PDA

View Full Version : Attn sedoc: free radiator!!

Soundkillr
07-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I'll offer this up for anyone before I trash it. My old radiator. It had a very VERY small leak at the neck of the upper hose fitting. Nothing else leaked. It came off a car with 35k miles. It has no rust and was in otherwise good shape. If you know me, you know, any leaks on my car and I just can't have it, so I replaced it with a new one. If you have a project car, or need one for measurements or whatever, come get this thing. I'm in braselton. Someone claim it before I trash it. Thanks, Ben

ccurzio
07-21-2012, 12:51 AM
How hard is it to repair that kind of leak?

You weren't at the first tech day I attended, but we discovered I have some kind of bizarro radiator in my car that leaks worse than what you've got there. If I could swap in one that doesn't suck, that'd be pretty awesome.

Soundkillr
07-21-2012, 09:47 AM
The end caps are plastic, I imagine if you could get a good bead of plastic weld around the neck collar that would do the trick. It only leaks when really hot....

ccurzio
07-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I'd be happy to take it off your hands, though I'm currently on the other side of the planet and my car is nestled in storage.

If you still have it in a month or so I'll be happy to give it a new home, but if you can unload it before I get back then feel free.

Thanks.

Ron
07-21-2012, 10:19 AM
It sounds like an easy repair...the thing is having the tool$. Forget the adhesive type "weld" repair kits! For ~$110 you can get a heat fusion type kit which uses a nylon rod to weld it shut...(a great option if you can get to it while installed). I'd offer to hook you up but by heating element finally burnt out the last time I used it.

Ben and I are working on getting together in the very near future, I can throw it lol in the shop somewhere to get it out of his way if you want....

Soundkillr
07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Sounds good to me, let me know when we can meet up. If anyone wants to come and get it, by all means, come on over