PDA

View Full Version : passenger "property of" tags?, 3.0 prv motor

SProfita
06-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I have found my dream car and wonder did the DMC at the factory come with "property of" black tags with white writing from the factory? This Delorean has one located on the passenger door when you open it, that faces the door jam and has me so curious! The tag reads "property of Chris A. Green", i found it very interesting. And on another note does anyone here have the 3.0 PRV motor in their Delorean from the Eagle Premier from 1990 model year I believe when chrysler sold Eagle passenger cars here? Thanks for any answers and clues! Love these cars to the MAX!

Dangermouse
06-27-2012, 11:26 PM
First one is easy. No, those didn't come from the factory. Probable didn't even come from the dealer.

There was a thread on here last week about an owner who removed them, because they had the PO's name on them.

I'll let someone else chime in on the eagle motor, I know someone has one.

SProfita
06-28-2012, 12:28 AM
POs? property of, I take it?

ccurzio
06-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Previous Owner.

DMCVegas
06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Back in either late 2000, or early 2001 there was a seller on eBay who was making those tags. I remember I found the auction and then forgot to bid before it was too late. As they said it was a one-time only deal. Still kicking myself for missing out...

EdR5150
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
And on another note does anyone here have the 3.0 PRV motor in their Delorean from the Eagle Premier from 1990 model year I believe when chrysler sold Eagle passenger cars here?

I've got the 1991 Eagle Premier/Dodge Monaco PRV, currently outside the Delorean on a stand. According to records that was the first year without a distributor.

A few other forum members have transplanted 3.0 Eagle/Dodge PRVs, and DPI regularly sells 3.0 PRVs to clients.

outatym2001
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
And on another note does anyone here have the 3.0 PRV motor in their Delorean from the Eagle Premier from 1990 model year I believe when chrysler sold Eagle passenger cars here? Thanks for any answers and clues! Love these cars to the MAX!

I have the 3.0 Liter bottom end from an Eagle Premier / Dodge Monaco (nearly the same car). The 3.0 was combined with my original 2.8 PRV V6 heads, intake, exhaust manifold, and timing chain cover. It uses a Bosch mechanical fuel distributor from a Volvo, different higher lift cam shafts from something I don't know, an even fire Electrical Distributor Cap and Rotor from the Porsche 911 1976-1989, a Warm Up Regulator from some other car I don't know. This Frankenstien engine looks exactly like the original PRV V6 and is now a higher compression 10.1 to 1 and I have to use 92 octane gas or else it really, really detonates and sounds like crap. This was done in March - April 2001 by an import repair shop in Seattle, Washington who has stopped working on DeLoreans like six years ago.
Another Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club member has the entire 3.0 Liter engine in his car with the Electromotive aftermarket electronic fuel injection system but he bought the DeLorean built that way from the previous owner who had it installed at the same shop where mine was installed eleven years ago.
The owner of that 3.0 PRV V6 DeLorean is not on this forum.

SProfita
06-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Cool! thankyou for the info guys!Yes these cars are amzing machines and on of my childhood dreams, of course the back to the future movie series didn't hurt the cause either! I had watched the first one when i was probably 6 or 7 years old, I would say, I am 28 now. I have done alot of research on these cars and Mr. Delorean the last few months. The one i have found is sitting in an inner city warehouse and has been for about 4.5 years and doesnt run at the moment. The driver door is stuck shut but its an '83 auto with black interior, I have not got the VIN number yet. He wants 14k for it, which is about average, the odometer reads 15,000, it has been very well preserved, and funny thing is has sat on a wood floor trailer in this building all these years and had tons of dust settled on it. being an '83, it looks as if the wheels were the early gray powdercoated ones. This forum has already been a great deal of help and everyone here sounds like they have alot of fun living the dream!

rddmc
06-30-2012, 10:12 PM
I bought the "Property of tags" around 2000 or 2001. It was an Ebay seller and I think they came in pairs(or perhaps I just bought two) because I have one on each door. I really like them and think that some of the vendors should offer them. They came with two sided tape and both of mine are still holding fine. If any need to be removed a hair dryer should easily get them loose. These were quality items with black lettering on stainless steel.

Rod

ccurzio
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't mind buying one of those, but I would tuck it into a super out-of-the-way place that would make it easy for me to identify if it were to ever be stolen but next to impossible to find if you don't know to look for it.

I'm thinking that I'd also like to make a custom stainless QR code decal with my name and have that somewhere a little more accessible, but still secured under normal conditions. Underside of a door or just below the engine bay lamp, perhaps.