PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Delorean in Australia

cookie720
07-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi,
Two simple questions:
How much are they these days? (standard, stainless body, RHD, doesnt have to be mint condition)
How much do freight/shipping companies charge to send cars to Australia ?

P.S.
are the 'painted' (ive seen red ones on ebay) stainless bodies with paint or plastic/mild steel? Ive heard they have started to remanufacture the panels from scratch?

Thanks!

deloumis
07-24-2012, 10:37 PM
I think its pretty rare to fine a RHD model, but I'm not sure. You can find yourself one anywhere from 5k-35k depending on what condition your after. The painted cars are no different besides the fact of course that they are painted. The paint can be removed but there is no telling in the condition of the stainless underneath the paint.

Blackie
07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
There are two on Carsales.com right now. One of these is way overpriced though, has been on there for over a year. No need for Rhd these days in OZ

SIMid
07-24-2012, 11:16 PM
There's one owner on ozdelorean.com forum is selling his for $25K, but needs some work done. Check out the forum there as well.

What's your budget Cookie?

cookie720
07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
There's one owner on ozdelorean.com forum is selling his for $25K, but needs some work done. Check out the forum there as well.

What's your budget Cookie?

Well I have just started working full time haha, I really hope I will be able to afford a cheap one one day
Do you guys reckon 2-4 years from now cheap ones will still be available?

PS I MEANT 'LHD'!!!!!!!! RHD are pointless!

SIMid
07-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Well I have just started working full time haha, I really hope I will be able to afford a cheap one one day
Do you guys reckon 2-4 years from now cheap ones will still be available?

PS I MEANT 'LHD'!!!!!!!! RHD are pointless!

My flux capacitor is broken so i cant tell if there will be cheap Deloreans. My advice is to save as much as possible and spend as much as you can to get the best one for yr money.

Rd94404
10-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi,
Two simple questions:
How much are they these days? (standard, stainless body, RHD, doesnt have to be mint condition)
How much do freight/shipping companies charge to send cars to Australia ?

P.S.
are the 'painted' (ive seen red ones on ebay) stainless bodies with paint or plastic/mild steel? Ive heard they have started to remanufacture the panels from scratch?

Thanks!

Hello, one here in California for $ 10,000.- need engine work and a details.
reply to : [email protected]
merci

RIUM+
10-21-2012, 12:33 AM
There's comparatively few cars already in Australia and one comes up for sale every few months, so don't expect a large choice. You can import one yourself though (most Aussies do this).

You get what you pay for with a DeLorean, don't expect to save by buying a broken-down one & repairing it yourself, especially given you'll have to spend many hours hunting for local crossover parts or pay to ship them from the US.

Expect to pay around $5k for shipping/import duties/taxes/etc. Prices vary, but a good rule of thumb is you can expect to pay around $25-30k all-up to get the car, get it here, get it running well enough to pass an inspection, and get it on the road.

(Don't ask how much mine cost... I had very specific requirements that added tens of thousands to the total cost :dead: )