PDA

View Full Version : Universal Orlando Resort Hard Rock Cafe' shows off Coulombe Ent DeLorean Time Machine

Coulombe
07-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Just wanted to show off some photos of our lastest Delorean Time Machine 2015 Fusion Industries Series replica that was recently on display at Universal Orlando Resort Hard Rock Cafe' for a Back To The Future party on June 26, 2012. We had an awesome time, received some great press and Universal was awe stucked by the details in our Time Machine.

We also had Chris Prueitt and Rob Sims, professional actors for USF playing the roles of Doc Brown and Marty Mcfly. They were a big hit and kept the crowd entertained the whole day. Thank you USF, Chris & Rob we had a "GREAT" time! Hope everyone enjoys the photos. Thanks DMCTalk for letting me post these here.

11885 11886 11887 11888 11889 11890 11891 11892 11893 11894 11895 11896 11897 11898 11899 11900 11901 11902 11903 11904 11905 11906 11907 11908 11909 11910 11911 11914 11915 11916 11912 11913 11917

DMage
07-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey Bruce -

That looks great! Wonderful pictures!

Glad everything worked out good for you at the Hard Rock. I have no idea how they got you in the front - did you drive through CityWalk or is there a way they shuffled you in from the back?!

A few of the Orlando DeLorean owners need to swing by your shop one day if your up for visitors!

Here is a shot of my car on stage there too from an event earlier this year. :)

DL4567
07-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Looks like the event was a huge success Bruce! Very glad you were able to find professional actors for Doc and Marty. I'm sure they did a much better job than my friend and I could have done. Wish we could have seen it in person.

Evildeli
07-14-2012, 06:23 PM
A few of the Orlando DeLorean owners need to swing by your shop one day if your up for visitors.

Class trip! I wanna go. Count me in.

In regards to the pics, I can't tell if the bands are Led or EL wire but it looks awesome especially since you can change colors.

Coulombe
07-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Hey Bruce -

That looks great! Wonderful pictures!

Glad everything worked out good for you at the Hard Rock. I have no idea how they got you in the front - did you drive through CityWalk or is there a way they shuffled you in from the back?!

A few of the Orlando DeLorean owners need to swing by your shop one day if your up for visitors!

Here is a shot of my car on stage there too from an event earlier this year. :)

Thanks for the nice compliments.

To get my car on the outside stage we had to enter thru the back lot Gate #2 area. On the south side of the HRC is some arches to a hallway. (see pics)
That arch is only 92 inches wide. We ( me and USF Security staff) had to remove all objects from the hallway path. Then we had to manually push the car into a 14 foot wide hallway strip. Once we got the car straighten in the hallway ( after about 9 tries), we had to manually push the car down 30 feet to where the hallway now narrows down to 92 inches wide for about 40 feet. The last arch was also 92 inches wide before entering onto the outdoor stage. Once there we had plenty of room to maneuver. To get the car back out the same way we came in. We tried to go out front first but, after about 20 tries we were not able to do so. We had to back out the car to the outdoor stage and turn the DeLorean around to manually push it out backwards. Then we got her out after about 6 tries. WAS NOT EASY!!

11965 11964 11963 11957 11962 11961 11960 11958 11959

Coulombe
07-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Looks like the event was a huge success Bruce! Very glad you were able to find professional actors for Doc and Marty. I'm sure they did a much better job than my friend and I could have done. Wish we could have seen it in person.

Thanks Derek!

Please understand, I had no vote in the hiring of the Doc & Marty actors. Koncept told me that they had contacted you for a quote, is this correct?

I know that I gave your contact info and Chris Preitt's contact info to Koncept and Koncept contacted Universal directly for info on the two actors that work for USF. I don't know how they came to making their decission. I'm sure it was based on the two actors being local and working for USF.

Better luck to you in the future.

Coulombe
07-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Class trip! I wanna go. Count me in.

In regards to the pics, I can't tell if the bands are Led or EL wire but it looks awesome especially since you can change colors.

Everyone and "ALMOST" anyone is welcome to visit with me at my workshop. Not much to see in my opinion. A small but useful workshop. Just give me advanced warning and we'll go from there.

As for the lighting FX under the Flux Bands. I use weather proof LED Neon strips. They are cost effective, easy to work with & install and give off a great glow. Much much better to work with than the EL strings.

Surprisingly enough, fans love the color changing on the Flux bands but, hard core BTTF critics :goatee: "Hate" it! I've been told that I'm not staying true to the film. The strips should be "white" first, blue second. I say they are right about the white but, the movie displayed blue and only hard core fans know of the white. I believe in giving my customers and fans the most FX for their buck and what they want to see in FX. My logic is, put in as much custom FX and a on/off switch onto my replicas that is cost effective, profitable and mezmerizing to all. If some someone does not want those custom FX and only the true to the movie fX, than use the "TURN OFF" switch! :bootyshake:

BTTF-1
07-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Absolutely amazing Bruce.

