PDA

View Full Version : WTF did I miss?

thirdmanj
08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
So there was this cool little conversation going... Something about Bill visiting a guy up in DC. I think Bill came on as DeloSTM to clarify something, now I see a "banned" next to stevedmc's name. There's no more thread, and no more DeloSTM.. Clue me in somebody.

Mike C.
08-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Bill was posting under another screen name when he knows he banned.

Steve decided to make up multiple log ins to stir the pot, basically calling himself content 22228 or whatever one more from bill's original screen name is... Banned for a week.

Seriously everyone... I know it's a light hearted forum, but i'm trying to keep everyone happy. I can't have people who were banned from the forum thinking that because they use a different IP address and make up a new name that it's ok. I also can't have people egging the other people on...

We have lost a couple of members because of things like this. It's horribly childish, and it distracts from the people who are genuinely trying to get their DeLorean's fixed or learn about the cars/history.

Stainless
08-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I miss Steve. He makes me laugh. :)

Lou and "Boo"
08-28-2012, 10:59 PM
I miss Steve. He makes me laugh. :)

in my opinion the ones who were doing wrong and misusing the list was not Bill or Steve

Two others were egging on Bill and trapped him into a carb conversation and then Bill gets banned... not fair.

Im thinking of quitting it all because i feel Bill is so wrongly picked on and bullied. and the moderaters dont seem to hesitate to punish Bill at everyones whim.

My six cents once again.

Louis Duet
"Boo" VIN 5835
Baldwin, NY (Long Island)

DeLorean03
08-28-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm so beyond tired of the bickering and the fighting and the snarky comments and the endless crap that carries into multiple threads and multiple subforums of DMCTalk.

I get it - there's some light heart stuff here and there, and I can understand a clashing of personalities - but seriously - some of the things I've seen on here - it discredits the forums and the community.

Kudos to you, Mike, for straightening things out. Your work is not praised often enough. Good on you, sir.

1Mcfly4u
08-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I used to come here a ton everyday, the forum seems to get more and more childish every time I turn around. As far as the poster above me goes I agree with him 90%, the 10% being that Bill created a sock puppet account and he is banned period regardless of what IP and forum name he is going by. Now don't get me wrong I wish Bill wasn't banned he's a great guy thats a bit over zealous and is very passionate about our cars. Ive had the opportunity to hang with Bill in person and hes one of the nicest guys Ive met. Ive never met Steve but he seems cool, sure he's edgy but hey it's the interwebz where everyone can act a fool thanks to anonimity (well not here as most of us at least know each others names). It's sad, seems like since we moved from .com the site has tarnished quite a bit.

DMCVegas
08-29-2012, 01:27 AM
in my opinion the ones who were doing wrong and misusing the list was not Bill or Steve

Two others were egging on Bill and trapped him into a carb conversation and then Bill gets banned... not fair.

Im thinking of quitting it all because i feel Bill is so wrongly picked on and bullied. and the moderaters dont seem to hesitate to punish Bill at everyones whim.

My six cents once again.

Louis Duet
"Boo" VIN 5835

Now I'm going to call bullshit on that right there. Bill was never "trapped" into any conversations. What Bill would do was antagonize other people into arguments. If someone dared to have an opinion, or heaven forbid an actual fact that would run counter to what Bill was saying, he would shit-talk everyone into an argument to shift the focus over from his shortcomings in the conversation to how he was being "singled out". He even I believe "stretched the truth" at one point to claim he was threatened with physical violence from other board members at DCS or somewhere, and had to quickly retract all of that when he got called out on it. Along those same lines Bill claimed to initially be banned from DMCTalk even though he was not simply as an unverifiable claim in order to antagonize negative public opinion against the moderators. And no, the moderators do not punish Bill simply at the whims of others. I can't stand Bill and I'm honestly happy to see him gone. But I certainly don't have that kind of pull with anyone here. Hell, Chad caught TONS of shit for his anti-BTTF thread which was quite unpopular, but he didn't get banned. I'm not a mod so I can't speak for them, but I do feel it is rather accurate to say that popularity, or lack thereof, isn't what gets you banned from DMCTalk. Being an asshole doesn't even get you banned. Terrorizing threads and purposefully starting mayhem however does.

