PDA

View Full Version : General Misplaced my 2 O-rings for the water pipe, Y-pipe

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi all,

Finally putting engine together, noticed I am missing my 2 O-rings for the Y-pipe. Can I find these in Autozone or soemthing?

WelmoedJ
08-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Hi all,

Finally putting engine together, noticed I am missing my 2 O-rings for the Y-pipe. Can I find these in Autozone or soemthing?

You probably will be able to find them at an autoshop, if you take one or both of the old ones with you.
There are so many O-rings that it would be very odd if you couldn't get them there.

82DMC12
08-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Those are 2 o-rings I would grudgingly order over again and wait for, just so I don't have to tear the intake apart again because the Autozone parts didn't quite work.

Andy

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
You probably will be able to find them at an autoshop, if you take one or both of the old ones with you.
There are so many O-rings that it would be very odd if you couldn't get them there.

The old ones were removed about a year ago, and they were hard and cracked into 2-3 pieces. I dont have them.

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Those are 2 o-rings I would grudgingly order over again and wait for, just so I don't have to tear the intake apart again because the Autozone parts didn't quite work.

Andy

I know, I just dont feel like waiting 3-4 weeks for some O-rings.

mluder
08-29-2012, 01:08 PM
I know, I just dont feel like waiting 3-4 weeks for some O-rings.

3-4 weeks Why would it take that long. I'm sure you could get them from Dave at DMCMW through a priority mail shipment in 2 to 3 days. I order stuff from Toby at DMCNW in Seattle all the time and it gets here in 2 days.

You could also try Grady... He's in NY.

On a side note - one thing I hate about the new parts manual is that they intentionally don't provide any size info because they want you to buy thier parts. I get why but I don't like it.

Cheers.
Steve

82DMC12
08-29-2012, 01:31 PM
+1 not sure OP is located but I get parts 2nd day when shipping fedex ground from DMCMW. unless you are in Antarctica I think you will get what you need in just a couple, three days. In stock too.

Andy

dmc6960
08-29-2012, 02:18 PM
NY is only a 2-day transit time using FexEx Ground from Crystal Lake, IL.

http://www.fedex.com/grd/maps/ShowMapEntry.do

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 03:00 PM
NY is only a 2-day transit time using FexEx Ground from Crystal Lake, IL.

http://www.fedex.com/grd/maps/ShowMapEntry.do

Its not transit time, its time it takes to ship them out. Sometimes when I order it takes awhile for them to ship, from specialtauto, to DPI, and few times DMCH

82DMC12
08-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Don't worry, dmcmw will get it out same day if they are in stock, and I'm sure they are! Call now and have them by the weekend!

DMCMW Julee
08-29-2012, 03:08 PM
:wave2:

opethmike
08-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Indeed, call DMC-MW. I've never had to wait more than a day for something to get shipped by them. DMC-H I've found to typically be painfully slow to ship.

dmc6960
08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Its not transit time, its time it takes to ship them out. Sometimes when I order it takes awhile for them to ship, from specialtauto, to DPI, and few times DMCH

Those do not equal DMCMW. Do it once and you'll have your new favorite vendor.

jafo2k
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Call Julee.. I'm in Nova Scotia and can get in 2 days.. besides she's a sweetheart. (Don't tell Dave)

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
I already just palced an order for the 2 O-rings, as well as a new leather shift boot, and steering wheel adapter from DMCH.

mluder
08-29-2012, 04:58 PM

It's true - DPI and SpecialT sometimes take longer to pack and ship. I give them the benefit of the doubt because they don't have the infrastructure that DMCH or the satelites have. I sometines go to John because of his prices and packages, and Josh at DPI because his stuff is great quality and good price. That being said - if I know I need it right away I go to Toby at DMCNW or if he doesn't have it straight to Houston.

Cheers
Steve

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 11:15 PM
My weird luck never fails me!!! I was doing some work on the engine, and put a few bolts/nuts/washers in my pockets, the pants I use to work on my cars. When I was changing I was emptying out my pockets, checked the little pocket on my right side, the 2 O-rings were in there!!!! Arrrrrrr!!! Good thing I only paid $2 for the new ones!! At least I don't have to wait for them now!!

On the other issue we mentioned about deliveries! I placed an order from Specialtauto, very end of July. I just got my order today, very end of August! SO I would say it is about 3 weeks late. I ordered A/C Condensor Combo $169.95 Which is A/C condensor, Accumulator, and Orfice tube. I only received the A/C condensor, packed in a box the size of the condensor itself, no bubble wrap or prtection foam. Bolts came damaged, bent with the paint chipping off!!

So far, this is the only down side of my Delorean, ordering problems!!!!

http://i49.tinypic.com/veb1c1.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2el6wjb.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/1jme1c.jpg

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 11:27 PM
I also order the Pressure HUB assy 110525HUB, did not get that!!! Aaarrrrrrrrr

dmc6960
08-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Interesting, that is a parallel flow condenser, the best type to use for an AC conversion. Back in 2006 all I got was a tube and fin condenser (least efficient type). Do you suppose you could take a quick measurement of its length and width? Thanks!

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Interesting, that is a parallel flow condenser, the best type to use for an AC conversion. Back in 2006 all I got was a tube and fin condenser (least efficient type). Do you suppose you could take a quick measurement of its length and width? Thanks!

Only if you speed up the Speedometer project!!!! lol!! Will do!

dmc6960
08-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Only if you speed up the Speedometer project!!!! lol!! Will do!

No worries. While I haven't posted any updates on it lately, I'm on track to have several prototype units ready for road testing throughout 2013. Barring no substantial problems they will be ready for sale in 2014.

1batt4u
08-29-2012, 11:58 PM
No worries. While I haven't posted any updates on it lately, I'm on track to have several prototype units ready for road testing throughout 2013. Barring no substantial problems they will be ready for sale in 2014.

2014??? To long!!!! lol

Measurements are, top to bottom 12" exactly, side to side bracket 27 1/2" exactly