PDA

View Full Version : General Oxygen sensor problem?

Some guy
07-16-2012, 02:13 PM
So i have been trying to get me D to pass smog. I have replace the cat and this got the emissions to pass on the low speed test. But on the high speed test the motor leans out and make high nox.( i think) I was going to try again by putting in a new oxygen sensor. Dose anyone know if the one from pepboys will work? I am running out of time on my temporary car permit and i have to try this. I was told on here not to mess with the timing, so this is my next idea.

http://www.pepboys.com/parts/fuel_emission_systems/sensors/00618/1982/VOLVO/260SeriesGLE,COUPE/0-V62849B28Series/

Thank you for the help.
This is when i wish i lived closer to garden grove!!

Dangermouse
07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Once again, you'll have more responses if you post in the "General Discussion" section, rather than the "Custom Mods" section.

Sorry, can't help you on the sensor. :(

Bitsyncmaster
07-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Most likely any of the narrow band O2 sensors (one wire) will work but you may have to cut the wires to attach it.

Some guy
07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Thank you.

TTait
07-17-2012, 01:41 AM
And consider trying Joes Smog Check on Burbank Blvd. just east of Vineland. He won't cheat it or anything but he's happy to try to work with you to get it right and nurse it through if needed. Tell him Tom sent you (he will figure that out pretty quick though).

Search online before you go for his coupon.