Here is the anatomy of how an online discussion with Bill proceeds:

Bill: Statement made.
[Counter statement offered]
Bill: K-JETRONIC IS SHITY!
[New Counter statement offered regarding how K-Jet does indeed work properly when tuned correctly]
Bill: DELOREANS ARE SHITTY CARS!
[New Counter statement offered and question raised about why if Bill loves his car, he talks so poorly about it]
Bill: WHY DO YOU ALWAYS PICK ON ME! EVERYONE LOOK! I'M BEING PICKED ON! IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE PURISTS WHO DON'T WANT MODIFICATIONS!!!!
[Yet another Counter statement offered about how this isn't true, and how this talk is offensive to people who enjoy their cars either way]
Bill: WHY ME! I JUST WANT TO HELP! LOOK AT MY SACRIFICES I MAKE FOR OTHERS? HOW CAN I BE A BAD GUY WHEN I JUST WANT TO HELP PEOPLE WITH THEIR SHITTY CARS?!
[People still try to clarify that how many people he helps is inconsequential, nor is whatever modifications or fuel injection methods he chooses. He's just being a dick, and that's what is actually upsetting people.
Bill: HA HA! I'M TROLLING YOU! YOU FELL FOR IT!
Rinse, repeat, and the argument goes on forever...

Now don't get me wrong I wish Bill wasn't banned he's a great guy thats a bit over zealous and is very passionate about our cars. Ive had the opportunity to hang with Bill in person and hes one of the nicest guys Ive met.

Bill is not passionate about DeLoreans at all. Bill is passionate about Bill. He likes to hear himself talk, and loves the pedestal that everyone puts him on. Most of all he loves the feeling of being needed. Be it as a source of knowledge for a Carb conversion, or being the center of attention in an argument. I'm sure that in public when he's around other people he's a nice guy. Because if he wasn't, he'd somehow encounter that huge sense of rejection that he seems to fear with someone either arguing with him in person, or simply walking away. Especially given how he apparently came back and created another alias just to seek attention. I honestly believe that the man has some sort of either mental or emotional problems that when he's alone and doesn't have to put on his "normal face" and doesn't have to worry about any outward appearances, he reverts back to his real self where these problems take over and he doesn't have control over himself nor what he writes. I feel pretty certain that the Bill you see in public isn't the Bill that posts on the internet.

And this isn't some conspiracy with DMCTalk mods, members, or otherwise. He's really pissed off a ton of people over on the DML too. And that is the hard-core area of the marque and community, with a ton of well-seasoned members that have been such since back in the 90's, and have owned their cars for a couple of decades or more. These are not immature n00bs who have no sense of etiquette, patience, courtesy, or general common sense that just decided to be hostile towards Bill. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, Bill brought all of this upon himself because it's what he wanted. He pretty much owns all of you now, and gets you to fight his battles. For him, it was all worth it.

And I say this not as a "Bill Hater", or a "purist" who defends K-Jetronic simply for the sake of keeping the car original. I say this as someone who once sought out Bill in order to perform a carb conversion on my own car, and saw what Bill was really like. Especially when during the course of asking questions and comparing information from alternative sources, I dared to find something that contradicted him. Example: Alpine Club in the U.K. offers custom intake manifolds for carbs that are ready to go, but does Bill ever mention that? Or does he just keep insisting that you have to wait for him to sacrifice himself to make you another manifold for you? Control is Bill's trip.

Ive never met Steve but he seems cool, sure he's edgy but hey it's the interwebz where everyone can act a fool thanks to anonimity (well not here as most of us at least know each others names). It's sad, seems like since we moved from .com the site has tarnished quite a bit.

Lots of people didn't come back from the .com site because of Bill's antics, and everyone else that he got to fight his battles for him. It took some time for me to come back myself because I just got tired of it. Someone says they need help with their K-Jet, Bill jumps in to start a carb tangent and prevents that person from obtaining the information they need.

Steve? He kept on trolling as well. He'd skate around the religion/politics ban, antagonize the mods, and keep trying to start fights by mentioning Bill's name.

