PDA

View Full Version : Engine Valve Adjustment Time?

dmcerm
06-20-2011, 04:30 PM
How long does the 'official DMC repair manual' say it takes to do a valve adjustment?
When I scheduled my car to have that done my mechanic wanted a general idea of the time it would take, and of course, I didn't know.

And along with new valve cover gaskets, is a new Lamba/o2 sensor necessary after they are adjusted?

Thanks a lot everybody!

Mark

Michael
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
I believe the cards that was mailed out from the DMC vendors stated every 30k. The reason it sticks out was it suprised me that it wasn't sooner. I was expecting every 15k. I could be wrong, but that's the way I remember it.

dmcerm
06-20-2011, 10:46 PM
No, I mean how much can I expect the job to take when it's being worked on?
Thanks!

Mark

David T
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
If you are really good and know what you are doing 2 hours, less experienced and it could be done in 4 hours. Does not include replacing the O2 sensor which, if it is stubborn, can take a lot of time.
David Teitelbaum

DeloreanJoshQ
06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
It took me and Michael W (DMC1983) on my first try after rebuilding the engine 4 hours...we took our time though. Valve cover gaskets had to be replaced even though they had just been put on a month before. The passenger side valve cover is easy due to less things to remove to take it off, the driverside of course requires more removal of accessories to get to. Also, I took a bunch of breaks because a valve job can be a pain in the back when working on a Delorean....

DMC1983
06-21-2011, 07:51 PM
It took me on my first try after rebuilding the engine 4 hours...I took my time though. Valve cover gaskets had to be replaced even though they had just been put on a month before. The passenger side valve cover is easy due to less things to remove to take it off, the driverside of course requires more removal of accessories to get to. Also, I took a bunch of breaks because a valve job can be a pain in the back when working on a Delorean....

+1

DeloreanJoshQ
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
It took me and Michael W (DMC1983) on my first try after rebuilding the engine 4 hours...we took our time though. Valve cover gaskets had to be replaced even though they had just been put on a month before. The passenger side valve cover is easy due to less things to remove to take it off, the driverside of course requires more removal of accessories to get to. Also, I took a bunch of breaks because a valve job can be a pain in the back when working on a Delorean....

Thanks for the help Michael!! You ready to help me do a performance exhaust upgrade next?