PDA

View Full Version : General Raised White Letters

cybercusp
08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
I've been searching the forum for info about tires, and I've seen some good threads on purchasing matched sets and the availability/unavailabity, but does anyone sell a tire for the DeLorean with raised white letters? And if not, has anyone tried the white letter paints? I used the white letter paint years ago on a motorcycle tire and it didn't last..it chipped off and discolored. I googled a website that makes custom adhesive white letters, and the testimonials raved, but I haven't found anyone that's personally gone that route.

Thanks for any input,
Michael

sdg3205
08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
All you need to know. (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?175-White-Tire-Paint-finally-a-source!&highlight=white+tire+paint)

Michael
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM
To my knowledge there are no matching original sized tires that have white letter. In fact just finding a matching set in original sizes is hard enough, let alone trying to get white letters. You can however go to 225 in the rear instead of 235 and pretty much have your pick of matching sets. Cooper Cobras were at one time avaliable in correct sizes with RWL, but now the the fronts are out of stock in RWL.

steve6864
08-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I run 215 on the front and 235 on the back.My car is lowered and no rubbing.BF Goodrich T/A radials still available.

micmak
05-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Hey Guys, Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but is there any update on this one? Any new solution to matching tires and/or raised white lettering? Did anyone try this: www.ironcrossinnovations.com and what were the results?

......Mike......

David T
05-19-2013, 09:59 PM
There are companies that will go to you and do lettering and white sidewalls right on your car. They can also fix curb scrapes etc. See if any are in your area. The stuff you can buy to do it yourself is not as good as the stuff these companies use. Since most cars no longer have white sidewalls or raised white lettering there are not as many companies to do this anymore. Maybe you want your tires to look like the ones on the BTTF III? That would be a different look!
David Teitelbaum