PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Blow Through Supercharger/Turbocharger on CIS?

phebbler
08-30-2012, 10:18 AM
I know it's suggested that all forced induction on the Delorean engine must be draw through in design and after the throttle body (i.e. Island Turbo).
The legend turbo looked like a blow through design and it was being developed by Delorean as a factory option before the demise of the company...

Any comments pro and con blow through forced induction would be appreciated (I am only talking about 4-5 psi MAX similar to the Island turbo system).

Any suggestions or tips about fuel enrichment would also be appreciated

delornut
08-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I know it's suggested that all forced induction on the Delorean engine must be draw through in design and after the throttle body (i.e. Island Turbo).
The legend turbo looked like a blow through design and it was being developed by Delorean as a factory option before the demise of the company...

Any comments pro and con blow through forced induction would be appreciated (I am only talking about 4-5 psi MAX similar to the Island turbo system).

Any suggestions or tips about fuel enrichment would also be appreciated

I ran a custom turbo system I designed in my DeLorean for a number of years. I used a draw through system but if I did it again I'd go with the blow through design. The draw through creates a lot of vacuum in the turbo itself and can lead to oil being pulled into the intake. The blow through creates no vacuum down stream to the turbocharger. Years ago Harry Ward offered a nice single turbo blow through kit that was advertised heavily in the old DeLorean World magazine. I have no idea how many he sold but it was a neat looking system.

Bruce Benson