09-04-2012, 09:42 AM
... I needed a lol.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/04/ege5e7ej.jpg

Jimmyvonviggle
09-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Boy you know how to stir it :hysterical:

thirdmanj
09-04-2012, 12:33 PM
:lol: btw, I've already reported this thread for its despicable trollish behavior. But you're welcome to report it more... The jokes done. He just makes it so easy!

Ron
09-04-2012, 12:48 PM
You do know that you can't pin prick a vampire to death don't you? --For God's sake man, why don't you just hunt him down and drive a stake through his heart.

Dangermouse
09-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Normally I try not to be a spelling nazi, but I think this time I ought to

*stake

:thumbup2:

Dracula
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
This is a prime example of why I'm selling my car.

ccurzio
09-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Because Ron misspelled "stake"?

Michael
09-04-2012, 01:17 PM
This is a prime example of why I'm selling my car.

Did you know there is a place in Texas selling them brand new?

Dracula
09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
I hate all of you so much...

Ron
09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Normally I try not to be a spelling nazi, but I think this time I ought to

*stake

:thumbup2:

Because Ron misspelled "stake"?What the heck are you guys talking about???

Dangermouse
09-04-2012, 02:15 PM
mmm..... prime steak

Dracula
09-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Also, for the record, he actually DID ask that question through the auction.

Ron
09-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I hate all of you so much...
...see if I ever try to stake up for you again!

Dracula
09-04-2012, 02:29 PM
...see if I ever try to stake up for you again!

Says the man who was advocating me being killed.

Ron
09-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Says the man who was advocating me being killed.You mis-read my intentions- I was trying to get him to act a little more humane and just put you out of your misery instead of torturing you for eternity...well until HE dies.

SProfita
09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
are you going to get another D to relace it? you don't care for the BTTF references do you?

Dracula
09-04-2012, 10:11 PM
are you going to get another D to relace it? you don't care for the BTTF references do you?

Should my car sell, I will not own another DeLorean because of BTTF and what it has done to it; at least, not until BTTF fades away and the owner's group becomes the only fanatics that tout out the jokes at every opportunity. They're easier to avoid.

DMCVegas
09-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Should my car sell, I will not own another DeLorean because of BTTF and what it has done to it; at least, not until BTTF fades away and the owner's group becomes the only fanatics that tout out the jokes at every opportunity. They're easier to avoid.

I seriously doubt that will ever happen. I really don't think that you should sell your car because of someone else, be someone you're dating, a spouse, a social situation, or some people on the internet. You'll regret it later on, and especially why let someone else dictate how you live your life?

Dracula
09-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Like I said, if it doesn't sell, I'm going to use it until I perform a carb swap, then it goes into storage until BTTF dies off.

thirdmanj
09-05-2012, 06:08 AM
Like I said, if it doesn't sell, I'm going to use it until I perform a carb swap, then it goes into storage until BTTF dies off.

Bela, you're unlikey to get more than 30k for your car on the private market as it is... You can pretty much kiss that goodbye after you slap a carb on it...

...ZINGER!

Dracula
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Bela, you're unlikey to get more than 30k for your car on the private market as it is... You can pretty much kiss that goodbye after you slap a carb on it...

...ZINGER!

What part of "If it doesn't sell, I'm going to use it until I perform a carb swap, then it goes into storage until BTTF dies off." implied that I cared about the money? I'm trying to sell the car so that it stays used and appreciated and I'm asking a fair price. If it doesn't sell, I'm going to stop using the car, instead.

thirdmanj
09-05-2012, 11:37 AM
What part of "If it doesn't sell, I'm going to use it until I perform a carb swap, then it goes into storage until BTTF dies off." implied that I cared about the money? I'm trying to sell the car so that it stays used and appreciated and I'm asking a fair price. If it doesn't sell, I'm going to stop using the car, instead.

:werd:

Nicholas R
09-05-2012, 02:41 PM
I promise I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but I have to ask when you think BTTF will die off? I am illegitimately curious if you have an estimated timeline.

