PDA

View Full Version : Toby's sway bar kit.

Martyn
06-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Anyone looking too change their anti roll bar and lower control arm bushes,I would highley reccomend Toby's sway bar kit.A big :thumbup:.

Jeff K
06-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Anyone looking too change their anti roll bar and lower control arm bushes,I would highley reccomend Toby's sway bar kit.A big :thumbup:.

Good to know. I bought it and plan on installing it this week.

Kevin
06-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Someone else was raving about it at DCS this weekend as well, I'll have to give it a try. How has your handling improved? I think mine could use some improvements cornering, so I'm mainly looking for that.

Martyn
06-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Really mate I would change the lot.
The steering is much firmer,it brakes in a strait line,it got rid of the shake i had on the steering wheel when breaking.
I can throw it into corners on my local roads I couldn't before.
Just the over all feel of the car is much firmer.Feels loads more solid.
But I also have poly trailing arm bushes as well.

DCUK Martin
06-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I've been a huge advocate of this bush kit for years. Anyone considering spending hundreds of dollars on the reinforcement brackets from Ed should consider 99 bucks on this and see if you still think you need an improvement...

DMC5180
06-23-2012, 01:52 AM
I can answer that.

I did Toby's ARB kit first, some handling improvement was noted at the time plus it got rid of all my annoying front end squeaks (donut bushings mostly) that was the biggest improvement to me.

6 months later I installed ED's LCA stabilizer arms. Those made a significant improvement reducing bump steer feed back in the steering wheel in addition to the poly ARB kit.

Some claim the strut bars make a noticeable difference. I don't have one on my car to say one way or the other. Personally I'm skeptical until proven otherwise. But if all you have is a strut bar with a stock front end I can see where a person could notice a difference. What that difference is versus the improvements I've already made is what I'm in question of.

1batt4u
06-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Any pictures???

GS450-Junkie
08-11-2012, 02:56 PM
How much will a good front end suspension upgrade cost you in the end?

DMC5180
08-12-2012, 11:18 PM
How much will a good front end suspension upgrade cost you in the end?

It depends on your definition of GOOD.

Assuming you are doing the work, it's a matter of Parts cost and what your willing to spend.

The list of upgrade parts:

DMCMW Strut Bar about $175
DMCNW Poly ARB bushing kit is about $100
DMCEU Poly ARB Bushing kit Is about the same. (Avail @ DMCMW)
DMCEU LCA link kit is about $375 (Avail @ DMCMW)

Then you have Normal Parts that might need replacing.

Ball joints, Steering rack, steering shafts, shocks.

DeLorean
08-13-2012, 12:10 AM
this part currently lists at DMCNW as out of stock...

Tillsy
08-13-2012, 02:48 AM
this part currently lists at DMCNW as out of stock...

Sorry! I snapped up their last one a few weeks ago!

Rich
05-27-2022, 01:22 PM
Finished renewing our D's sway bar and its mounts based on a friend's recommendation (thanks, Mark!).

A. Pulled the sway bar from the LCAs for the first time since new. Stripped and refinished it with epoxy spray paint.
B. Tossed the OE bar-to-LCA bushings. Also tossed the relatively new front bushings and OE brackets.
C. Replaced all the bushings and the brackets with those from Toby's Front Sway Bar Combo Kit (https://www.delorean-parts.com/product/front-sway-bar-combo-kit/).

The front end "graunch" noise we used to hear at parking lot speed - or even a little bit at rest - during front suspension compression disappeared. Gone. It had been bothering me for decades. I knew it wasn't from the front bushings so I guess it was the LCA-bar bushings. I was only expecting better LCA restraint without going after the LCAs directly so I'm happy to get this extra benefit.

Now it's time to rack up 100 miles on the car and then re-check all the fasteners per the kit instructions.

Looks better, feels better, sounds better.

Nice kit, Toby!