Another great BTTF Time Machine!

ED:thumbup::smackbum::strongman:

Coulombe
07-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Absolutely amazing Bruce.

Another great BTTF Time Machine!

ED:thumbup::smackbum::strongman:

Thank you, Ed!!! You are too kind. :raveon: I am glad you like and appreciate our work. :wrenchin: Your $50 endorsement fee is in the mail. :rolleyes:

DL4567
07-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks Derek!

Please understand, I had no vote in the hiring of the Doc & Marty actors. Koncept told me that they had contacted you for a quote, is this correct?

I know that I gave your contact info and Chris Preitt's contact info to Koncept and Koncept contacted Universal directly for info on the two actors that work for USF. I don't know how they came to making their decision. I'm sure it was based on the two actors being local and working for USF.

Better luck to you in the future.

Oh no worries at all! I didn't know when I first contacted you months ago, the level of "seriousness" of the gig, and honestly felt later that it was way over my head. My friend and I are not actors at all, not even thespian/drama people. We just have put a lot of effort into our costumes for collecting purposes and dressing up at events like DragonCon. So as soon as I saw there were actual actors being considered (not only that, the USF Doc and Marty actors -- doesn't get any better than that short of Chris Lloyd and MJF themselves) then I knew they were the ones for the job.

Koncept never asked me for a "quote" exactly, but there was one email they sent to both you and I asking for contracts, so I guess that may have been it. But that was after I wrote you saying if there are professionals available, you're much better off going with them. So I figured I was out by that point.

Anyway, I don't regret it at all, seeing now that it was an all day event. My friend and I would have been out of material after 10 minutes. :) Thanks again for the consideration though, and maybe we can do something together in the future.

Coulombe
07-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Just thought I'd list the vin # on our lastest conversion for those of you DeLorean fans keeping track of how many cars are converted over to the "Darkside". :yoda:

This Delorean Time Machine featured at Hard Rock Cafe' was made in Oct. 1981 and is vin#3185
The Delorean was a project car in sad shape. My team did a lot of mechanical and upholstery to this car. It is now dependable, in great mechanical shape and very road worthy. I have Danny Botkin to thank for all his great over the phone advice and guidance.

Now on to the next one! Sorry to all you stock DeLorean only lovers but, it's a living and puts food in my big ole belly!

maragni1985
07-23-2012, 05:03 AM
Just wanted to show off some photos of our lastest Delorean Time Machine 2015 Fusion Industries Series replica that was recently on display at Universal Orlando Resort Hard Rock Cafe' for a Back To The Future party on June 26, 2012. We had an awesome time, received some great press and Universal was awe stucked by the details in our Time Machine.

We also had Chris Prueitt and Rob Sims, professional actors for USF playing the roles of Doc Brown and Marty Mcfly. They were a big hit and kept the crowd entertained the whole day. Thank you USF, Chris & Rob we had a "GREAT" time! Hope everyone enjoys the photos. Thanks DMCTalk for letting me post these here.

11885 11886 11887 11888 11889 11890 11891 11892 11893 11894 11895 11896 11897 11898 11899 11900 11901 11902 11903 11904 11905 11906 11907 11908 11909 11910 11911 11914 11915 11916 11912 11913 11917WOW! Mr. Coulombe you are the man for this job. when I get a Delorean soon, I want only you and your Team to convert it. your work is outstanding.

mr2nut123
07-24-2012, 11:59 AM
WOW! Mr. Coulombe you are the man for this job. when I get a Delorean soon, I want only you and your Team to convert it. your work is outstanding.

You got that right!

I have always been a fan of the classics and love standard Deloreans just as they are, but when Bruce was kind enough to let me pop over to his workshop on our honeymoon to pick up my Flux Capacitor in person....the garage door was lifted and he surprised me with the most outstanding car that I have ever seen!

I have been to MANY car shows and driven MANY supercars, but these things just blow everything out of the water. I was just stood there like a child in a toy shop holding back the tears, I'm not afraid to admit it. It was hard to think of what to say it was that amazing. :worship:

We spoke for hours, and he and his wife are some of the most genuine and considerate people I have met. It was genuinely the holiday highlight for me (sssshhh, don't tell the Mrs :shhh:) and I have dreamt about owning one of these cars ever since that day.

If you're going to get a Time Machine, this is the man to do it. Not only is the worksmanship amazing, it's his personality, history, and passion for BTTF.

Top job mate, hope everything goes well in the 'future!' :cool: