PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Rental Request - Sanford area 9/8/12

Morpheus
06-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello,
I found your club online, and was hoping there might be a way to rent a De Lorean for our getaway vehicle from our wedding?

We'll be getting married at a church in Sanford, FL, then most likely driving straight from there to the Orlando Airport. It's going to be an afternoon wedding, and the church only allows 2 drinks, so it's not going to be a crazy wedding or anything! My fiance just loves the Back to the Future movies, and I thought it would be so much fun if I could surprise him with a De Lorean for a memorable exit!

The date will be September 8 of this year.

Thank you so much,
Liz

If anyone wants to help Liz out, please contact her @ lizhornbeck(at)gmail.com

Evildeli
06-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I'll contact them since this will be in my backyard. Hope they're not expecting me to drive them to the airport though :tongue:

Morpheus
06-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I figured this would be a good one for you, John. :headbang:

If nothing else, you could drive them to another waiting vehicle that's around the block from the church...

Dangermouse
06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
One at a time?

Morpheus
06-25-2012, 06:21 PM
^Haha... Maybe they are a "skinny" couple.

ccurzio
06-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Seems to me they're not looking for a car and driver, just a car.

I'd never loan my car out to an event where I wouldn't be driving, but that's just me.

Morpheus
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
She doesn't want to drive it.

I got this reply from her earlier today:

Thanks so much! Also, we wouldn't have to drive it...just remembered my fiancé doesn't drive a manual...I don't know if there's a way we could just be driven, that would be fine too!

Liz

Ultimately, it's up to whomever decides to rend their car to her to decide what is or isn't allowed. As a club, we only make the introductions.

Evildeli
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
She doesn't want to drive it.

I got this reply from her earlier today:

Ultimately, it's up to whomever decides to rend their car to her to decide what is or isn't allowed. As a club, we only make the introductions.

Good to know. I sent an email and am just waiting for a response.

whocruiser
06-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I did a similar wedding in may. I pushed the passenger seat all the way back and the bride sat on the groom's lap as the best man closed the door for them and all the party goers threw the rice. then I drove out of the hotel parkng lot, then turned around the block and back to the next hotel over, and let them out to go start the honeymoon. A very short trip but still a dramatic exit for them.

Jimmyvonviggle
06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
The most logical thing would be to tie the bride to the luggage rack, but hey that's just me.

Oh and her husband doesn't drive standard? What happened to the time when men were men?
(not meant to open the auto vs stick debate).

Evildeli
06-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I did a similar wedding in may. I pushed the passenger seat all the way back and the bride sat on the groom's lap as the best man closed the door for them and all the party goers threw the rice. then I drove out of the hotel parkng lot, then turned around the block and back to the next hotel over, and let them out to go start the honeymoon. A very short trip but still a dramatic exit for them.

I just got word from her finally, and yes, she/groom would like to drive my D from the church to the airport. I informed her that I don't usually allow clients to drive my D, however I copied Dan's quote as an alternative.

Adam Worth
07-12-2012, 05:15 AM
I've started my company for a year now and I never yet experienced anything similar. People in my country are far more reserved even when it comes to weddings.
Best regards,

Evildeli
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Well she liked the idea about sitting in the passenger seat with her hubby but wasn't sure how it would work, so she asked if she could drop by with her mom and see the car, since it's a surprise to her groom(I hope he isn't on this forum). I tell you, I don't know how Whocruiser did it, let alone MJF and Claudia Wells, there's almost no room for two people in one seat. She sat in her mom's lap, but I was afraid to close the door on them. Add a wedding dress and I don't see it being possible, but I'm gonna leave it up to her. It's her wedding and her money. If she wants to do it, I'm all game. Just hope I don't get too much makeup on my headliners :)

Evildeli
09-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Gig went pretty well. Most of the wedding party came out to set up for the line and it took longer than expected cause everyone wanted pics with the car. Of course it ended when I had to start kicking people out of the car without asking. The party lined up around the church with sparklers and the bride and groom walked out of the church through the crowd to Bonnie. The groom completely flipped out. I played the BTTF soundtrack for them, and we drove off around the corner to the waiting limo. I took some extra pics for the couple before they headed to the airport. Thanks again Dan for the awesome advice.

Dangermouse
09-09-2012, 12:43 PM
So, both in the same seat or what?

Glad it worked out for them.

Evildeli
09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
They were both in the passenger seat, and they were both tall. He was about 6'3" and she was about 6 foot. I closed the door for them and was afraid I was gonna slam her face into the headliner, but they fit. Next time anyone asks how much room is there on the inside, I'm gonna tell them you can fit a newlywed couple in the passenger side :)

Morpheus
09-11-2012, 08:53 AM
That's great, I'm glad it worked out!

whocruiser
09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
My wedding couple was shorter, glad yours still fit, LOL :hysterical: