PDA

View Full Version : Email notifications

OverlandMan
08-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Email notifications are no longer coming to me. I checked all the settings I could think of on the forum with no success. Anyone else having this problem?

I don't have anything on my end that is blocking the emails. Up until 2 or 3 days ago everything was working fine.

ccurzio
08-07-2012, 12:02 PM
This is the second time I've heard of this problem happening. I'll get with the guys and have a look.

OverlandMan
08-07-2012, 01:41 PM
This is the second time I've heard of this problem happening. I'll get with the guys and have a look.

10-4. I've been PM-ing with Ron about it as well. So far its still not working. Strange.

OverlandMan
08-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Ron - I tried PM-ing you back but I'm getting a strange message saying "Ron has exceeded his stored message limit.... etc." or similar.

Essentially what I've figured out is that something is taking a dump between the forum and verizon.net. When I change to an alternative yahoo.com email, notifications are received and all is well. When I change back to my verizon.net email, I don't even receive the confirmation of email change containing the validation URL.

Any other complaints from verizon.net email users or am I the only (active) one?

:dunno:

Ron
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
LOL...My notifications work..
I'm swamped with PMs from my parts wanted thread...

I went from thinking we had it figured out to wondering why you were browsing around and not answering...lol

Anyway, clear cookies and all that...then see if it is breaks on both machines if you haven't...and pm me...

(Make sure you check the "remember me" box first go...)

OverlandMan
08-07-2012, 04:23 PM
LOL...My notifications work..
I'm swamped with PMs from my parts wanted thread...
I went from thinking we had it figured out to wondering why you were browsing around and not answering...lol

Anyway, clear cookies and all that...then see if it is breaks on both machines if you haven't...and pm me...

Looks like the PM went through that time. I should have done a screen-cap when that weird error message appeared. Oh well.

OverlandMan
08-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I let things percolate for a a couple of days. Tonight I changed my email address for the forum back over to my Verizon.net address. Boom, now everything is working like it was. No clue what the problem was but glad all is working again. Thanks for everyone's assistance (Ron, Tamir, & Accipiter).