PDA

View Full Version : Reset the clock! Yet aother D sighting.

DL4567
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Excitement and a sigh at the same time.... These are getting more frequent. Maybe a little "too" frequent. :) Ah well, nah I'm not complaining.

Anyway, was going south on Peachtree Industrial yesterday morning and after crossing through the Suwanee Dam Rd intersection, saw this on the right parked between Waffle House and Tanner's Chicken.

I pulled a u-turn to come back and check it out, and strangely enough when I got behind the car and saw the license plate, realized that this is the EXACT one I saw on 85 in downtown Atlanta back in January 2005. (my first "in the wild" spotting after getting my own D) At the time I posted that sighting on the DML, and no on ever fessed up.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/message/48785

So here is that mystery car again! It has a black interior with automatic transmission. My best guess is that it's Vincent, someone who's had his car for a while, and lives in Suwanee. I met him only once at one of the tech sessions at Gainesville College around 2006-2008. He's pretty low-key among us, and isn't on any of the forums.

ramblinmike
07-24-2012, 04:13 PM
He's obviously getting his hash browns all the way!

Dangermouse
08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Derek,

I think that is a guy called John Jordan.

My car's PO described him as the SEDOC president when I got my car, which I don't think is correct. Based on the plate, it is a long time owner.

(you just know he was watching you from the 'House )

Soundkillr
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
John jordan is a great guy. Does he still own a delorean? He was involved in sedoc back in the day, but I think tom long was president back then, if I remember correctly

08-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Yep that would be John's car. He has a small TV on the center of the dash. Its been there forever. He was one of the SEDOC founding fathers.

vwdmc16
08-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Tv on the dash?

DL4567
08-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Derek,

I think that is a guy called John Jordan.

Yep that would be John's car. He has a small TV on the center of the dash.

Nice! :) The 7-year old (and 2-week old) mystery is solved! Yeah from what I've heard John Jordan started the official SEDOC name/club. I never met him so far in all these years. Wonder if he still owns that car, or if it's in the hands of someone else? (who left the TV on the dash) He hasn't been "active" with the DeLorean stuff in years, so I wasn't sure if he still had his car.

(you just know he was watching you from the 'House )

Hehe, yep! I was hoping the owner might come out and say hi when I was taking the pictures, but he probably figured I was just another gawker since I was in a normal car.

08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Tv on the dash?

He used to have a video camera shooting out the back. Why? I dont know.

DrJeff
08-20-2012, 08:38 PM
DeLorean spotted on Cinco Ranch Blvd in Katy TX (west of Houston) at a Tire Store on August 20, 2012. I've seen this car in the area driving past a few times but don't know the owner.

ccurzio
08-21-2012, 07:06 PM
DeLorean spotted on Cinco Ranch Blvd in Katy TX (west of Houston) at a Tire Store on August 20, 2012. I've seen this car in the area driving past a few times but don't know the owner.

Doesn't really belong in the SEDOC area. Nobody here will likely be able to help.