Mike C.
08-29-2012, 06:44 AM
I miss Steve. He makes me laugh. :) He can make you laugh again when his temporary ban expires... However, the rules about making secondary logins has been in place since the first forum, and he knew he was doing it to stir the matter even worse.

My six cents once again.

Louis Duet
"Boo" VIN 5835

Unfortunately, this matter goes back way before yesterday. Bill was BANNED from DMCTalk months ago. He knows better than to make new logins. He was not just banned yesterday. You can send a PM to the person who started the thread and "trapped" Bill. We knew Bill was using a secondary login, but had no idea what it was. So technically it's their fault for him getting caught. I'm sorry you feel like Bill is being unfairly treated, but circumstances from the past are why he was banned from the forum. He knew what he did, he refused to cooperate with us when he was asked NUMEROUS times POLITELY to stop and change his actions, and yet he continued. We are all adults here, at least most of us TRY to be, but we are not going to allow someone to antagonize the other members of the board, no matter how much you feel he's currently being bullied.

I'm so beyond tired of the bickering and the fighting and the snarky comments and the endless crap that carries into multiple threads and multiple subforums of DMCTalk.

I get it - there's some light heart stuff here and there, and I can understand a clashing of personalities - but seriously - some of the things I've seen on here - it discredits the forums and the community.

Kudos to you, Mike, for straightening things out. Your work is not praised often enough. Good on you, sir.

Thank you Jer! I appreciate it. Honestly, the snarky comments need to STOP. i know everyone wants to be the "matter of fact" guy, but with so many people giving smart alick answers to people who genuinely don't know the answer to an issue, we are starting to sound like the DML, and that's not good. So lets try to help people more, and not be so quick to shoot down people who may not understand something right away.

I used to come here a ton everyday, the forum seems to get more and more childish every time I turn around. As far as the poster above me goes I agree with him 90%, the 10% being that Bill created a sock puppet account and he is banned period regardless of what IP and forum name he is going by. Now don't get me wrong I wish Bill wasn't banned he's a great guy thats a bit over zealous and is very passionate about our cars. Ive had the opportunity to hang with Bill in person and hes one of the nicest guys Ive met. Ive never met Steve but he seems cool, sure he's edgy but hey it's the interwebz where everyone can act a fool thanks to anonimity (well not here as most of us at least know each others names). It's sad, seems like since we moved from .com the site has tarnished quite a bit.

Welcome back! :)

To be honest, people are wondering why i let the post linger because I wanted to see how people would respond to Bill's presence, since I am not the person who had the main issues with Bill, and sure enough PM's went off like fire alarms that Bill showed up, and the thread started going downhill. After about the 7th PM, Ron shut it down.

Now I'm going to call bullshit on that right there. Bill was never "trapped" into any conversations. What Bill would do was antagonize other people into arguments. If someone dared to have an opinion, or heaven forbid an actual fact that would run counter to what Bill was saying, he would shit-talk everyone into an argument to shift the focus over from his shortcomings in the conversation to how he was being "singled out". He even I believe "stretched the truth" at one point to claim he was threatened with physical violence from other board members at DCS or somewhere, and had to quickly retract all of that when he got called out on it. Along those same lines Bill claimed to initially be banned from DMCTalk even though he was not simply as an unverifiable claim in order to antagonize negative public opinion against the moderators. And no, the moderators do not punish Bill simply at the whims of others. I can't stand Bill and I'm honestly happy to see him gone. But I certainly don't have that kind of pull with anyone here. Hell, Chad caught TONS of shit for his anti-BTTF thread which was quite unpopular, but he didn't get banned. I'm not a mod so I can't speak for them, but I do feel it is rather accurate to say that popularity, or lack thereof, isn't what gets you banned from DMCTalk. Being an asshole doesn't even get you banned. Terrorizing threads and purposefully starting mayhem however does.

