PDA

View Full Version : DMC Routine Maintenance Excel Spreadsheet reminder file

Jonathan
07-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I had put this together to keep track of what I had done on my car, when, who did it, parts or tools needed, recommended frequency, and the due date (and whether it was overdue or not based on colour coded conditional formatting). I thought I would share it here.

I used some rules of thumb on some of the frequencies as well as what is in the owner's manual. Let me know your feedback. I think Dave T would definitely have some suggestions on what some of these frequencies should be and quite likely a few items I completely missed.

I can track the suggestions and update the sheet with the corrections. Then after a few revisions, perhaps it will be useable by the group.

NOTE: The forum doesn't allow .xlsx files to be attached, so I zipped it and added the .zip file. Let me know if that works!

Domi
07-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Great job, works fine to me :)

Ron
07-28-2012, 03:37 PM
:thumbup2: works for me.

My only suggestion would be to go by miles with some things (and you can't lube an angle drive too much...;-)

DMCMW Dave
07-28-2012, 04:31 PM
: (and you can't lube an angle drive too much...;-)

Actually you can.

Ron
07-28-2012, 04:36 PM
You are right...I should have said "too often" (don't want to make a hydraulic pump out of it lol)...or are you thinking something else???

DMCMW Dave
07-28-2012, 04:54 PM
You are right...I should have said "too often" (don't want to make a hydraulic pump out of it lol)...or are you thinking something else???

Well - a long time ago I blew the back off of one. . . (OEM apparently not staked very tightly). Also overdoing it will sometimes lock them up.

dvonk
07-28-2012, 07:50 PM
nice spreadsheet, its pretty slick! im a very organized person (i.e., anal & OCD :lol:), and i love keeping track of things like this in Excel. i like the color-coded linked dates.

good job! :thumbup:

Jonathan
07-29-2012, 12:06 PM
My only suggestion would be to go by miles with some things (and you can't lube an angle drive too much...;-)

I'll see about factoring that in Ron. I think I originally went with dates because it calculates out better to get the overdue conditional formatting to work. I may add a "how many miles do you drive each year" entry and then between that and the time based one, I could try to use both. Like some things could be per miles, but could be trumped by time (like change the oil every 3,000 miles or at least once per year).

Glad you liked it Dvonk! Sounds like we're on the same page with the keeping things in spreadsheets :)