I only ask because personally, I cannot imagine a foreseeable future where the car isn't associated with BTTF. I believe as society continues to age, less and less people recognize the car as "the car I saw back in 81 at the local mall/carlot" and more as the car from BTTF. As younger generations get older, they're not going to remember Johns face in the newspaper as he left GM, and then on Time Magazine during the legal battle. They'll remember that time machine movie that is always playing on TV, or is the butt of jokes in movies, or the computer game.

Promise I'm not trying to be a jerk. Believe me, I LOVE the car as much as everyone out here on the forum. But I'm pretty sure in the rest of the world, The story of Marty and Doc in Back to the Future, is more popular than the story of John, GM and the DeLorean Motor Company.

Personally, I dont think it's possible to wait out BTTF. DeLoreans are few in numbers and diminishing every day. Yea we restore them and "new" ones are built, but ultimately in the grand scheme the numbers can only decline. BTTF on the other hand is being re-printed every day, released on new media, etc.

Michael
09-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I promise I'm not trying to instigate anything here, but I have to ask when you think BTTF will die off? I am illegitimately curious if you have an estimated timeline.

Right about the time when BTTF IV comes out.

Mark D
09-05-2012, 02:55 PM
If Chad's car doesn't sell I'm also going to stop driving my DeLorean....

I will resume driving it only when nobody remembers that there was a DeLorean in that one scene in the Wedding Singer, mullets return as a popular trend, and hotdogs are once again referred to as frankfurters.

Ryan
09-05-2012, 02:56 PM
then it goes into storage until BTTF dies off.

Good luck with that. The reason BTTF will never die off is because it is actually a good movie, a classic if you will. It's in the same league with star wars, which will also never die off. If your sole reason for selling the car is because it is associated with BTTF, then that is a shame. The association will never be broken, like it or not. It's a great assocation if you ask me, but even if you don't like the movies I can't imagine that being such a big deal that it hampers your enjoyment of the car. The only thing that hampered my enjoyment of the Delorean is that it is a pretty shitty car in general.

Totally 80s
09-05-2012, 03:07 PM
I believe in another 25 years or so these cars will be much more difficult to maintain and drive regularly. When more and more body parts are sold out it will not be financially feasible for DMC to make new doors, hoods, etc. All of these will have to be found used. I believe DMC Texas in an interview said a few years ago at the rate they are selling doors they will be sold out in 20 years. I know they were kind of joking about it (they only sell a few a year) but the time will come when you can't buy a new door, hood, right fender, etc. That will make these parts all like left front fenders and further decrease the practicability of driving a Delorean.

If you are going to drive a Delorean there is no better time then now.

Dracula
09-05-2012, 04:34 PM

I only ask because personally, I cannot imagine a foreseeable future where the car isn't associated with BTTF. I believe as society continues to age, less and less people recognize the car as "the car I saw back in 81 at the local mall/carlot" and more as the car from BTTF. As younger generations get older, they're not going to remember Johns face in the newspaper as he left GM, and then on Time Magazine during the legal battle. They'll remember that time machine movie that is always playing on TV, or is the butt of jokes in movies, or the computer game.

Promise I'm not trying to be a jerk. Believe me, I LOVE the car as much as everyone out here on the forum. But I'm pretty sure in the rest of the world, The story of Marty and Doc in Back to the Future, is more popular than the story of John, GM and the DeLorean Motor Company.

Personally, I dont think it's possible to wait out BTTF. DeLoreans are few in numbers and diminishing every day. Yea we restore them and "new" ones are built, but ultimately in the grand scheme the numbers can only decline. BTTF on the other hand is being re-printed every day, released on new media, etc.

Since you asked in such a manner, I'll oblige with an answer. Note: this is my theory, so take that into consideration.

You mentioned how fewer people recognize the car from the 1980s; this plays directly into what I see. Eventually people will not remember the movies because fewer and fewer people will watch them. Now, I don't doubt that there will always be an association between BTTF and the DeLorean. What I am saying is that the connection will become less prevalent. Most people have never seen one before and I've seen some people that have to be told that it's the car from BTTF by their parents and the kids tend not to care. What I've seen that impresses kids these days is the doors.