[New Counter statement offered regarding how K-Jet does indeed work properly when tuned correctly]
[New Counter statement offered and question raised about why if Bill loves his car, he talks so poorly about it]
Bill: WHY DO YOU ALWAYS PICK ON ME! EVERYONE LOOK! I'M BEING PICKED ON! IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE PURISTS WHO DON'T WANT MODIFICATIONS!!!!
[Yet another Counter statement offered about how this isn't true, and how this talk is offensive to people who enjoy their cars either way]
Bill: WHY ME! I JUST WANT TO HELP! LOOK AT MY SACRIFICES I MAKE FOR OTHERS? HOW CAN I BE A BAD GUY WHEN I JUST WANT TO HELP PEOPLE WITH THEIR SHITTY CARS?!
[People still try to clarify that how many people he helps is inconsequential, nor is whatever modifications or fuel injection methods he chooses. He's just being a dick, and that's what is actually upsetting people.

Bill is not passionate about DeLoreans at all. Bill is passionate about Bill. He likes to hear himself talk, and loves the pedestal that everyone puts him on. Most of all he loves the feeling of being needed. Be it as a source of knowledge for a Carb conversion, or being the center of attention in an argument. I'm sure that in public when he's around other people he's a nice guy. Because if he wasn't, he'd somehow encounter that huge sense of rejection that he seems to fear with someone either arguing with him in person, or simply walking away. Especially given how he apparently came back and created another alias just to seek attention. I honestly believe that the man has some sort of either mental or emotional problems that when he's alone and doesn't have to put on his "normal face" and doesn't have to worry about any outward appearances, he reverts back to his real self where these problems take over and he doesn't have control over himself nor what he writes. I feel pretty certain that the Bill you see in public isn't the Bill that posts on the internet.

And this isn't some conspiracy with DMCTalk mods, members, or otherwise. He's really pissed off a ton of people over on the DML too. And that is the hard-core area of the marque and community, with a ton of well-seasoned members that have been such since back in the 90's, and have owned their cars for a couple of decades or more. These are not immature n00bs who have no sense of etiquette, patience, courtesy, or general common sense that just decided to be hostile towards Bill. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, Bill brought all of this upon himself because it's what he wanted. He pretty much owns all of you now, and gets you to fight his battles. For him, it was all worth it.

And I say this not as a "Bill Hater", or a "purist" who defends K-Jetronic simply for the sake of keeping the car original. I say this as someone who once sought out Bill in order to perform a carb conversion on my own car, and saw what Bill was really like. Especially when during the course of asking questions and comparing information from alternative sources, I dared to find something that contradicted him. Example: Alpine Club in the U.K. offers custom intake manifolds for carbs that are ready to go, but does Bill ever mention that? Or does he just keep insisting that you have to wait for him to sacrifice himself to make you another manifold for you? Control is Bill's trip.

Lots of people didn't come back from the .com site because of Bill's antics, and everyone else that he got to fight his battles for him. It took some time for me to come back myself because I just got tired of it. Someone says they need help with their K-Jet, Bill jumps in to start a carb tangent and prevents that person from obtaining the information they need.

Steve? He kept on trolling as well. He'd skate around the religion/politics ban, antagonize the mods, and keep trying to start fights by mentioning Bill's name.

Robert,

Thank you. Very well said.

thirdmanj
08-29-2012, 07:02 AM

You're not guilty of liking to hear yourself talk? No no, of course not. That must be why you keep your posts so short.

:lol:

82DMC12
08-29-2012, 07:49 AM

My six cents once again.

Louis Duet
"Boo" VIN 5835

Yeah right, the only thing Bill likes is having Louis Duet and a couple others sing his praises on DMCTalk and the DML. You are in the minority buddy. Why do you think he is BANNED from DMCTalk and on moderated status on the DML? It's because he doesn't have an ounce of netiquette and has proven himself unable to interact with the rest of us without supervision.

Andy

Jonathan
08-29-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't claim to know all the in's and out's of the carb saga, here or on the DML, as I very quickly go to a different thread when it starts. What I do know is that I just logged into the DML with my old Yahoo address I haven't used in a few years, and the first several pages were littered with many names arguing about this same subject. Bill, Steve, and many other names some I recognize and some I don't. I don't really know how to use that forum structure to see different categories and all that, but it looks to me like it has been poisoned as well.

So now neither of these two DeLorean tech forums can be enjoyably used for technical support. Defaulting back to emailing directly certain people somewhat sucks, and it really isn't fair to the guys helping when a lot of my emails go to only one or two people that don't have to help as much as they do.

