PDA

View Full Version : Rogue DeLorean Spotted

pezzonovante88
08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Today, my dad came home after stopping off at a family friend's house in the subdivision right by my house. He told me there was a DeLorean parked next-door to our friend's house. So, I hopped in my D and drove over. As I was turning onto their street, the rogue DeLorean was approaching the stop sign. I pulled up beside them going the opposite direction and had a very brief chat. There was a woman who looked to be in her mid-thirties driving who said it was her father's car, pointing to her somewhat elderly father in the passenger seat. I quickly asked if he was in the DeLorean Club and he shook his head 'no' and he sort of politely waved like he wanted to get going. I'm not sure he spoke English. The daughter was very excited, but he didn't really seem to be. Unfortunately the stop was very brief so I did not get a good look at the car at all, but the plate was "GTO C" (mounted in the front on the driver's side) and I noticed it had Goodyear rear tires. Obviously, I did not get the VIN. Does anyone know who this could possibly be? I'm going to ask our friend to speak to her neighbor and find out who this guy is.
When my dad told me he saw another DeLorean, I was so excited, as if I didn't even own mine and I had to speed over there in hopes of catching a glimpse of a DeLorean! So awesome.

Kenny_Z
08-07-2012, 07:34 AM
See, you left out a huge and very important part of that story. Was she hot? :evilgrin:

That's awesome you got to see another one in the wild while in your D. And yeah, it doesn't matter that I have Red. I get excited to see another Delorean and get to talk to an owner to compare quirks.

Jonathan
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
That sounds like it could be the mystery car from Cambridge. I recall hearing about it and that it had an old Italian owner. I never saw it but got to talk to people familiar with it at the A&W cruise night on Hespeler a couple seasons ago. Not sure if this was in Oakville when you saw it, but that one in Cambridge is the closest one to you where the description matches. I would ask Mike B. about it as he is the keeper of the member list (and on that list are some cars not in the club, but just kept on the list for sake of keeping the stats somewhere).

pezzonovante88
08-08-2012, 09:26 PM
That sounds like it could be the mystery car from Cambridge. I recall hearing about it and that it had an old Italian owner. I never saw it but got to talk to people familiar with it at the A&W cruise night on Hespeler a couple seasons ago. Not sure if this was in Oakville when you saw it, but that one in Cambridge is the closest one to you where the description matches. I would ask Mike B. about it as he is the keeper of the member list (and on that list are some cars not in the club, but just kept on the list for sake of keeping the stats somewhere).

Hmm, could well have been the same car. They did look Italian, too. I will talk to Mike B. soon enough and see what he comes up with.

sdg3205
08-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Did the front grill have the "Dmc" missing?!

pezzonovante88
08-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Did the front grill have the "Dmc" missing?!

I don't think so?

08-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Where exactly did you spot the car. No street address... just the neighbourhood.

There is a rogue Ontario Delorean in Mississauga owned by an older Italian gentleman who has no internet awareness.

pezzonovante88
08-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Where exactly did you spot the car. No street address... just the neighbourhood.

There is a rogue Ontario Delorean in Mississauga owned by an older Italian gentleman who has no internet awareness.

It was in west Oakville turing onto to Great Lakes Blvd near Rebecca. I think that might be the guy as he fits the description.