PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Tech session (Lexington/Triad area)-October 13th, 2012 (Saturday)

Iznodmad
08-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, it is that time again. As some of you will recall, I like to hold tech sessions twice a year. I did not have one this past spring for various reasons, but now I am ready to have one this fall. I have picked the date of October 13th for the tech session. Historically, it has been held at my house with a start time of around noon. If enough interest is shown, I can "rent" a local tire shop and have full use of car lifts and can even get the owner to do some tire work if anyone needs it (new tires, balancing, etc.). So, now it is time to guage interest. Please post if you can make it for sure (with or without a DMC), or if you are a maybe, and any guests you may bring with you. Please also post with any projects you have that we could work on, especially if you want tires. As usual, I will provide food and beverage at no charge. There is no official end time either.

Chris Burns
08-27-2012, 03:17 PM
You the man Darren!

:raveon:

Delorean Industries
08-27-2012, 04:05 PM
DPI can attend if you want Darren!

Kevin
08-27-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm down with that! I currently have no projects in mind, I'm in the middle of finishing up a few right now, but I'll post if something comes up.

Also, having DPI there would be awesome! Especially if there is stainless repair involved, then I have a project. :)

Delorean Industries
08-27-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm down with that! I currently have no projects in mind, I'm in the middle of finishing up a few right now, but I'll post if something comes up.

Also, having DPI there would be awesome! Especially if there is stainless repair involved, then I have a project. :)

What do you need repaired!? If you can send pictures that would be great! [email protected]

Rad Dad
08-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I have had the luxury of attending more than one tech session with Josh. Amazing what gets accomplished. I am no longer in the Rocky Mountains . . .I am now living in Hendersonville, NC. As of yesterday, I drove my DeLorean back from Steamboat Springs, CO. . . . . .1633 miles in 2.5 days! Count me in for whatever is planned. I am looking forward to meeting NC DeLorean owners!

Dick Ryan (The Rad Dad)

About me: A really old fart. Bought first D new in 1982 just before JZD got busted. Traded it in (70,000+miles later) to Rob Grady for 16867 in 1997. Still have 16867 which is an '83' with twin turbo's. Now have over 140,000 on it. Have driven a D on 42 states and 3 Canadian provinces. I am not very mechanically inclined . . .but that has not stopped me from truly enjoying my D.

About the car: A Consolidated car with one previous owner. Traded my first D for it because I moved from L.A. to the mountains of CO and its' auto just didn't cut the mountain passes. (My old D is now Dave Delman's non-electric D.) I'm not a purist ; have chromed wheels, upgraded sound system, some engine bling . . . . .but, then, I may be old . . .but not dead.

Please keep me posted!

Iznodmad
08-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Wow, this is coming along nicely. Kevin, it will be great to have you again, hopefully this time with your car! Josh, I am sure everyone would be grateful if you could make the trip here for a gathering. I talked with a local owner today with multiple issues that could use your help. Dick, great to hear you are a NC resident now. I think we met about a decade ago at one of those Houston open house events. I know a couple of owners up in that general Asheville area. It is a couple hours drive from that area, easy drive.

Rad Dad
08-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Hope to hear from some NC D owners before the tech session. I have friends in Asheville and it is a very short drive from Hendersonville. I will be attending the Western North Carolina British Car Club gathering in Hendersonville on Sept 19th. I'm looking forward to an active involvement in anything DeLorean.

SS Spoiler
08-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Dick! Your still around! Good to hear the car is still rolling. We had some great trips together. Kate and I have moved up to Kalispell, MT. If your ever in the area, stop in. Paul Cerny

[P.S.] Be sure to ask Dick about his impossible bike trips!]

DMCBRANDON5873
08-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Like i said on facebook as of now count me in!

todd1561
08-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey I'm down, these events are always fun, looking forward to meeting the new people. I don't have any planned work for my car, but I'm always down for helping others out with their projects.

I've sent an email to Jim Edward's who's also in Raleigh to see if he can make it. He owns two DeLorean's that are close to running shape. I've offered to help him get one finally on the road so he can make the trip so we'll see.

Todd

Chris Burns
08-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Crap! I wish you guys were closer to me so I can learn more about these cars:frown:

Sounds like a great Stainless Party!!:thumbup2:

stevedmc
08-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Will DeloSTM be attending?

Mike C.
08-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Count me in. Would be nice to meet some different D owners.

Rad Dad
08-29-2012, 10:08 AM
After 30 years of DeLorean ownership, I concluded that almost all DeLorean owners are different . . . . .

Iznodmad
08-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Confirmed:
Me(+2 D)
Kevin(+1D)
Dick(+1D)
Brandon(+1D)-brake booster, radiator leak
Todd(+1D)
Tom(+1D)-not on DMCTalk-has fuel system issues
Bill L(+1D)-not on DMCTalk
Mike(no D)

TDB:
Steve Miller(+1D)
Walter F(+1D)
Worth M(+1D)-not on DMCTalk
Jim E(maybe +1D)

Official Vendor attending:
Josh Bengston-DeLorean Performance Industries(not completely confirmed)-perhaps he can bring any parts people may want and do general inspections and work that time allows. I haven't worked out any details yet. Stainless work with Kevin pending pics?

I have also confirmed the use of the tire shop/lifts for at least 3 hours, so we will make sure we use those first and can finish up anything we don't need the lifts for at my house. I am excited at the over-whelming response to the meet thus far! Keep em coming!

Kevin
08-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Stainless work with Kevin pending pics?

I've been emailing with Josh, I'll likely end up sending my quarter panel to him or sending my car up for more extensive work I need done.

I am excited at the over-whelming response to the meet thus far! Keep em coming!

Seriously, that's alotta Ds!

dmc6960
08-29-2012, 12:05 PM
I gotta get in on one of these. Perhaps next year. DMCMW open house in the spring, and your tech session in the fall. We'll see....

steve6864
08-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Darren,got your message off my cell and will be attending.Rad dad the show in Hville is Sept. 22nd at Jackson park.Darren you register yet?Rad Dad,come to a meeting at the J&S cafeteria by the airport,Tuesday 7pm.Sept.4th. See at least 2 Deloreans there.Darren,I will try to get Alvan to bring his on the 13th.By the time of the show I should have my powdered coated wheels done and I might need 2 tires by the 13th.Can your guy get Googrich T/A radials?215/60/14?White letter.Might not have a lot to do to mine other than tires.Steve6864.

Iznodmad
09-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Got a price on those tires, Steve. $256.65, and that's out the door, mounted and balanced. If you need rears, let me know those sizes. My tire guy also uses inside wheels weights, so it won't mess up your freshly refinished wheels.

Mike C.
09-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Seriously, that's alotta Ds!

With temps getting nice, starting to wish mine was still around. Oh well, priorities gonna prioritize...