The internet age helped the community get out of the dark days, but it's quickly getting us back there. Our parts aren't all stored away in sea-containers anymore, but to me the information might as well be because it is unbearable trying to seek it out. See ya later.

SamHill
08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
I made a simple post about how Bill R. came to visit me in Washington DC. It was seconds before the usual gang of bullies came to foul it all up. Yes, I posted that he was "full of regret" and that his "car didn't run." Anyone that has been a part of this community for a few years and has a nickel's worth of common sense would be able to tell that I was being facietious, as usual. The post was not really about Bill's visit so much as it was a commentary on his particular carbed car which is doing splendidly, which is of interest to anyone that loves the set up or hates it.

And then some other ass-monkeying went on AFTER I left the thread and went home for the day. Instead of just banning Bill or Steve or the offending posts, the ENTIRE THREAD had to be deleted? I don't view that as being appropriate at all or "cleaning up" anything.

The thread should not have been deleted for three reasons: 1) It was in the carb subforum 2) It was in the carb subforum and 3) It was in the carb subforum. I wouldn't dream of going into the EFI or any other section to get under anyone's skin. As usual, some people here just can't leave it alone. If you ignore someone or something you don't like, they go away. This, of course, is too much to ask for some one-way bullies.

thirdmanj
08-29-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't claim to know all the in's and out's of the carb saga, here or on the DML, as I very quickly go to a different thread when it starts. What I do know is that I just logged into the DML with my old Yahoo address I haven't used in a few years, and the first several pages were littered with many names arguing about this same subject. Bill, Steve, and many other names some I recognize and some I don't. I don't really know how to use that forum structure to see different categories and all that, but it looks to me like it has been poisoned as well.

So now neither of these two DeLorean tech forums can be enjoyably used for technical support. Defaulting back to emailing directly certain people somewhat sucks, and it really isn't fair to the guys helping when a lot of my emails go to only one or two people that don't have to help as much as they do.

The internet age helped the community get out of the dark days, but it's quickly getting us back there. Our parts aren't all stored away in sea-containers anymore, but to me the information might as well be because it is unbearable trying to seek it out. See ya later.

That seems a bit dramatic. If it doesn't interest you, ignore it. But when you have an issue, and you post it, help will certainly come your way.

Thankfully Delorean owners (on this site) aren't so bogged down in technical difficulties that they can't enjoy a few superfluous conversations on the side. But again, if that's not your cup o' tea, don't feel obligated to be a part of it. No online drama is going to affect you unless you let it.

thirdmanj
08-29-2012, 08:11 AM
I made a simple post about how Bill R. came to visit me in Washington DC. It was seconds before the usual gang of bullies came to foul it all up. Yes, I posted that he was "full of regret" and that his "car didn't run." Anyone that has been a part of this community for a few years and has a nickel's worth of common sense would be able to tell that I was being facietious, as usual. The post was not really about Bill's visit so much as it was a commentary on his particular carbed car which is doing splendidly, which is of interest to anyone that loves the set up or hates it.

And then some other ass-monkeying went on AFTER I left the thread and went home for the day. Instead of just banning Bill or Steve or the offending posts, the ENTIRE THREAD had to be deleted? I don't view that as being appropriate at all or "cleaning up" anything.

The thread should not have been deleted for three reasons: 1) It was in the carb subforum 2) It was in the carb subforum and 3) It was in the carb subforum. I wouldn't dream of going into the EFI or any other section to get under anyone's skin. As usual, some people here just can't leave it alone. If you ignore someone or something you don't like, they go away. This, of course, is too much to ask for some one-way bullies.

I didn't know you were being facietious man. My bust. But, yeah, it probably shouldn't have been deleated. I didn't even realize it was in the carb subforum. It showed up in the "new posts" when I clicked on it. I didn't bother to check which forum it was in.

SamHill
08-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Example: Alpine Club in the U.K. offers custom intake manifolds for carbs that are ready to go, but does Bill ever mention that? Or does he just keep insisting that you have to wait for him to sacrifice himself to make you another manifold for you? Control is Bill's trip.

