PDA

View Full Version : Does any one know where DCS 2013 is going to be????

sadeeky
06-17-2012, 07:31 AM
I missed DCS 2012 because I am stationed in Afghanistan, but my dad went for me since he lives in Orlando. Does anyone know when next year is going to be? I am definitely not going to miss that one

thirdmanj
06-17-2012, 07:53 AM
I missed DCS 2012 because I am stationed in Afghanistan, but my dad went for me since he lives in Orlando. Does anyone know when next year is going to be? I am definitely not going to miss that one

I think it's every other year. I saw a FB posting that DCS 2014 will be in Dayton OH.

Dangermouse
06-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Yep, every 2 years

Nicholas R
06-17-2012, 04:46 PM
No 2013 DCS. The whole every year idea died when the Vegas show had poor attendance. DCS 2014 is in Dayton, OH.

Domi
06-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Here it is:
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/

rothsean
08-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I think it's every other year. I saw a FB posting that DCS 2014 will be in Dayton OH.

Dayton! That blows.... Who picked that spot?? It should be a cool/hip city, that way people can combine the show with a vacation. Nobody vacations to Dayton.

Morpheus
08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I believe the reason is that it's close to Ken's home and this is the last show that he's heading up.

dmc6960
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Dayton! That blows.... Who picked that spot?? It should be a cool/hip city, that way people can combine the show with a vacation. Nobody vacations to Dayton.

Orlando is a "cool/hip" city yet had the smallest DeLorean turnout of any show. Its more fun to drive to a DeLorean car show in a DeLorean. Most people didn't want to drive that far. Dayton is a good spot. It wouldn't be picked without something fun to do.

SS Spoiler
08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
If your looking for something interesting the Air Force Museum is awesome!

jafo2k
08-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Only 26 hours from me.. I'll be there!

08-31-2012, 09:50 AM
I didnt go to Orlando because the last place I wanted to be was DisneyWorld in June.

Morpheus
08-31-2012, 09:56 AM
I didnt go to Orlando because the last place I wanted to be was DisneyWorld in June.

Why? It wasn't all that bad. A little hot, but the rain stayed away for the most part.

Besides, there is a lot more to do in Orlando than just Disney.

dmc6960
08-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Why? It wasn't all that bad. A little hot, but the rain stayed away for the most part.

Further on the heat, Orlando was not the hottest place during my trip. I really didn't think temps were all that bad at all. And I'm from Minnesota! The hottest temps on my whole trip was in CENTRAL IOWA on the drive home. I wish I would of had more time to spend down there to make the most of my 3000+ mile round trip extended weekend.

Rich W
08-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Further on the heat, Orlando was not the hottest place during my trip. I really didn't think temps were all that bad at all. And I'm from Minnesota! The hottest temps on my whole trip was in CENTRAL IOWA on the drive home. I wish I would of had more time to spend down there to make the most of my 3000+ mile round trip extended weekend.

After the Summer we have had this year in the Midwest, the Orlando heat in June was not bad at all. I remember going to Disney in July and August
as a youngster and that was pretty brutal (my brother and I were counting the First Aid wheelchairs that went by, to pick up passed out patrons).

I also wish I had more time to spend down there, taking my four nephews to a few more theme parks, especially after the 3000+ mile transports with
the D Rex and the D Limo (two days on the road, each way, to do the transports). An extra day or two down there would have been great.

I think the current count as of today will be 44 days of 90 degrees or higher for this Summer in the Chicagoland area, which is Second on the list for
All-Time Hottest Summer on Record. We also dodged some severe weather just before and just after DCS 2012, so I think the weather was a winner.

Later,
Rich W.

Jeremy Popp
08-31-2012, 01:45 PM
I personally am very excited about the 2014 show being in Dayton, OH. I work in Dayton, and drive past the Marriott nearly every day. As mentioned before, Dayton was most likely picked due to location as opposed to wether or not it fit any "vacation destination" model. I have a feeling we'll have more Deloreans at this event than possibly any other, there are alot of DMC's in Ohio and surrounding.

Besides the Air Force Museum, there is also the Packard Museum:
www.americaspackardmuseum.org (http://www.americaspackardmuseum.org/)

Also, for any of you bargin hunters, there are 2 large flea markets about 15 minutes away:
Trader World (http://tradersworld.info/)
Treasure Isle (http://www.treasure-aisles.com/)

...of course they're only open Sat/Sun.

Citizen
08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
No 2013 DCS. The whole every year idea died when the Vegas show had poor attendance. DCS 2014 is in Dayton, OH.

I know you're talking about no DCS in the odd years. But I just wanted to point out that DMC (Texas) used to put on an open house on years that there was no DCS. I'm not sure why they stopped, except that it is probably LOTS of work. Nevertheless, when they do it, it's no small potatos. Last couple of times, it's been a three day event, with all sorts technical stuff and presentations, the museum, lots of displays & demonstrations, dinners, awards, keynote speakers, and an action packed track event. Always a full agenda and very well managed.

All in all, a most excellent way to spend your DeLorean time on off years from DCS.

Thomas

Dangermouse
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the next DCS(aka BTTF show) should be in 2015 instead of 2014?

dvonk
08-31-2012, 09:05 PM

+1. the weather in Omaha was so much worse than in Orlando. it was a welcome break. getting home after DCS and stepping off the plane was like a smack in the face. ugh.