Iznodmad
09-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Confirmed:
Me(+2 D)-probable SPEC I upgrade on #5000 since I love it so much on #16128, working out details.
Kevin(+1D)-Stage II
Dick(+1D)-no projects, original owner, twin turbo
Brandon(+1D)-brake booster, radiator leak, coolant temp gauge inop
Todd(+1D)-no projects
Tom(+1D)-not on DMCTalk-has fuel system issues, unknown condition of fuel tank area
Bill L(+1D)-not on DMCTalk, original owner, single turbo
Mike(no D)-admin DMCTalk, former owner.
Steve Miller(+1D)-front tires mount/balance
Josh Bengston of DeLorean Performance Industries

TDB:
Walter F(+1D)-Stage II-very likely as he will be in town on fall break
Worth M(+1D)-not on DMCTalk, 1100 mile car
Jim E(maybe +1D)-carb-may caravan with Todd from Raleigh/Durham area
Alvan(+1D)-recently purchased D-Asheville area

I have now confirmed the attendance of Josh Bengston of DeLorean Performance Industries. He will have a few surprises for you all in the form of new products he is offering, kinda like a show and tell. He is also willing to bring any parts you would like to purchase with him to the meet, this means you save money on shipping charges! If you want to buy something from DPI, please add it to this thread and then contact Josh directly so he can plan accordingly. This is a great opportunity to have a vendor attend a tech meet/gathering, and it doesn't happen very often. If you have been on the fence on attending, perhaps this announcement will make you confirm. We are going to have a great time! There will be one other "surprise/secret" that Josh and I will show you and talk about, but I can't tell you all what it is at this time though.

Also, don't forget I will provide a meal for us all to enjoy in the form of Lexington style BBQ! I realize both Dick and Mike have no idea where the meet is, I will be sending address/directions/phone numbers by PM as we get closer to the meet. However, Dick may caravan with Steve/Alvan from the Asheville area. Everyone else on the confirmed list has attended before. So, who else is interested???

Delorean Industries
09-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Can't wait for this. I mentioned this to a few other owners in GA that I deal with as well today. I will continue to let everyone know and encourage posting attendance here or via contacting myself or Darren.

Michael Babb
09-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey guys - long time, no talk. I may see if I can come for this - could possibly caravan with the Raleigh folks as I am in Garner. Would be good to see everyone again (and check out my old car with it's fancy new updates). Will let everyone know for sure as we get closer. :)

Michael Babb

Kevin
09-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey guys - long time, no talk. I may see if I can come for this - could possibly caravan with the Raleigh folks as I am in Garner. Would be good to see everyone again (and check out my old car with it's fancy new updates). Will let everyone know for sure as we get closer. :)

Michael Babb

It'd be great to have you out! Yes, 3472 keeps getting more awesome, hope you're able to come out and see everything.

Delorean Industries
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
If anyone needs a larger item it is no longer an issue. I will be bringing the enclosed rig and truck as well on the trip. I have a car on the way down to deliver but nothing on the way back as of yet.

stevedmc
09-10-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm very tempted to go but no one has invited me.

Delorean Industries
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm very tempted to go but no one has invited me.

Steve, Would you like to come to the tech meet?

DMCBRANDON5873
09-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Steve you better be there!

stevedmc
09-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Steve, Would you like to come to the tech meet?

My carburetor is currently on loan to a guy in Baton Rouge. Providing that I get my fuel system back in the next 2 weeks I'll plan to attend.

09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Darren, Thats the same day as that wedding I told you about. Since I"m not a participant, It shouldn't be a problem getting out of it.

thirdmanj
09-13-2012, 08:54 PM
I think I'm gonna try and make this. Anyone want to let me crash on their couch?

Delorean Industries
09-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Please let me know asap on anything anyone wants me to bring down. I want to have everything planned by next week at the latest. Also please summit all work lists as well so that we can plan accordingly.

thirdmanj
09-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Please let me know asap on anything anyone wants me to bring down. I want to have everything planned by next week at the latest. Also please summit all work lists as well so that we can plan accordingly.

I'd like to do a brake job/adjust the e-brake and take a look at my front wheel bearings.

Kevin
09-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Don't think I need any parts as of now.

As for special work, I'd like an AC system diagnosis if you have time, it hasn't been blowing cold.

For others, I'll be bringing as many tools as I can, plus ramps and jack stands and a few spare parts.

Iznodmad
09-14-2012, 01:09 PM
I'll be updating the list of confirmed guests over the weekend. Now here is the best part.....you get to meet three of the "stars" of the "Flux Capacity" episode of "Shipping Wars". That would be me, Josh, and #16128. I am also trying to get "The Rookie"/Jarrett to make an appearance at the tech session. This won't be easy if he is out of town filming, but if he is in town then it is possible. This is still to be determined, but I wanted to mention it at least.

TripleZeroFilms
09-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I just saw this thread and I'd love to attend! I currently live in GA but am in the process of moving to Winston-Salem. My car was bought in Feb. of this year and is at our property in NC. As it happens I have time scheduled off to come up the previous Saturday and stay through the 14th, so I was excited to see that this falls right in my window! The main purpose of my trip was to continue work on my car and try do as much as I could before returning home. Since the car was bought as a project, there is plenty to do. I was looking at tackling replacing the idle control motor as well as (maybe) reupholstering the seats/headliners and reinstalling my side bolster and tightening my driver side arm rest. I also know I need two new front tires as well as a good alignment. There are a whole host of other things that need doing as well, but these are some of the more prominent ones I mean to get to. (Though, truthfully, I don't know how many I'll be able to address this upcoming week)

The primary thing that perked me up was this though: I own a painted D (red) which I plan on taking back to stainless when I can get around to it, but it also happens to have about 4 dents in the two back quarter panels. If Kevin or Josh or anyone else around might be able to help me with those I'd faint. None of them are all that deep but I'm not sure how difficult they would be to repair (especially through paint!) Tips on removing said paint would also be welcomed.

So, in short, COUNT ME IN! Sounds like it will be both REALLY fun and educational!

But I will need directions ect :tongue:

Chris

Iznodmad
09-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Confirmed:
Me-2D
Kevin-1D
Dick-1D
Brandon-1D
Todd-1D
Tom-1D
Bill L-1D
Mike
Steve Miller-1D-I need your status on those tires, they have not been ordered yet.
DPI Josh
7008 Trevor-1D-need status on tires! Got the fronts ordered already as per PM.
James(thirdmanj)-1D-regarding your request for a couch (pull out sofa) to crash on, I can meet that request. I'm warning you in advance that I have 2 small kids and a cat. I can provide you with information about local lodging if you prefer that (Holiday Inn about 5 mins from my house).
Chris(TripleZeroFilms)-1D

Maybe TBD:
Walter F-1D
Worth M-1D
Jim E-??
Alvan-1D
Mike Babb
Steve Rice-1D

Again I encourage everyone to please let DPI Josh know if you want him to bring parts with him to the meet, I have already set up my parts purchase and work to be completed with him. We are going to have a lot of people and cars present and he needs to plan ahead accordingly to bring parts, tools, and schedule time with each owner. Thanks again everyone! I'll provide directions, numbers, and addresses at a later date to those who need it.

stevedmc
09-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Steve Rice submitted his request for time off from work for this trip and it looks like it will be approved. Its a 13 hour drive so Steve Rice will be taking off work Thursday/Friday before and Monday/Tuesday after. He plans to take his time and enjoy the trip. This should be a nice little road trip for Steve Rice to enjoy his Motorcraft 2100 carburetor.

Iznodmad
09-18-2012, 08:01 PM
So should I also put a (+1D) next to Mike Babb now?

Michael Babb
09-18-2012, 08:37 PM
So should I also put a (+1D) next to Mike Babb now?

How about (+1W, +1D?)

+ one wife, and maybe a DeLorean if it makes it to this side of the country in time. ;)

Dangermouse
09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Steve Rice submitted his request for time off from work for this trip and it looks like it will be approved. Its a 13 hour drive so Steve Rice will be taking off work Thursday/Friday before and Monday/Tuesday after. He plans to take his time and enjoy the trip. This should be a nice little road trip for Steve Rice to enjoy his Motorcraft 2100 carburetor.

I would like to wish Steve Rice a good trip in Steve Rice's DeLorean. I hope Steve Rice enjoys his journey and that Steve Rice returns home safe and sound.

