PDA

View Full Version : Wanted The continued search for my DeLorean

Roman Legion
06-19-2011, 09:01 PM
To continue the thread I started on the old forums, I am deploying by the end of this year and I am looking for a DeLorean to call my own upon my return. If you are selling a DeLorean or know someone selling a running DeLorean, Please post here or PM me. My price range is $15k - 20K

Thanks!

Renee_1632
06-19-2011, 09:57 PM
I thoroughly recommend autotrader.com. They have 22 DeLoreans for sale at time of posting, and the number grows each time I check (about once a month). I checked this site religiously overseas. I found mine on collectorcarads.com (they have none currently listed), but this is the site that I've found with the largest number posted. The prices currently range from 36,000 to just under 18k. With three exceptions, they're all under 60k miles and a few are sub 10k.

There's also ebay, but an online transaction like that is incredibly difficult to arrange while in Afdammitstan.

Roman Legion
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I thoroughly recommend autotrader.com. They have 22 DeLoreans for sale at time of posting, and the number grows each time I check (about once a month). I checked this site religiously overseas. I found mine on collectorcarads.com (they have none currently listed), but this is the site that I've found with the largest number posted. The prices currently range from 36,000 to just under 18k. With three exceptions, they're all under 60k miles and a few are sub 10k.

There's also ebay, but an online transaction like that is incredibly difficult to arrange while in Afdammitstan.

I am trying to look while I am in country and buy when I get back.. As nice as it would be to come home to my DeLorean sitting in my driveway, to this point everyone has been very unwilling to work out a deal to simply hold a car for me. If I have internet, you can bet I will be online checking out the one thing I have to look forward to. 18k sounds great, I just want it to run and do not mind putting time or some money into it as I go, which I expect to do even with a 20k D.

<EDIT> I found this one in Virginia for a good price..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=300751545&dealer_id=66330165&car_year=1981&doors=&systime=&position=top&model=&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=0&min_price=1&rdm=1308539546030&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=TRI-CITIES_TN-VA&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&address=24311&color=&sort_type=priceASC&max_price=20000&make=DELOREAN&num_records=25&seller_type=b&cardist=286&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

louielouie2000
06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
The DeLorean I found here in Austin recently is still for sale: early '81, dark wheels, gas flap, black interior, 5-speed, $16k. Car runs and drives, is complete, and in decent condition. Car definitely needs some TLC (especially in the electrics), but it's been a Texas car it's entire life, and the frame is spotless. It's a good base point for someone wanting a drivable resto. PM me for the seller's # & pics if you're interested.

wtbstuff
06-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey,

When we ( Mid-State DeLorean Club) were showing the cars at the St. Louis European car show I spoke that owner of this one http://tinyurl.com/3mhrddv

I believe he would take around 18k for it. If you call them ask for Jay.

Roman Legion
06-20-2011, 03:10 PM
The DeLorean I found here in Austin recently is still for sale: early '81, dark wheels, gas flap, black interior, 5-speed, $16k. Car runs and drives, is complete, and in decent condition. Car definitely needs some TLC (especially in the electrics), but it's been a Texas car it's entire life, and the frame is spotless. It's a good base point for someone wanting a drivable resto. PM me for the seller's # & pics if you're interested.

Hey,

When we ( Mid-State DeLorean Club) were showing the cars at the St. Louis European car show I spoke that owner of this one http://tinyurl.com/3mhrddv

My main term besides it running is I need the seller to hold the car until I get back in country, up to this point nobody has been able to meet this term, other than asking for several thousand upfront as a down payment(Which I currently do not have). I have no problem with waiting until I get back to seach, but I believe it is preferable to have one already on standby the second I am back state side.

Kukem
06-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Hey,

If it is consolation, I tried to get a hold of these people but nothing. Roman, Your best bet would be to borrow, buy and store then pay off when you get home. That seems to be a good way of doing it the way you want to and have it on standby for your return. Not ideal, but it's an option.

Roman Legion
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
If it is consolation, I tried to get a hold of these people but nothing. Roman, Your best bet would be to borrow, buy and store then pay off when you get home. That seems to be a good way of doing it the way you want to and have it on standby for your return. Not ideal, but it's an option.

If I cannot find someone to be so kind as to just hold the car, Plan B is to wait until I get back; I would like to have everything worked out way in advance, but this is not a perfect world by far..

dhaney
06-20-2011, 05:13 PM
There is a car located in Estes Park, Colorado. The owner has not been too agressive in trying to sell it and I have not seen it yet but according to his description it may just be what you are looking for.

I'd be happy to arrange a time check it out for anyone who may be interested.

Dan

Roman Legion
06-20-2011, 05:15 PM
There is a car located in Estes Park, Colorado. The owner has not been too agressive in trying to sell it and I have not seen it yet but according to his description it may just be what you are looking for.

I'd be happy to arrange a time check it out for anyone who may be interested.

Dan

That would be great, hope you can snap some pictures..

Mike Z
06-20-2011, 08:52 PM
I found this one in Virginia for a good price..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=300751545&dealer_id=66330165&car_year=1981&doors=&systime=&position=top&model=&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=0&min_price=1&rdm=1308539546030&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=TRI-CITIES_TN-VA&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&address=24311&color=&sort_type=priceASC&max_price=20000&make=DELOREAN&num_records=25&seller_type=b&cardist=286&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

I e-mailed the guy selling this car because it's about 20 minutes away from me. I decided not to go for it because I have a couple of important things to do before I'm ready to purchase one. He was very nice and willing to take more pictures if you ask him.

However, I'm pretty sure he's trying to get rid of it completely so I don't see him holding the car until you get back.

Mike

Roman Legion
06-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I have yet to get a response from that guy yet, but I will try; that is all I have..

SamHill
06-20-2011, 09:20 PM
The chesapeake D is also on C/L with some additional info.

Roman Legion
06-20-2011, 09:41 PM
The chesapeake D is also on C/L with some additional info.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't see it before..