has already started the transition.

We would also like to welcome Ron as our new full time Forum Moderator. With DMCTalk ever expanding, watching the posts has become more challenging, and we felt it would be best to have more eyes watching out. Ron has been a well respected member of the forums, and has also started getting to learn the functions of the forum software.

Please welcome Chris and Ron to their new positions with DMCTalk.org! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of us!

-Mike
DMCTalk.org Administrator

Dangermouse
05-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Very sad to see you go, good fiend, Sean :)

Come back and visit occasionally. We'll miss you buddy

jawn101
05-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Farewell, Sean. You've done great work here!

Ron, congrats on the promotion.

protodelorean
05-23-2012, 07:52 PM
:bawling::sad30::bigcry: So long buddy!

dvonk
05-23-2012, 09:08 PM
sorry to see you go, Sean. thanks for all youve done for us. best of luck in all your future endeavors and remember...

keep The Aeroplane Flying High. :headbang:

-David

SIMid
05-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Goodbye Sean :( Will be sad to see you leave. I will also wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Congrats to the promotions Chris and Ron! :) Let the fun times begin! :)

nullset
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I hate Accipter.

Ron sucks.

Sean rules.

jawn101
05-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Farewell, Sean. You've done great work here!

Ron, congrats on the promotion.

I missed the part about Chris - so congrats to him as well.

Mike S
05-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Sean, thank you for all the support and dedication that you have provided throughout the years. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Ron & Chris, enjoy your new roles.

Mike S.

stevedmc
05-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I hate Accipter.

Ron sucks.

Sean rules.

You pretty much summed it up. I enjoyed making Sean angry. Now I've got to be enemies with Ron and Accipter. :( Ron, you suck.

thirdmanj
05-24-2012, 11:40 AM
You pretty much summed it up. I enjoyed making Sean angry. Now I've got to be enemies with Ron and Accipter. :( Ron, you suck.

Jus stert speling stuf rong. And using bad speeking and righting.

.... ;)

BTW, if sean is leaving, does that mean that Bill gets to come back?

stevedmc
05-24-2012, 12:05 PM

I believe Mike was also mad at Bill for Bill being Bill.

Mike C.
05-24-2012, 02:12 PM

I believe Mike was also mad at Bill for Bill being Bill.

I am indifferent regarding Bill as a person. Never met him, never talked to him. Sean's leaving does not change anything.

Ryan
05-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Congrats Ron and Chris! Mighty big shoes for you guys to fill.

jackb
05-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Well, it sucks to lose Sean.
Congratulations to Ron and Chris, I'm sure you'll do fine.

stevedmc
05-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I thought my web cookies and browser history was safe with Sean but now Ron is going to know what websites I visit as well. Ron sucks.

Bitsyncmaster
05-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Well, it sucks to lose Sean.
Congratulations to Ron and Chris, I'm sure you'll do fine.

+1

Kukem
05-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Congratulations to Ron and Accipiter! Good luck with the new "jobs".

Sorry to see you go, Sean. Look on the bright side; it seems it takes two new moderators to replace you! That has to say something, right?

EDIT: after re-reading that, I have a feeling I may have unintentionally boosted an ego.

DeLorean
05-26-2012, 08:16 PM
autoguide.com taking over?

ccurzio
05-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey, folks. First of all, thanks for all the well-wishes.

Second, like most of you I was also sad to hear of Sean's departure from the community. He's been an invaluable resource to owners, this forum, and myself on countless occasions and aside from my needs as an owner I was also privileged to count him as a friend. He will definitely be missed.

Ron is also a great member of this community and I believe he will be a good moderator. He's got plenty of know-how with our cars, and has already proven himself to be another great technical resource for us. (I already owe him 3 cans of R134a and a bottle of Esther Oil, if that says anything!) I would expect that this should easily carry over into his role as moderator here on DMCTalk.

As for my role as administrator, it should pretty much go unnoticed. Aside from some routine site maintenance and chipping in on the moderator side of things to assist Mike, Tamir, and Ron, I'll be keeping my current profile on the site - someone who knows a bit about the DMC-12 and a bunch about internet stuff. I hope to continue to rely on all of you to help me through the continuing efforts of DeLorean ownership while helping to keep our online community clean and efficient. :) That being said, please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns about anything related to site operations, content questions or concerns, or even DMC-12 questions. I can easily answer anything related to the first two issues, and if I can't answer a specific question about DeLorean-specific stuff I certainly have the resources to try and get you an answer.

Thanks again, and enjoy.

Shep
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
We would like to say goodbye to our good friend Sean, as he will be leaving the DeLorean community and DMCTalk.org for personal reasons.We didn't talk much, but even I knew all the work you did here. I know from experience that being an admin is a lot of behind-the-scenes work, most of it not being seen by the general public. Anyways, I think Eagles said it best when they said "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." The DeLorean hobby will

Congrats Chris and Ron on the promotion and/or new job! I wish you best of luck, and hope you do well.

AdmiralSenn
06-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Wow, Sean's leaving. Godspeed, dude. Thanks for the work you put in over the years!

DMC5180
06-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Sean , Thanks for the support and hard work you put in over the years. I hope your able to drop in and say Hi once in awhile. Does leaving the Delorean Community mean your car and all DMC Related items are being Sold or are you simply going on hiatus for a few years?

I wish you all the best.

Farrar
06-13-2012, 11:17 AM
All the best to you and yours, Sean! You will be missed.

stevedmc
06-13-2012, 12:09 PM
First, we would like to say goodbye to our good friend Sean, as he will be leaving the DeLorean community and DMCTalk.org for personal reasons. We all know that at times, life catches up, and we have to adapt and change to take full advantage of every opportunity that presents itself.

You people are silly. Sean is gone. That means he isn't here to read anyone's goodbyes.

Farrar
06-13-2012, 07:23 PM
You people are silly. Sean is gone. That means he isn't here to read anyone's goodbyes.

Funerals are for the living.