Iznodmad
09-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Confirmed:
Me-2D
Kevin-1D
Dick-1D
Brandon-1D
Todd-1D
Tom-1D
Bill L-1D
Mike
Steve Miller-1D
DPI Josh
Trevor-1D(your tires have been ordered)
James(thirdmanj)-1D
Mike Babb+Wife-maybe 1D
Steve Rice-1D
Don-1D

Maybe/TBD:
Walter F-1D
Worth M-1D
Jim E-??

Don is the most recent addition. He is having trouble with a seal at the transmission shaft or something? I wasn't sure what he was talking about but I did ask him to contact Josh directly concerning parts needed to fix this issue.

I also want to add (not sure that I did before) that I need some help replacing my power mast antenna on #16128. I have the part, just need help from someone who has done it before. I have also been watching this intermittent angle drive (dust cap) issue. On some mornings for the first five minutes of driving I will have a bouncing speedo needle and then all is normal for the rest of the day. The dust cap has always been loose and I presume after driving some the heat will help it to stay better in place, thus bouncing stops. I am fairly certain it is just a faulty dust cap, so when you read this Josh how about bringing an angle drive dust cap with you.

I couldn't help but notice the SEDOC group is planning a tech day on the exact same day as mine. I encourage you guys to join our meet instead, it would be great to have you! It is not too late for anyone to join, just add your name to the thread and what you would like help with and we'll add it to the list. Thanks!

stevedmc
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM
I couldn't help but notice the SEDOC group is planning a tech day on the exact same day as mine. I encourage you guys to join our meet instead, it would be great to have you!

Steve Rice noticed the same thing. It is sort of ironic because Steve will be driving through Atlanta on his way to Lexington, NC.

Ron
09-24-2012, 04:39 PM
It is sort of ironic because Steve will be driving through Atlanta on his way to Lexington, NC.Steve who???

stevedmc
09-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Steve who???

Steve Rice

Dangermouse
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Steve who???

:)

Iznodmad
09-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Hey folks, just a friendly reminder that we are roughly two weeks away from the main event. I haven't forgot about those that need addresses and directions, I will get to that. I have been looking over the past few pages and trying to figure out who needs what.

James-Brake job, adjust E brake, Front wheel bearings

Kevin- A/C diagnosis

Chris- idle speed motor, interior work (seats/headliner/side bolster), front tires and alignment

Brandon-Do you have your parts and what do you want fixed!

Steve Miller-tires or not? They have not been ordered yet.

If I left you out, it's probably b/c you have been taken care of. For example, Trevor has his tires on order, so I didn't list that.

PLEASE, if you have not done so and you wish to order parts from Josh, you have to do so immediately. The window is getting slim to allow him enough time to make sure he has what you need. Also, if you wish to have Josh do something specific to your car, you have to request it here and NOW. I don't want anyone getting upset b/c they didn't get time with him to look over or fix your car. I'm not trying to be mean or hateful, it is just getting down to crunch time and I want all of this squared away without someone crying in a corner.

Thanks and looking forward to it!

DMCBRANDON5873
09-27-2012, 04:20 PM
The only thing i can really spend money on now since im not working is that mode switch for the AC, I guess thats what i might need to get the air blowing back out of the two front vents again? Theres plenty things my car needs done but i dont have money to throw at it as of now lol

Chris Burns
09-27-2012, 04:24 PM
How is your brake booster holding up Brandon?

DMCBRANDON5873
09-27-2012, 04:26 PM
It been needing to be replaced once i start working again ill buy one

TripleZeroFilms
09-27-2012, 09:11 PM
This is an update to my "work list":

1. I've decided that won't be replacing the headliner/bolster just yet, but a look-over and some advice on the job would still be absolutely welcome!
2. The re-covering of the seats and the idle motor are two jobs I'm going to try to tackle (emphasis on try) in the week leading up to the meet, but should that not happen they are still on. (I have the parts for these jobs on hand)
3. The front tires/alignment are still needed.
4. And someone to look at/advise on/fix (optimistic) some dents on my body. (I know the possibility of this was mentioned at one point, but I'm not sure what ever became of that)

Hope this updated list helps & looking forward to the meet!

P.S. - I'll be bringing my Dad along with me to the event if you need to add him to the guest list.

Iznodmad
09-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Chris, what brand tire would you like to have for the fronts? Do you want stock sizes or would you like a specific size. Let me know ASAP so I can advise you on availability and price for your tires, mounting, balance, and alignment. Thanks.

TripleZeroFilms
09-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Chris, what brand tire would you like to have for the fronts? Do you want stock sizes or would you like a specific size. Let me know ASAP so I can advise you on availability and price for your tires, mounting, balance, and alignment. Thanks.

P195 60R-14 Goodyear eagle tires are the ones I'm looking at. I believe those are the stock size, am I correct? I'd love to get a general idea on the price we are looking at for comparisons sake.

Iznodmad
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Correct on the stock sizes. However, there are currently no Goodyears available in that size. I found a Kelly Charger (made by GY) in stock sizes for the front only. Both of the fronts OTD price is $178.42. Let me know what you want to do.

TripleZeroFilms
09-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Sorry about the goodyear mix up, I was actually thinking about my back tires (since they are goodyear eagles).

My current fronts are Dunlop tires in spec sizes (also made by GY) and I was wondering that the price difference might be for those as opposed to the Kellys (I know they'll be more expensive but more of a hard figure). Also, in you opinion, which tires would be a better fit for the car? I don't mind spending the money for better results but I don't just want spend money for the sake of it. I'm always welcome to the opinion of those who know more than me!

P.S. Did the Kelly quote involve any of the balancing/alignment? What sort of price are we looking at with those (either separate or both)?

Iznodmad
09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry, no Dunlops available either. I can give you one more option, Falken tires. You can get the fronts now, and eventually when you need the rears, you can get them in 225 width in the rear and have a matching set. The stock rear is 235 BTW. They should be similar in price, and i can get you prices later. When I gave you the price above, OTD means "out the door". Therefore, that is mounted and balanced and taxes. My tire man does not charge "extra" for M&B. That does not include an alignment, that would be extra, but I can get you a price for that as well.

TripleZeroFilms
09-29-2012, 03:52 PM
No, I think I'd rather stick with the Kelly tires. They should do fine as Dunlop replacements (and keep in in the GM family). I would be interested in knowing what an alignment would run me though as if the new tires/balancing don't fix my issue I'd certainly need one.

Iznodmad
10-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Ok, I have the Kelly Charger front tires on order. Alignment will be $40.

Iznodmad
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Confirmed:
Me-2D
Kevin-1D
Dick-1D
Brandon-1D
Todd-1D
Tom-1D
Bill L-1D
Mike
Steve Miller-1D
DPI Josh
James(thirdmanj)-1D
Mike Babb+Wife-likely 1D
Steve Rice-1D
Don-1D
Marcello(keepitsimple)

Maybe/TBD:
Walter F-1D
Worth M-1D
Jim E-??
Brian H-former owner

Just got a recent addition last night from Georgia, Marcello. He tells me he has purchased a project D, but it is not ready for the drive at this time. There is still lots to learn and he can get some ideas from all of us on how he wishes to proceed with his project. I also spoke with a former owner that lives in SC, I am hoping he can also make the tech session, he is looking to purchase another D in the future. I am going to be sending PMs today to those of you who needs addresses, directions, contact numbers, etc. (Mike,007008,thirdmanj,TripleZeroFilms,Michael Babb, Stevedmc, keepitsimple,Rad Dad). If those that I just listed didn't get my PM, please let me know. If I accidentally left someone out that needs address info, please let me know.

