PDA

View Full Version : For Sale BTTF DeLorean R/C Car

DavidProehl
08-13-2012, 07:48 PM
I've received interest based on responses to my previous thread (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?4676-R-C-BTTF-DeLorean-Is-There-Interest) so I will be building these out. I'm ordering parts for the first build out at the end of the month, with a completed product a shipping date of the end of October. I can do BTTF part 1, 2, or 3 cars.

Here is the pitch one more time:
Not many official remote controlled DeLorean cars were ever made, and of the few that were they were "toy grade" cars. That is, they were poorly built, sluggish, and small. This car fixes all of those issues. My remote controlled DeLorean is built using the 1/15 scale (14 inches long) Diamond Select time machine body and features a hobby grade R/C chassis capable of speeds up to 15 mph. This is not your typical toy grade R/C car.
Plus, since this is built on a hobby grade R/C chassis, if you drive the car a lot and wear out any parts you will be able to buy replacement parts from a number of vendors online. Try to do that with one of the toy grade time machine cars!

Features:

Diamond Select 1/15 scale DeLorean Time Machine

Lights and Sound Effects with Remote Triggering

Carisma M14 hobby grade R/C car chassis

Carisma Transmitter w/ 8 AA Batteries

7.2 V Battery Pack

Charger

Price: $350, free shipping to the USA

PM me if interested.

Car will come preassembled and ready to run directly out of the box. Just charge the battery and drive!
Please Note: Due to the need to source some of these parts globally and the fact that these are made to order there will be an 8-12 week lead time from when the order is placed to when it will be shipped. Unfortunately due to materials costs I am unable to carry an inventory of these cars.

I'm sure most here on DMCTalk are technical enough to be able to build this out themselves if they wanted to. I'm selling my time to build it, not the idea. If you want to build it yourself and need pointers I'm happy to help with that for free.

Video in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iJZCu78LVk

dmcerik
08-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Very cool.