Someone posted information about Alpine manifolds way back when, so I jumped on the phone and called about these manifolds. The guy that answered told me that it was a part of the website that was extremely old, and they had none of these manifolds available. He shook his supply room upside down and sideways. They. Are. Not. Available. And have not been for years.

I went to the trouble of asking him to please please please call the foundry where they were made. Maybe even they could come up with the molds. Result: nothing. I am only telling you what he told me.

Even if you could find them, they would be prohibitively expensive. I'm talking $5K and up. That's just stupid.

Mike C.
08-29-2012, 09:26 AM

I am going to compromise with you on this one, because I had only asked for the parts with Bill to be removed, not the entire thread. I dont see a problem with people saying how Bill is doing, because as i had stated before, I don't wish anything bad to the guy. It's not personal, we have a website to run. Rules are here for the sake of everyone. So I put the thread back up, removed the negative stuff, etc. Im actually going to put Bill's responses back up, just to prove that yes, we are civil.

SamHill
08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Soundkillr
08-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks to Mike for cleaning it up! Vegas, very well said I agree.

opethmike
08-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Supposedly Bill has three more accounts on here, or so he claims.

"Bill Robertson
13 hours ago
Somebody deleted one of my super secret DMCTalk user ID's. Good thing I've still got three more in my back pocket."

Spittybug
08-30-2012, 09:50 AM
This is better than watching the politics of America. But like that cesspool, our organization seems to polarized between those that wish to progress, build, share, discuss and stick to the topic of supporting our common interest in Deloreans, and those that don't.

Once more energy is spent on the act of bashing others or focusing on how or why something was said rather than on the subject itself, something is wrong.

Why can't we all make a commitment to keeping PUBLIC forums on topic? It's ridiculous to ask moderators to play policeman and strike down posts all the time. Use PMs if you must bicker. Better yet, just grow up.

DeLorean03
08-30-2012, 10:56 AM
"Bill Robertson
13 hours ago
Somebody deleted one of my super secret DMCTalk user ID's. Good thing I've still got three more in my back pocket."

wow.......really ? Talk about crying out "hey everyone, look at me!" - so ridiculous. If I was the one doing that kind of stuff, I'd keep my mouth SHUT about secret accounts. Just goes to show the intentions ...

Mark D
08-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Rarely do I comment in these types of threads but since they always pop up in the "New Posts" section it hard not to read. I'll admit that sometimes the drama is entertaining and I'll get a good laugh once in a while but I don't think I'm alone when I say I really couldn't care less about carb vs kjet arguements, people's rambling opinions about why they like/dislike BTTF, and whether or not diet cheerwine tastes like cherry dr pepper.

It's a distraction at best and just clogs up the search function with pages of extra nonsense when I'm looking for legit information on how to put my car back together and keep it running.

If you want to tell me how to install a carb on my car and describe the pros and cons? That's awesome and I'd love to learn some factual information. Got some interesting notes on how to do a BTTF conversion? Sweet, lets hear it. What I don't understand is why there is such a flood of postings lately that are filled with crap and no actual substance.

This post is a perfect example....it's complete crap...my own random opinion that no one will ever benifit from reading. I'm considering just deleting it all together and going about my day. I probably should.

I'll conclude by saying that I applaud the moderators attempting to clean up some of the mess or at least keep it contained to one area. If this whole thread (and a few others) got deleted tomorrow we wouldn't be missing a thing.

thirdmanj
08-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Rarely do I comment in these types of threads but since they always pop up in the "New Posts" section it hard not to read. I'll admit that sometimes the drama is entertaining and I'll get a good laugh once in a while but I don't think I'm alone when I say I really couldn't care less about carb vs kjet arguements, people's rambling opinions about why they like/dislike BTTF, and whether or not diet cheerwine tastes like cherry dr pepper.

It's a distraction at best and just clogs up the search function with pages of extra nonsense when I'm looking for legit information on how to put my car back together and keep it running.

If you want to tell me how to install a carb on my car and describe the pros and cons? That's awesome and I'd love to learn some factual information. Got some interesting notes on how to do a BTTF conversion? Sweet, lets hear it. What I don't understand is why there is such a flood of postings lately that are filled with crap and no actual substance.

This post is a perfect example....it's complete crap...my own random opinion that no one will ever benifit from reading. I'm considering just deleting it all together and going about my day. I probably should.

