PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Loose wiring where do they connect ?

MartyP
06-19-2011, 09:24 AM

Hi !

Picture #2 behind the driver seat, his little box s completely unplugged ? What is it for and I'm I supposed to connect these 4 wires somewhere ?

Picture #1 & 3 is for the diagnostic plug , I'm I supposed to reconnect it ?

Thanks !

Bitsyncmaster
06-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Photo #2 is your power antenna relay.

I removed my diagnostic plug. Just gets in the way.

82DMC12
06-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Just an FYI - the orange wire in the center of photo 1 that goes to the diagnostic plug is very handy when attaching a dwell meter to the car so you can check your CO setting. Go ahead and remove the diagnostic plug, but don't just rip out the orange wire. Put a male spade terminal on it, then cover it with an insulated female spade terminal so the metal stays clean and isn't exposed. Then when you need to use the dwell meter just reach back there, take the female spade off, and you have a handy place to read the duty cycle without messing around with the bulkhead connectors.

Andy

MartyP
06-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks ! But my power antenna does wok ! So why is the relay not plugged ? Do I need to plug it or change it if it's faulty ?

stevedmc
06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks ! But my power antenna does wok ! So why is the relay not plugged ? Do I need to plug it or change it if it's faulty ?

This relay is not plugged in because you have a new and not original power antenna. The new antennas have their own relays built in and do not need external relays. I have a new antenna and when I get around to it I am going to take out my old relay and put it in the trash.

nelshaun
01-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Maybe, the way to solve the problem is to get an original power antenna (http://www.drivewire.com/part/audio-video/power-antenna-mast/). You'll be able to get one from drivewire site.