Note to DPI Josh, in addition to my request for a dust cap for the angle drive, can you also bring correct DMC shims for the alignment that Chris is requesting. I don't think we will need them, but just in case it would be nice to have.

Delorean Industries
10-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Confirmed:
Me-2D
Kevin-1D
Dick-1D
Brandon-1D
Todd-1D
Tom-1D
Bill L-1D
Mike
Steve Miller-1D
DPI Josh
James(thirdmanj)-1D
Mike Babb+Wife-likely 1D
Steve Rice-1D
Don-1D
Marcello(keepitsimple)

Maybe/TBD:
Walter F-1D
Worth M-1D
Jim E-??
Brian H-former owner

Just got a recent addition last night from Georgia, Marcello. He tells me he has purchased a project D, but it is not ready for the drive at this time. There is still lots to learn and he can get some ideas from all of us on how he wishes to proceed with his project. I also spoke with a former owner that lives in SC, I am hoping he can also make the tech session, he is looking to purchase another D in the future. I am going to be sending PMs today to those of you who needs addresses, directions, contact numbers, etc. (Mike,7008,thirdmanj,TripleZeroFilms,Mike Babb, Stevedmc, keepitsimple,Rad Dad).

Note to DPI Josh, in addition to my request for a dust cap for the angle drive, can you also bring correct DMC shims for the alignment that Chris is requesting. I don't think we will need them, but just in case it would be nice to have.

Got it! I need the finalized parts list from everyone by end of day tomorrow! Anyone interested in an exhaust system let me know as well. We will be doing a install on Darren's and can probably make another one happen easily.

Kevin
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Got it! I need the finalized parts list from everyone by end of day tomorrow! Anyone interested in an exhaust system let me know as well. We will be doing a install on Darren's and can probably make another one happen easily.

I was going to mention something once I knew more, but since you need to know soon, I've been having what I think is a fuel issue. When the car is cold, like sitting overnight cold, it really bogs down when giving it throttle under load. Cold start and hot start is fine, revs fine in neutral, just for the initial seconds that it's under load for the first time, it bogs down, then it runs perfectly shortly after.

Also, I've had a bit of a warm start issue, where after an hour or two of driving it, it kind of sputters out on the first start, like it's lost fuel pressure while it's been sitting but hasn't gotten cold enough for the cold start valve to kick in.

So with both these things, I'm wondering if it's an issue with the WUR/CPR or if it's just an o-ring, or both. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge or a good knowledge of troubleshooting this so I'm not sure if I need parts or not. But I thought given the symptoms, you may have an idea of what parts I may need? I don't want to derail this thread into troubleshooting, we can move the convo somewhere else if that needs to happen.

I may be interested in Spec I exhaust in the future. I really like the sound of Darren's (at least what I remember from June), but I think I'd like to hear it again at the meetup. I currently have DMCH exhaust with my Stage II and I'm not a huge fan of it.

Delorean Industries
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
kevin, We offer a pro rated swap out to replace the DMCH unit for all owners interested. I sent over a detailed response regarding the other repairs in question and transport costs back from the tech meet prorated as well. Let me know if you didn't receive it and I can resend.

Michael Babb
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Anyone going to this from (or planning on traveling through) the Raleigh area? I am in Garner, just off of I-40 and am interested in seeing if anyone wants to caravan to the event. . . same for anyone in the triad, we can pick you up on the way, etc.

Feel free to PM me and we can try to set up some details.

My new D was delivered last night, so I should have it at the event (unfortunately I am in Florida this whole week so though I now have it, I still have not seen it in person, and will not until sometime this weekend).

stevedmc
10-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Anyone going to this from (or planning on traveling through) the Raleigh area? I am in Garner, just off of I-40 and am interested in seeing if anyone wants to caravan to the event. . . same for anyone in the triad, we can pick you up on the way, etc.

My new D was delivered last night, so I should have it at the event (unfortunately I am in Florida this whole week so though I now have it, I still have not seen it in person, and will not until sometime this weekend).

I'd be interested but Raleigh isn't on the way from Louisiana. If anyone wants to caravan that is on my route, let me know.

todd1561
10-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Hey Michael, I just replied to your email. I'd be interested in going, we can figure out the details over email.

Darren, what's the official start time and location? Sounds like we may be meeting at a shop to start with this time instead of your house? I'll need the address for that. Looks like this will be the best turnout yet, very cool! Looking forward to it.

Todd

todd1561
10-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh also, I sent an email to Jim Edwards in Raleigh about the event and haven't heard anything, so I guess count him out.

Iznodmad
10-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Probably start at my house earlier than usual. As you recall, usual is noon-ish The shop has normal
Business hours until noon, I'm gonna try and stay away from that until at least noon so as not to clog up his normal customers. Ill
Send you a PM with the shop address. Josh and I have talked about starting as early as 8:00 on my exhaust. I'm really planning in more of a floating time frame, since I know people are coming from all different distances.. Anyone that wants to come earlier can and we will just play that by ear.

todd1561
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I got through to Jim in Raleigh, he has a wedding to attend that Saturday, so he's out. Which is too bad because one of his cars is finally at a point where it could make it. Maybe next time.

Todd

stevedmc
10-06-2012, 02:37 PM
I finally thought of something I need help with on 16510. Well, honestly I'm just too lazy to do it myself.

About 3 years ago I replaced my dash with one of those fancy plastic dashboards from DMCH. After installing it I found there were no holes to fasten my glove box lid to the new dash. I've got no clue how to install the glove box lid and at minimum I'll need to compare my dash/lid to that of another car.

Can anyone tackle this project for me? I'm too lazy to do it myself but I'm willing to drive 800 miles if someone will do it for me.

Iznodmad
10-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm sure someone will be able to help
with that Steve.

Weather forecast is looking great for next Saturday......70 degrees and mostly sunny. Still trying for a couple last confirmations from the maybe list. This is gonna be fun.

Chris Burns
10-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Make sure to take pics guys!:bigclap:

todd1561
10-07-2012, 02:23 AM
I finally thought of something I need help with on 16510. Well, honestly I'm just too lazy to do it myself.

About 3 years ago I replaced my dash with one of those fancy plastic dashboards from DMCH. After installing it I found there were no holes to fasten my glove box lid to the new dash. I've got no clue how to install the glove box lid and at minimum I'll need to compare my dash/lid to that of another car.

Can anyone tackle this project for me? I'm too lazy to do it myself but I'm willing to drive 800 miles if someone will do it for me.

I'd have to see what you've got there to really know what's involved. But as usual at these events I try and go to help others with their cars, so I'm more than happy to lend a hand.

stevedmc
10-07-2012, 09:14 AM
This is what I have. It's probably a simple job but I'm too lazy to do it myself.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/07/8u8udysa.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/07/gyruse4a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/07/yvynu6a3.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/07/2ymevaby.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/07/a6uhy9ys.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/07/eza6yqeq.jpg

Iznodmad
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Mini update.......

From the last list of attendees, I have confirmed Walter F and his semi-polished stage 2 DMC that some of you may have seen pics of from DCS this past summer. I think that will make 4 Stage 2 DeLoreans in attendance, along with one single turbo and one twin turbo DeLorean. Then my cars with DPI Spec I ceramic coated exhausts (#5000 is getting upgraded Saturday morning), we will have quite an array of modded DeLoreans in attendance. I think only 2 auto trans cars and the rest manuals.