I'll conclude by saying that I applaud the moderators attempting to clean up some of the mess or at least keep it contained to one area. If this whole thread (and a few others) got deleted tomorrow we wouldn't be missing a thing.

Congrats man. You just added to the "clogging" you dislike so much.

opethmike
08-30-2012, 12:49 PM
This should help to solve the clogging problem:

http://phillips.blogs.com/goc/draino.jpg

Ron
08-30-2012, 01:03 PM
First I would like to thank the members who have posted messages and PMs of support for the mod/admin team. Yet there are a few that don't seem to understand that none of us are not out to "get Bill" or anyone else -- To be perfectly honest, I had to force myself to ban Steve because what he did, well, the way he did it, cracked me up, BUT, as Mike mentioned, no forum will tolerate multiple user names...an inch turned into a mile. Both knew better and knew what would happen, plain and simple.

IMHO, Speaking as a member-

It all boils down to the simple fact that, although Bill has helped a lot of people and is truly a great guy to hang with in person (I know first hand), Bill is NOT content22207! We can not overlook the actions of the one here for the sake of the other no more than he obviously can/will act the same here as in real life! "Sticking up" for content22207 is not helping Bill, or the forum!

Let's move on...

DMCVegas
08-30-2012, 05:19 PM
They. Are. Not. Available. And have not been for years.

The TWI ones are no longer made, no. Those are the modular ones that can connect either carbs or EFI Injectors, and could connect to custom air intakes and filters. However Mike Brewer on wheeler dealers did find the Alpine club selling custom one-piece units. Have you looked into those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMCVegas
08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
You're not guilty of liking to hear yourself talk? No no, of course not. That must be why you keep your posts so short.

:lol:

I don't write to simply hear myself talk, no. I purposely thread-kill so as to eliminate the bickering and going back and forth. I prefer to throw one big-ass post up rather that get into a argument of never ending short posts that always loose track of the topic because someone wants to shift the focus or blame in order to avoid things when they're wrong.

thirdmanj
08-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I don't write to simply hear myself talk, no. I purposely thread-kill so as to eliminate the bickering and going back and forth. I prefer to throw one big-ass post up rather that get into a argument of never ending short posts that always loose track of the topic because someone wants to shift the focus or blame in order to avoid things when they're wrong.

It was a joke, but ^^^ ... Since you insist on proving my point, I guess you could take it seriously,

...lol you're such a Texan.

SamHill
08-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Mike Brewer on wheeler dealers did find the Alpine club selling custom one-piece units. Have you looked into those

I'd like to see one if you can come up with it.

DMCVegas
08-30-2012, 06:58 PM
It was a joke, but ^^^ ... Since you insist on proving my point, I guess you could take it seriously,

...lol you're such a Texan.

http://www.txtraders.com/images/bsborn-6.jpg

thirdmanj
08-30-2012, 09:13 PM
http://www.txtraders.com/images/bsborn-6.jpg

Awesome man. Love it.

DMCVegas
08-30-2012, 11:32 PM
I'd like to see one if you can come up with it.

Here is the archived link again:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:QeLHKrCUw7oJ:www.renaultalpineownersclub.c om/JL%2520Engineering%2520Alpine%2520V6%2520Holley%25 20Conversion%2520Kit.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShPHOjwUzuPHTZ3zo8rPn7U27O1bciUa4FuXLsX bawNZwrg-AEVFU-KMBnqf0BbsuNkezLa9mSaA1D5iipqolW4zB1lIrplpLmyyX2Mo La1bpCb2l9j4lsJp61WECB269llCoj7&sig=AHIEtbR2ds5tlb_NPgMIdEe9jFRf0mnUgw

And here is Ed China installing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT3gZVqh4_s

This is precisely the type of thing I was looking for when it came to doing a carb conversion. Clear concise instructions that are printed and documented. When I first asked about something such as this way, WAY back when I first contacted Bill, this was the problem that I ran into, and without going starting another argument about the topic, this is where Bill started to change attitudes and got nasty.

SamHill
08-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Is it available for purchase for anyone that wants one? Cost? I'll be off dmctalk until sunday. Will check back in then.