PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body PJ Grady Panel Repair

Grover
06-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know how happy I am with the work I just got done at PJ Grady's. I watched before my eyes as a dent in my driver rear panel disappear before my own eyes. On top of that, various other small dings, dents, and deep scratches were all removed. It really is something to watch the work being done, as you can just mention something that has been bothering you and he will know immediately what it is and before you can say anything it will start to be fixed.

Overall, a great day at the shop and I am now afraid to touch the panels on the car, lol. I'll post some before and after pics of the dent early tomorrow.

BTW, snooping around Rob's stock room, he's come into a bunch of parts that have been unavailable for a long time. For those people looking for some hard to find parts, I would give Rob a call.

Grover
06-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Some quick pics before I get a better "after" shot tomorrow

Before

After

jmettee
06-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Cool Steve, thanks for the review. Did Rob do the bodywork himself, or does he have someone else come in to do it?

Did the quarterpanel have to come off? I have a small dent in the same area that I wouldn't mind having repaired someday.

Michael
06-16-2011, 07:14 AM
I have a complete set of panels in storage that I would love to have repaired. Hardly any damage. If shipping were not so outrageous, I would send them off to him.

DMC3165
06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know how happy I am with the work I just got done at PJ Grady's. I watched before my eyes as a dent in my driver rear panel disappear before my own eyes.

+1 on this. Rob did both my fenders over the winter and the end results are flawless. I had 2 dents in my LFF and a crease in 2 spots on the right one. My LFF was removed for the repair. The right one had the crease around the wheel well (it was backed into in storage) and was done while still on the car. The price was very reasonable and I would recommend him to anyone that needs body repair.

BTW, nice to bump into you there Steve:wave:

Grover
06-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Cool Steve, thanks for the review. Did Rob do the bodywork himself, or does he have someone else come in to do it?

Did the quarterpanel have to come off? I have a small dent in the same area that I wouldn't mind having repaired someday.

Rob did all the panel work himself. He did not have to take the panel off, it ended juuuuussssssttt as it was getting to the fiberglass behind it. There is a slight imperfection right next to the fiberglass that he said he would have to pull the panel off for and we decided it wasn't worth it. You can't even see it. The job took a little less than 2 hours.

He fixed a bunch of other stuff in the stainless too, its amazing what he points out as imperfections, stuff you would never see. If the job is VERY particular, he may suggest to wait for Chris to come over from the UK, be he will freshen it up to still look better. It's awesome to watch him grind away at it and then regrain, my panel's really do look awesome.