Another exciting update is I have hired an official professional photographer for the event. I will have plenty of pics
for sure! The photographer will also have some samples of his ability to put images on brushed aluminum. My goal is for everyone to have the opportunity to have a professional looking picture made with their DeLorean and also have it made with this awesome technology. More details will be available at the tech session! This event is getting better and better!

Chris Burns
10-07-2012, 07:02 PM
:rock_on:

This just keeps getting better and better!!:yesss:

todd1561
10-08-2012, 11:43 AM
This is what I have. It's probably a simple job but I'm too lazy to do it myself.

My glove box has a metal bracket that sandwiches between the black bin/box and the dash which has some threaded holes some coarse thread screws for the hinges attach to. I don't see that bracket on your car in the pictures, was it there when you tore the old dash apart? I'm sure this bracket is pictured in the exploded parts manuals, but like you, I'm too lazy to look! ;)

Without that bracket I don't think we'd be able to get it back together properly. We could probably hack something together but that wouldn't be ideal. You might see if you can rush order that piece from one of the vendors and have it in time for next weekend. Maybe Josh has one and can bring it with him?

Todd

PS: Darren, a professional photographer?!? lol this is getting hilarious! j/k

stevedmc
10-08-2012, 12:41 PM
My glove box has a metal bracket that sandwiches between the black bin/box and the dash which has some threaded holes some coarse thread screws for the hinges attach to.

I'll check my old dash tonight and see if it has that bracket. If not, then its no big deal and I'll just do without. I've been driving around almost 3 years with a loose glove box lid. Another year or two won't matter.

Dangermouse
10-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Steve,

this may be useful if you haven't already seen it. Some good pictures also.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5379-Found-this-in-my-glove-box-Anyone-know-what-it-is-for

Iznodmad
10-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Confirmed:
Me-2D
Kevin-1D
Dick-1D
Brandon-1D
Todd-1D
Tom-1D
Bill L-1D
Mike
Steve Miller-1D
DPI Josh
Trevor-1D(all 4 tires in)
James(thirdmanj)-1D
Chris(TripleZeroFilms)-1D(front tires in)
Mike Babb+Wife-1D(front tires ordered, should arrive tomorrow)
Steve Rice-1D
Don-1D
Marcello(keepitsimple)+1 guest
Walter F-1D

That's sixteen DeLoreans folks! I spoke with Josh over the weekend and he authorized me to mention a discounted rate will be available for enclosed transport of your DeLorean back to his shop for repairs if needed. Speak with him directly at the tech session for further details on a first come basis. He may have some additional specials available at the tech meet for any items he chooses to bring with him on a first come basis as well. Looking forward to this, weather forecast is still 70 degrees and sunny.

Fun facts: 6 states are represented: NC, SC, VA, GA, LA, OH.

Delorean Industries
10-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Confirmed:
Me-2D
Kevin-1D
Dick-1D
Brandon-1D
Todd-1D
Tom-1D
Bill L-1D
Mike
Steve Miller-1D
DPI Josh
Trevor-1D(all 4 tires in)
James(thirdmanj)-1D
Chris(TripleZeroFilms)-1D(front tires in)
Mike Babb+Wife-1D(front tires ordered, should arrive tomorrow)
Steve Rice-1D
Don-1D
Marcello(keepitsimple)+1 guest
Walter F-1D

That's sixteen DeLoreans folks! I spoke with Josh over the weekend and he authorized me to mention a discounted rate will be available for enclosed transport of your DeLorean back to his shop for repairs if needed. Speak with him directly at the tech session for further details on a first come basis. He may have some additional specials available at the tech meet for any items he chooses to bring with him on a first come basis as well. Looking forward to this, weather forecast is still 70 degrees and sunny.

Fun facts: 6 states are represented: NC, SC, VA, GA, LA, OH.

We are bringing at the very least out two car hauler. I'm finalizing one spot who has first dibs if interested. The other spot is available on rig A and if I know ahead of time I can also bring rig B.

Free install of our SPEC I exhaust at the tech meet. I will have five system with us at least along with a variety of other products.

thirdmanj
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting up with all you guys!! 16 Deloreans! This'll be fantastic. Remember, 1258 is up for sale, so if anyone of you guys know someone in the market for a pretty top end D, bring them by to look at her.

Chris Burns
10-08-2012, 04:09 PM
This sounds like a mini DCS!

I am loving this. I am ready to tinker with some Deloreans:wrenchin:

TripleZeroFilms
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I thought I might mention one other job I'd like to try and tackle.

I've been having a idle speed issue - at start-up my engine idles up and down over and over until the car warms up (does not occur out of park). I was attempting to resolve this issue today by installing a new Idle Speed Motor to no avail. While I don't have a new thermistor or E.C.U. on hand at the moment perhaps someone might be able to help me figure out what exactly is causing my issue (and hence what parts I need to order). Who knows, it could be something simple that I'm overlooking. I'm going to continue to play with it this week and see if I can't do something with it but I figured I'd just give everyone a heads-up.

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 10:53 AM
I got rear ended today in the Delorean by a punk kid who was driving without a license. The fascia is now bent, has scratches, and needs to be painted. Fortunately the fascia is intact so I'm still planning to make the trip to North Carolina. Amazingly, the police officer told me the kids car was insured.

thirdmanj
10-09-2012, 10:57 AM
I got rear ended today in the Delorean by a punk kid who was driving without a license. The fascia is now bent, has scratches, and needs to be painted. Fortunately the fascia is intact so I'm still planning to make the trip to North Carolina. Amazingly, the police officer told me the kids car was insured.

Ooooh, foul news. But hey, maybe you can get one of those fancy-dancy new fiberglass ones out of the deal. If they're anything like their dashboards you'll be one HAPPY man! ;)

Iznodmad
10-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Dang, that's terrible news Steve. Must not have been going too fast if everything is still intact. Surprised the kid didn't try to flee the scene if he didn't have proper license. I thought only the front fascias were reproduced in fiberglass??

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 11:24 AM
DMCH has a painted rear fascia for $1225.

http://store.delorean.com/p-9722-rear-fascia.aspx

Thats not a bad deal if you ask me. It will be interesting to see what the insurance company has to say.

Kevin
10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I thought only the front fascias were reproduced in fiberglass??

Yes the rear fascias are NOS, only the fronts were reproduced in fiberglass. I think Stephen Wynne said there wasn't enough demand for the rear fascias to justify the cost of reproduction.

Iznodmad
10-09-2012, 11:56 AM
DMCH has a painted rear fascia for $1225.

http://store.delorean.com/p-9722-rear-fascia.aspx

Thats not a bad deal if you ask me. It will be interesting to see what the insurance company has to say.

Core required! It wasn't that way when I purchased brand new front and rear fascias in 2001 (from PJ Grady). I'd say it is kinda a bad deal, you are essentially paying $1225 for a repainted/refurbed rear fascia only. However, if insurance is paying, it could mean nothing to you. You will be interested to take a look at both fascias on my 83 that Josh refurbed for me. Then compare to my original fascias on my 81.

Surely your rear fascia mounting brackets were damaged during the crash, you'll need Josh's stainless replacements as well. I happen to have a set installed on my 83 for your viewing pleasure. :cool1:

DMCMW Dave
10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Core required! It wasn't that way when I purchased brand new front and rear fascias in 2001 (from PJ Grady). I'd say it is kinda a bad deal, you are essentially paying $1225 for a repainted/refurbed rear fascia only. :

11 years later, rear fascias from Houston are still pre-painted NOS. There is a core on the rears so that like the fronts, when they run out, there may be an option to "refurb" units until reproduction units are developed. No telling when that will be. Just planning for the future.

