PDA

View Full Version : No more "so in so sucks..." threads/comments....

Mike C.
08-29-2012, 06:49 AM
The joke has more than run its course, and now it is turning people away. Please do not make random threads or random posts with someone's name and mentioning that they suck.

Lets just try to be civil toward each other.

Jonathan
08-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Lets just try to be civil toward each other.

+1 Mike. Agree completely.

Maybe one thing for us all to keep in mind when writing any post, whether it would be about engine's, brakes, oil, car shows, BTTF, or even politics, would be to reread it just before you hit submit and ask yourself if you would still say it exactly that same way if you were sitting next to those people at a table, in a classroom, or at a meeting at work. If you wrote it with an edge because the person you're "posting" with is 1,000 miles away, maybe re-write it thinking he's standing right in front of you. Or as if you were talking in person at a cruise night or DCS.

I think most of us are at fault of this in some way some of the time, and I get the playful little jabs and stuff, but the mods are right that we lose people because of it. Some come back and some don't, but nobody needs to try and fumble through fixing their car by themselves because they don't care for the vibe on the forums.

thirdmanj
08-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Mike su...... Just kidding!

I agree, it is pretty dumb.

thirdmanj
08-29-2012, 07:06 AM
+1 Mike. Agree completely.

Maybe one thing for us all to keep in mind when writing any post, whether it would be about engine's, brakes, oil, car shows, BTTF, or even politics, would be to reread it just before you hit submit and ask yourself if you would still say it exactly that same way if you were sitting next to those people at a table, in a classroom, or at a meeting at work. If you wrote it with an edge because the person you're "posting" with is 1,000 miles away, maybe re-write it thinking he's standing right in front of you. Or as if you were talking in person at a cruise night or DCS.

I think most of us are at fault of this in some way some of the time, and I get the playful little jabs and stuff, but the mods are right that we lose people because of it. Some come back and some don't, but nobody needs to try and fumble through fixing their car by themselves because they don't care for the vibe on the forums.

Here I go again. Part of what makes online interaction so hard is that one doesn't have the benefit of physical interaction with others. Hence why sarcasm, and joking is taken the wrong way sometimes.

Mike C.
08-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Mike su...... Just kidding!

I agree, it is pretty dumb.

:bang:

DavidProehl
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I feel like the moderators here have taken a lot of heat the past couple days. I'm one of those that is here to give (when I can) and recieve technical help as well as enjoy the DMC culture. I just want to say a quick thanks to the mods for regularly putting themselves in the line of fire to make DMCTalk a civil place to have a conversation. It's a thankless job and isn't easy, but it is appreciated.

Spittybug
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I feel like the moderators here have taken a lot of heat the past couple days. I'm one of those that is here to give (when I can) and recieve technical help as well as enjoy the DMC culture. I just want to say a quick thanks to the mods for regularly putting themselves in the line of fire to make DMCTalk a civil place to have a conversation. It's a thankless job and isn't easy, but it is appreciated.

+1

Mike C.
09-02-2012, 05:40 AM

+1

Thank you guys. It's very appreciated!

-Mike

valdez
09-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Must not have been paying close enough attention.
I thought there was only one guy doing that...