PDA

View Full Version : DCS2012 - Put a Face to the Name

Dangermouse
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
To make getting to know each other easier, how about posting a basic picture here, so folks can link a face to a name?

Of course, those on facebook already know what each other looks like, but for the rest of us Luddites, lets do it here in one place.

Either attach a headshot (not a pic of four guys round a DeLorean with the title "I'm the one in the middle") or for privacy protectors like me, add it to your sig and then delete it after the show.

Bitsyncmaster
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Took me a few tries. You have to save your signature even though the uploaded photo shows.

Nicholas R
06-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Done!

Dangermouse
06-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Lol, just realized that this is a fail on Tapatalk. Oh well.

john 05141
06-06-2012, 04:39 AM
6.6 foot grey hair. ya can't miss me.
Obviously talking a foreign accent.

stevedmc
06-06-2012, 08:25 AM
A picture isn't necessary for me. I'll be wearing the green pimp suit.

jawn101
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
A picture isn't necessary for me. I'll be wearing the green pimp suit.

I can't make the show (wish I could), but will anyone who IS going be real disappointed if Steve doesn't look like his profile pic? :)

dvonk
06-06-2012, 10:46 AM
there you go. postage-stamp size doesnt provide a much clarity, but you get the idea... :)

stevedmc
06-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Does it need to be a recent pic?

Dangermouse
06-06-2012, 02:56 PM

Only if you want anyone to be able to recognize you by it.

whocruiser
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm the one in the picture who's NOT an internationally known TV star ;-)

Nicholas R
06-07-2012, 01:54 AM

Lol, nice. Though I'm sure he has a different preference as to how to travel through time ;)

Dangermouse
06-07-2012, 08:01 AM

Let me corrcet my previous comment -

"Only if you still have the same haircut and are always wearing the same jacket."

SamHill
06-07-2012, 08:12 AM

I honestly don't know which one is the celebrity.

Spittybug
06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
I honestly don't know which one is the celebrity.

Ditto.

Dangermouse
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I used my mad calculus skilz to compare the attached photo with the avatar and identify the common element. The others must be some TV star and a car guy

Farrar
06-07-2012, 04:24 PM
OK, I did it ... even though I am not going this year. :(

Chris Burns
06-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Me pointing out the Delorean street sign (yes there is actually a Delorean street!).

denis45700
06-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Me pointing out the Delorean street sign (yes there is actually a Delorean street!).

That should be in my garage.

Ozzie
06-13-2012, 08:56 PM
OK, my mug is up.

Edit:
Eeek, just previewed it. Posted from China, and obviously from the picture I am not getting enough (good) sleep here.
Anyway, yup that's me. I'm very tall here in China, but back in the states my 5'9" stature really isn't.

Hope to meet up with as many of you at DCS as possible (as it turns out, I can only be there on Saturday).

Remember to stop by the 11am LED presentation, I've been cleaning up the formating of the presentation at nights in the hotel(s), and in case the airlines misplace my baggage (yes it has happened once), I carry the presentation on a USB key around my neck as a backup.

ccurzio
06-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm very tall here in China, but back in the states my 5'9" stature really isn't.

BOO FREAKING HOO.

(I'm 5'2". :))

Dangermouse
06-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Well, thanks to this thread I was able to meet Dave M and Nicholas.

However I totally failed to meet dvonk (I think I saw him a couple of times) or John. I would have though a 6'6" Belgian would have been easy to find, but apparently not.

Ozzie
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM

However I totally failed to meet dvonk (I think I saw him a couple of times) or John. I would have though a 6'6" Belgian would have been easy to find, but apparently not.

This was a great idea to post pictures (i've erased my mug henceforth), Dermot.

Because of it, I totally saw and recognized you (and at least two other forum members, that I had never personally met before) in the audience as I was on stage, but never saw you outside the presentations that morning or I would have stopped by to say hello. I give you credit: you never once nodded off during my presentation (thanks!).

Dangermouse
06-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Because of it, I totally saw and recognized you (and at least two other forum members, that I had never personally met before) in the audience as I was on stage, but never saw you outside the presentations that morning or I would have stopped by to say hello. I give you credit: you never once nodded off during my presentation (thanks!).

Ditto.

I really enjoyed your LED presentation, as did my son, although he suspected it to be vaguely educational, a concept he has been avoiding since school let out. I think he is motivated to change my car to LEDs without me based solely on that presentation.

But I didn't see you again after that or I would have had a chat. Next time, for sure.

Ozzie
06-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Ditto.

I really enjoyed your LED presentation, as did my son, although he suspected it to be vaguely educational, a concept he has been avoiding since school let out. I think he is motivated to change my car to LEDs without me based solely on that presentation.

But I didn't see you again after that or I would have had a chat. Next time, for sure.

Very cool, love to hear another Father & Son DeLorean team is out there (history: my Son while in high school did a Jedi mind trick on me as I was finalizing my cool car purchase way back when, he was on stage assisting me at the presentation, lighting up LED related parts of my car which I took with, as the presentation called for it.).

I flew in on late Friday, then on Saturday, after judging, after the presentation, after catching up with old friends as we bumped into them, we finally got some time to see the show, but left for a family dinner in the late afternoon. Dayton for sure.

Bitsyncmaster
06-18-2012, 04:34 PM

I met John this morning (we both stayed a few extra days). It was this thread that helped us start a conversation.

stevedmc
06-18-2012, 04:51 PM
It was this thread that helped us start a conversation.

Nonsense. I look nothing like the picture in my signature (or avatar) yet tons of people recognized me and said hello.

Bitsyncmaster
06-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Nonsense. I look nothing like the picture in my signature (or avatar) yet tons of people recognized me and said hello.

Your green suit gave it away:goatee:

Dangermouse
06-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Your green suit gave it away:goatee:

+1

dvonk
06-19-2012, 01:27 AM
there were several people that i recognized but didnt get a chance to have a conversation with them--sorry to those i missed! i am currently planning on attending DCS 2014, but who knows if anything will come up in the next two years...

until then, if anyone is passing through or visiting the Omaha area, drop me a line and we can go out and get a drink! :cheers:

Farrar
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I am keeping my picture in my signature so that you will all recognize me in Dayton two years hence.

Unfortunately, I have since bought an iPad and using Tapatalk none of the signatures show up. Fortunately, I know what I look like...