Front fascias are fiberglass repro now. No core required. But you will need to paint it.

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Core required! It wasn't that way when I purchased brand new front and rear fascias in 2001 (from PJ Grady). I'd say it is kinda a bad deal, you are essentially paying $1225 for a repainted/refurbed rear fascia only. However, if insurance is paying, it could mean nothing to you. You will be interested to take a look at both fascias on my 83 that Josh refurbed for me. Then compare to my original fascias on my 81.

Surely your rear fascia mounting brackets were damaged during the crash, you'll need Josh's stainless replacements as well. I happen to have a set installed on my 83 for your viewing pleasure. :cool1:

I'm tempted to get Josh to trailer the thing to his shop and fly home from the tech meet. I have a feeling insurance wouldn't agree with that though.

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
11 years later, rear fascias from Houston are still pre-painted NOS.

At $1225, I think its a bargain considering its already prepped and painted. My only fear is the paint might not match the repainted front, but eh, no one would probably know but me.

My guess, it would cost near $1k to get the thing straightened out and painted anyway. I would much rather order a fascia from the friendly folks at DMCMW.

Delorean Industries
10-09-2012, 12:29 PM
At $1225, I think its a bargain considering its already prepped and painted. My only fear is the paint might not match the repainted front, but eh, no one would probably know but me.

My guess, it would cost near $1k to get the thing straightened out and painted anyway. I would much rather order a fascia from the friendly folks at DMCMW.

It would be cheaper then shipping it all the way from your home. You have the right to take it where ever you want when it does to repair. I shipped a car to Houston years ago.

Send me pictures of the damage. We might be able to address it over the weekend.

Iznodmad
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I lifted this from the link a few posts back just for fun.

"DMC approved replacement or new old stock part - the same part used when servicing/restoring DeLoreans at our facilities so you know it will fit & work! PAINTED AND READY TO INSTALL - Core Required | New Old Stock Part "

I poorly assumed this (regarding "approved replacement" and "OR" part) meant they were not NOS painted anymore, unless you specifically asked for it that way. Sorry Dave.

I'm not going to mention what Josh charged me for refurb of both front and rear fascias (including front fascia reinforcement to prevent eyebrows and black portions painted and stainless rear mounting brackets) here publicly. But he will be available to look at your damage and give advice regarding repair/replacement on Saturday. If you need a ride to the airport, I can help with that as well. BTW, when I had an accident with my 81 a few years ago (2004), my insurance paid to ship the car to the repair facility of my choice and the repairs. I was responsible for shipping the car back to me. Of course, these things can vary with different companies, etc.

Delorean Industries
10-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Fit and work is a matter of opinion these days...... :)

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 01:55 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/ebu3y6ev.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/8e3abada.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/nu7e7y9u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/arunubym.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/ryperata.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/eze5eju9.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/evu8egaz.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/5yjezaba.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/10/uje7ugup.jpg

thirdmanj
10-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Doesn't look too bad.

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I lifted this from the link a few posts back just for fun.

"DMC approved replacement or new old stock part - the same part used when servicing/restoring DeLoreans at our facilities so you know it will fit & work! PAINTED AND READY TO INSTALL - Core Required | New Old Stock Part "

I poorly assumed this (regarding "approved replacement" and "OR" part) meant they were not NOS painted anymore, unless you specifically asked for it that way. Sorry Dave.

I'm not going to mention what Josh charged me for refurb of both front and rear fascias (including front fascia reinforcement to prevent eyebrows and black portions painted and stainless rear mounting brackets) here publicly. But he will be available to look at your damage and give advice regarding repair/replacement on Saturday. If you need a ride to the airport, I can help with that as well. BTW, when I had an accident with my 81 a few years ago (2004), my insurance paid to ship the car to the repair facility of my choice and the repairs. I was responsible for shipping the car back to me. Of course, these things can vary with different companies, etc.

Is anyone attending from Atlanta? If I decide to have Josh work on the car, I'd rather fly home from Atlanta. Last minutes flights can get pretty expensive and Atlanta is a major hub for both Baton Rouge and New Orleans. It would be cheaper for me to fly home from there.

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Doesn't look too bad.

Not too bad but it is still bend and have flaking paint and deep scratches.

Iznodmad
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Charlotte airport is only an hour away and considered a hub. I would at least look for availability there. PTI in Greensboro is another, but it's not very big.

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Charlotte airport is only an hour away and considered a hub. I would at least look for availability there. PTI in Greensboro is another, but it's not very big.

Wow. I just checked and as of right now I can fly home from CLT to MSY for just $117 on Monday. It will be interesting to see how this deal works out.

I guess I just need to wait on my call from the insurance company and see what Josh thinks about it.

Iznodmad
10-09-2012, 04:47 PM
If we run out of things to do at the tech session, I still have a brand new grooved hood with SS hood brackets and a brand new original dash to install in VIN 5000. Also have the SS engine cover grills and SS retaining strips for it as well. Oh, and SS bulkhead cover and SS retaining strip over torsion bar adjustment area. These projects have been haunting me for YEARS!

For VIN 16128, I have the SS label kit to install. And a repro quality assurance label for drivers side door window. I've been dragging my feet getting that done as well.

It won't break my heart if we don't get to do these things, but it would be nice to finally get all that done and have my pile of spare parts actually end up on my cars.

Michael Babb
10-09-2012, 08:18 PM
If we run out of things to do at the tech session, I still have a brand new grooved hood with SS hood brackets and a brand new original dash to install in VIN 5000. Also have the SS engine cover grills and SS retaining strips for it as well. Oh, and SS bulkhead cover and SS retaining strip over torsion bar adjustment area. These projects have been haunting me for YEARS!

For VIN 16128, I have the SS label kit to install. And a repro quality assurance label for drivers side door window. I've been dragging my feet getting that done as well.

It won't break my heart if we don't get to do these things, but it would be nice to finally get all that done and have my pile of spare parts actually end up on my cars.

I now have a hand full of things to troubleshoot on my car...door locks, directional blinkers, strange noise in instrument cluste at speed...and a handfull of things to install...

Michael Babb
10-09-2012, 08:25 PM

So sorry to hear this!

Delorean Industries
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Wow. I just checked and as of right now I can fly home from CLT to MSY for just $117 on Monday. It will be interesting to see how this deal works out.

I guess I just need to wait on my call from the insurance company and see what Josh thinks about it.

Please get in touch with me as soon as possible Steve. I would like to have the cars coming back with us finalized by Thursday if possible so I can confirm with other owners. Thanks!

stevedmc
10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible Steve. I would like to have the cars coming back with us finalized by Thursday if possible so I can confirm with other owners. Thanks!

I haven't heard from the adjuster yet so I don't know what my options are. If I find out something tomorrow I will let you know.

stevedmc
10-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I haven't heard from the adjuster yet so I don't know what my options are. If I find out something tomorrow I will let you know.

I haven't heard from the adjuster yet so I think I'm going to avoid sending it to Ohio. Instead, I think I am going to go ahead and turn this into a 2k mile trip. It will probably be a good idea if I change my oil before I leave Lexington.

Delorean Industries
10-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I haven't heard from the adjuster yet so I think I'm going to avoid sending it to Ohio. Instead, I think I am going to go ahead and turn this into a 2k mile trip. It will probably be a good idea if I change my oil before I leave Lexington.

Should we bring a premium Bosch filter and castrol oil for you? :)

stevedmc
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Should we bring a premium Bosch filter and castrol oil for you? :)

It all depends on the cost. Afterall, I do have a really tight budget. lol

I was planning on bringing my own stuff but I might not if the price is right.

On a serious note, I should be fine. I keep a small stash of oil filters at my house and will have some, along with motor oil in the car. I'm like a mini AutoZone on wheels.

Delorean Industries
10-11-2012, 01:11 PM
It all depends on the cost. Afterall, I do have a really tight budget. lol

I was planning on bringing my own stuff but I might not if the price is right.

On a serious note, I should be fine. I keep a small stash of oil filters at my house and will have some, along with motor oil in the car. I'm like a mini AutoZone on wheels.

The last part cracked me up!

Iznodmad
10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
One last suggestion. With the amount of people coming, I don't have enough chairs/seating. There are basically no chairs at the tire shop either. If anyone can bring a foldable chair, it would be helpful. Or perhaps we will be too busy to sit down!

Unfortunately I had one cancellation, Don. Everyone else is good to go as far as I know.

Also got final confirmation from Dwayne, the photographer. He will have a sample of his metal artwork for all to see and will take images and orders for anyone who wants one of their own DeLorean.

stevedmc
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Too late. I'm on my way and am currently two hours from Atlanta. I wish Ron would hurry up and call me.

Iznodmad
10-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Don't worry Steve, you need the extra space for Cheerwine anyway. You probably will not want to sit down with as many hours as you are gonna be driving. BTW, I'll make sure you get to the place where you can get the Cheerwine in glass bottles. It's so much better than those plastic bottles. My house is actually about 30 minutes from the factory where it is made! I also have a place where there is the best French toast, if you hang around until Sunday morning, we could go get some. We can talk about it more when u get here.

Delorean Industries
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Don't worry Steve, you need the extra space for Cheerwine anyway. You probably will not want to sit down with as many hours as you are gonna be driving. BTW, I'll make sure you get to the place where you can get the Cheerwine in glass bottles. It's so much better than those plastic bottles. My house is actually about 30 minutes from the factory where it is made! I also have a place where there is the best French toast, if you hang around until Sunday morning, we could go get some. We can talk about it more when u get here.

Steve (my tech) and I will be arriving tomorrow night at seven pm. He might be there a little before me as I will be stopping at another owners on the way. We are geared to hit the ground running and will have the lift and other required items set up and wrenching in twenty minutes tops. How late can we get away with working?

stevedmc
10-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I believe my angle drive just bit the dust. Josh,can you bring one?

Delorean Industries
10-11-2012, 09:13 PM
I believe my angle drive just bit the dust. Josh,can you bring one?

Already packed one. All yours!

stevedmc
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks man.

Delorean Industries
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks man.

But this reminds me to pack the mega hub wrench....

Iznodmad
10-11-2012, 09:19 PM
We can work as late as you want to. There is absolutely nothing keeping us from doing anything we want. It's your call, just save some energy for Saturday as well!

Delorean Industries
10-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Email me the schedule you are planning on please for sat. We will have everything we need set up ready to go at your house and probably be ok without another shop. We are coming fully equipped. Your call though!

stevedmc
10-11-2012, 09:29 PM
I already have a 36mm socket with me along with a breaker bar.

On another note, it might not be the angle drive. The speedometer went dead for a few minutes and then started working again, although very bouncy.

Perhaps I just have a loose cable or perhaps a slipping dust cap.

Anyway, I just pulled into iHop. It's time for some French toast.

stevedmc
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Oh, and I also have a 32mm socket for those cars that were built before mine.

Iznodmad
10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
We will have one more early bird tomorrow night, James. Earlier in the thread he mentioned some brake work, and that is what he mentioned this evening when we talked. Perhaps
We can get an early start on that as well.

Delorean Industries
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Spec one and compressor for you along with 5000 inspection. I have everything plated and ready to go for James. Is there any way we can start earlier?

Iznodmad
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Hmmm. I didn't really plan that well for an earlier start tomorrow night. If everything goes absolutely perfectly with work, I could be at my house by 6. Michelle and the boys about the same. #5000 is sitting in my garage, you might could get started setting up shortly after six if either myself or Michelle gets home by then.

Delorean Industries
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Seven is fine. We should have plenty of time!

Iznodmad
10-11-2012, 10:41 PM
By this time tomorrow night, this stock exhaust will not be on this car anymore!13984

opethmike
10-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Spec 1 exhaust is epic. Second favorite DPI product of mine, behind the heads/cams combo.

Iznodmad
10-11-2012, 11:03 PM
That's exactly why I am becoming the first double owner to have double DPI Spec I ceramic coated exhausts! And we will be planning next years VIN 5000 performance upgrades to take it to the next level. One thing at a time.

opethmike
10-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Naturally aspirated, or forced induction?

stevedmc
10-11-2012, 11:48 PM
You obviously haven't seen Spec .01 exhaust yet. Lol

Iznodmad
10-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Mike, not sure yet on forced induction, but I'm leaning that way. It's probably gonna take a trip up to DPI HQ so I can look at and drive the test mules. I have this strange cosmetic appearance fetish, so it's not just a strictly performance related decision.

Steve, I've seen the .01 before. It's just not my cup of tea.

12 hours before kickoff!

thirdmanj
10-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Ever since I saw that HH2 Delorean it's got my wheels turning. HH2 seems pretty cool.

steve6864
10-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Darren I will be unable to make it.It was a stretch in the first place as Toni and I are flying out Sunday A.M. for the Virgin Islands.So a lot of loose ends here at the house to tie up.The main reason though is I don`t have a drivable car!The latest project was a complete front to back overhaul of the clutch hydraulics.New master cylinder,stainless braided fluid line and the slave cylinder which I installed 2 weeks ago.Now I have no pedal pressure whatsoever.Have to look into that tomorrow if time allows.Probably didn`t get all the air out of the new master.We get back Friday night before Euro and plan on stopping by on our way home from the airport.See you then?Steve.6864.

Iznodmad
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
DPI mobile lift. Spec I install almost complete! 13990

Chris Burns
10-13-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07_HB2iYOvg

Michael Babb
10-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks again Darren for hosting this for us all, and many thanks Josh for making the trek as well!

Most of the photos that I took are on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/photos/113296055069661888503/albums/5799147285307050385

Chris Burns
10-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Looks like you guys had a great time! Nice array of Deloreans.:race:

Mike C.
10-14-2012, 11:52 AM
First, I have to say I had a GREAT time. Thank you very much to Darren Decker and his family for the wonderful hospitality, and for the use of the amazing location for a tech day. A great place with plenty of room for all kinds of cars. The drive to and from Darren's place was actually very relaxing. I'm REALLY getting to like this not living in Florida thing!

Honestly, you couldn't have asked for a nicer day with a nicer group of people. Having only known most of the people from their personalities on the forum, it really does not do any of them justice. Had a great time getting to know Darren (Iznodmad), James Tait (thirdmanj), Kevin, Rad Dad, Brandon (whom i've previously known, but was surprised to see him there!), Dick and his beautiful Twin Turbo, Chris and his dad with their recently acquired early vin Red Delorean project car, Trevor (007008 ) and Stephen Rice (stevedmc, aka the guy in the green pimp suit...lol), along with so many others that i knew I would forget! Sorry!!! 1st time and there were quite a few people!! Was able to briefly talk to Michael Baab and see his beautiful new car, and watch DPI Josh (Josh Bengston) go above and beyond, which I will go into.

I put all the pictures in the pics forum, so they wouldn't get lost after this thread moves on. You can see all the pics BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5445-North-Carolina-Tech-Day-Saturday-October-13-2012)

A word about Josh and DPI
As the tech work moved on, Brandon ran into a slight problem with his fuel system, as in his car seemed to be dying on him. After pulling out the fuel pump and finding some crud in the tank, Josh had him clean out the tank completely. As the tech day was ending, people were packing up, and the sun was starting hit the dusk hours, it was time to tackle putting Brandon's car back together. It seemed like it would just be a simple re-install, but after taking a good look at the condition of the pump that came OUT of the car, there was no way anyone could be certain Brandon would be getting home (see the last couple of pics, including the fuel pump pulled out).
Josh not only ended up having to replace most of the fuel tank components, but made a run to the local-ish auto parts store to do a parts run, just to make sure Brandon would have a properly running fuel pump for his trek back to South Carolina.

You really do have to appreciate a vendor that comes out to a tech day not only with a fully loaded trailer with tools and such, but thankfully with a stockpile of parts that allows him to offer parts on the fly, such as in this case. At the time I left for my hour drive home, it was 7:45 p.m. (which was later than anyone anticipated on leaving, but because we are D people, quite a few of us stayed around to make sure a stranded car wouldn't be stranded) and Josh and the guys were taking a well-deserved BBQ dinner break, the car's fuel pump was installed, the tank was filled with 5 gallons of gas, and all that was left was to start it up to test the new pump. Hopefully everything fired right up.

I also watched Josh give a new owner a GREAT list of what needed to be done to his DeLorean to not only keep it on the road safely, but virtually EVERYTHING the car needed, maintenance wise. While it may seem like an overwhelming list, taking the time to be that detailed really gives a person a chance to evaluate their plans for the car, re-arrange what's immediately necessary versus what can be put off for a while, and gives a project car that one a chance to be slowly put back onto the road in a reliable and safe condition.

When you see a vendor attending a tech day getting beyond down and dirty, and doing everything from exhaust system installs to brake jobs, to fixing small electrical issues, to staying after hours to help a stranded owner, it really does say alot not only about a company, but the people running the business and doing the work. Big thumbs up for Josh, his mechanic (sorry, totally blanked on your name!!), and DeLorean Performance Industries.

SamHill
10-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Just noticed and read this thread. Look forward to seeing the metal artwork photos.

Mike C.
10-14-2012, 11:58 AM
The metal artwork was BEAUTIFUL! Hopefully there will be some information to get some of these very well done and very unique pieces of art!!

DMCBRANDON5873
10-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Yup the car made it home just fine and as of now no issues! Once again thanks to everyone who helped me out! See you guys in the spring

Iznodmad
10-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Everyone is welcome! Thanks to those that showed up and to those that took pictures and posted. Thanks to James for the housewarming gift and buying some food Friday and SaturdAy night. I had a blast as always. I only wish I had more time to spend with everyone, there were some people I felt like I hardly got to speak to. That is the only drawback of having a huge event is we end up being separated into little groups. As usual, I didn't get everything I wanted to get done. This is not a negative by any means, I kinda knew it was going to happen. Josh/DPI was excellent, he was so concerned with trying to get a little done with everyone. He succeeded, and thanks again for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this. At one point he was wanting to continue work on my cars and I told him to put me on the back burner and tend to the others. My two main goals were accomplished, SPEC I on VIN 5000 and new AC compressor on VIN 16128. I drove VIN 5000 for the first time today since the exhaust install and WOW what a difference. I can't wait for our plans to add some more performance to the car. Maybe when you bring Walter's car back we can get that started. Here is a pic of the finished product. 14094

There will be more info available for the metal artwork prints. I have to wait for Dwayne to finish processing all the pics he took durin the tech session. I was amazed at the quality of the samples. Everyone will get a chance to view them and order anything they want. Stay tuned......

Rad Dad
10-14-2012, 07:32 PM
I had a great time and got to meet way more folks than I will possibly remember when we next meet. While I will miss my Colorado DeLorean buddies, I have now a whole new group to get to know. I apologize for leaving a bit early, but I had a house full of in-laws celebrating my father-in-law's 93 birthday. I think I was pushing it just attending, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Special thanks go to Darren who was a most gracious and considerate host. And, as usual, Josh did an amazing amount of work in a very short period of time. It was a great day!

Dick Ryan, The Rad Dad
Vin 16867

todd1561
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks again to Darren for once again holding a great event, I had a fantastic time! And thanks to Josh and company from DPI for providing endless tech help, hopefully the trip all the way down to NC was worth it! It was great to see the regulars again and to meet some new people, looking forward to doing this again next year.

Todd

stevedmc
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Ditto what everyone else said. I loved hanging out with everyone, talking, and working on each others cars. Darren did a great job at hosting the event, and it was awesome to see and talk with so many different types of owners.

I don't know if I will be at the next one, but I'll certainly be back. Next time I'll bring a bigger stick with me and I'll figure out how to get that silly pigeon. He sure did look tasty.

Kevin
10-15-2012, 12:07 AM
What Mike said.

I had a great time as well. Many thanks to Darren for hosting this event again and for working with Josh and the photographer to make it even more awesome. And many thanks to DPI for making the trip down here, Josh was a machine, hope you all can make it back again.

It was great seeing everyone again and I'm looking forward to Spring!

Delorean Industries
10-15-2012, 09:59 AM
We had a great time as well! A big thank you to Darren for hosting. I hope we were successful in checking and or addressing all issues owners had for us as that was our goal. Expect us at all up coming NC events!

stevedmc
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
We had a great time as well! A big thank you to Darren for hosting. I hope we were successful in checking and or addressing all issues owners had for us as that was our goal. Expect us at all up coming NC events!

I still don't understand how Josh could take a day off of work, travel eight hours to NC, work for free (at his expense), seem to enjoy it, and then drive another 8 hours home after doing all that work.

thirdmanj
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
I still don't understand how Josh could take a day off of work, travel eight hours to NC, work for free (at his expense), seem to enjoy it, and then drive another 8 hours home after doing all that work.

The man is a MACHINE!! ....powered by K-Jet.

Delorean Industries
10-15-2012, 10:25 AM

I can't explain it either I guess! Btw the drive home only took 6 hours 18 minutes on the way home. I love my Mustang :). I made it back at a little after 3 am and slept in the conference room couch for a little while and started working again around 7 30. Steve made it back at 5 30 slept for a little while and started working around 10ish. We both put in a solid 8 yesterday here as well to catch up. We were lazy today and did not start until 6. Normally we are here at 5 am 6 days a week.

TripleZeroFilms
10-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I just wanted to say thank again to both Darren and Josh for putting together such a wonderful event! I really enjoyed getting to see everyone's cars in person and the different flavors they all brought with them. It was great being able to put faces to screen names as well. Between the inspection from Josh, the conversations with everyone, the new tires/alignment, a free lunch, and about 14 Deloreans I don't know how the day could have turned out better. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

P.S. - I double checked Josh's frame number inspection and it does indeed read a welded "454". Interesting.... That coupled with my sunken driver's side window lead me to believe that 781 might have had quite the history. Any thought are more than welcome!

Delorean Industries
10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
556 has a clear 98 on the frame. Very interesting to track early frame numbers. Being the only one to see both pieces of glass I would agree this was not a fix in the last thirty years. Testing related for sure.

Dangermouse
10-15-2012, 03:37 PM
556 or 559?

Delorean Industries
10-15-2012, 03:39 PM
556 or 559?

sorry.... 559

Iznodmad
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5477-Front-Yard-Show&p=78179#post78179

Pics from the show. These are the ones Dwayne the photographer took.

Iznodmad
10-17-2012, 08:38 PM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5476-DMC-North-Carolina

Couple more pics.