I'm convinced that in 15 to 20 years, the number of people that remember BTTF will be significantly lower. It's not on TV as often anymore and there's only so many times that they can re-sell the DVDs. Though, what I expect to be the biggest disinterest in BTTF is the coming of 2015. The lack of flying cars, hoverboards, and the future as depicted will be the undoing of the movie. Whenever a movie portrays the future and that turns out to be contrary to said portrayal, people love to emphasize the inaccuracies and how it didn't turn out like the film promised. I expect there to be a big resurgence in 2015 and then by 2027 there will be fewer people who recognize a movie that predicted an unrealistic future in 1989; a movie that will be 38 years old. BTTF I will be 42, and part III will 36. When was the last time that you watched a movie from 1970? Have you watched "Love Story" lately? Or, here's the best example: how about the "Airport" trilogy? It came out in '70, had a sequel 5 years later, and then the third movie in '77. Roughly the same timeframe as BTTF and now nearly forgotten.

The BTTF cars will always bring in those jokes, but the stock cars will eventually be distanced from the movie connection. The crap tacked onto the car does a great job of separating the two.

Good luck with that. The reason BTTF will never die off is because it is actually a good movie, a classic if you will. It's in the same league with star wars, which will also never die off. If your sole reason for selling the car is because it is associated with BTTF, then that is a shame. The association will never be broken, like it or not. It's a great assocation if you ask me, but even if you don't like the movies I can't imagine that being such a big deal that it hampers your enjoyment of the car. The only thing that hampered my enjoyment of the Delorean is that it is a pretty shitty car in general.

Regardless of how good a movie may be, there's only so long it can remain popular. After all, how many kids today know of "The Maltese Falcon," "Casablanca," or "Rebel Without a Cause" and, more importantly, how many have seen these films? They're all considered classics, yet the number of people that have seen them is constantly diminishing. BTTF is a 27-year-old movie and how many young people will watch a movie that old? If you look at it in relation to today's movies, it has a very slow exposition that doesn't keep the attention of today's youth. What most people do these days is parrot a line from the movie and think that they're so witty. It's more of a ploy for attention on their part and one that is becoming more and more obscure; how many reports are there of people who shout out botched lines from it?

How often did you drive your car? I use mine on a near-daily basis and that plays a large part in my annoyance. The more you use it, the more you're exposed to the general public's stupidity.

I believe in another 25 years or so these cars will be much more difficult to maintain and drive regularly. When more and more body parts are sold out it will not be financially feasible for DMC to make new doors, hoods, etc. All of these will have to be found used. I believe DMC Texas in an interview said a few years ago at the rate they are selling doors they will be sold out in 20 years. I know they were kind of joking about it (they only sell a few a year) but the time will come when you can't buy a new door, hood, right fender, etc. That will make these parts all like left front fenders and further decrease the practicability of driving a Delorean.

I disagree. Now is a better time, but the best time will be one when I can drive the car without hearing a BTTF comment at every stop. I'd rather explain to someone what the car is than to field a barrage of lame jokes.

DL4567
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
...then it goes into storage until BTTF dies off.

Be prepared to do a *hell* of a restoration if/when you pull it out of storage. Everything on the car will need to be replaced. Because it's gonna be a while.

Dracula
09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Be prepared to do a *hell* of a restoration if/when you pull it out of storage. Everything on the car will need to be replaced. Because it's gonna be a while.

Hence the carb conversion. Then the car can sit and only need an oil change, a fresh tank of gas, coolant flush, and maybe a carb rebuild to be good to go.

GS450-Junkie
09-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I wonder what the budget on the Airport Trilogy actually cost vs. the budget for the Back to the Future Trilogy. I'm guessing they are not even close.....maybe that's why nobody remembers the Airport movies.

Aren't you afraid that once you convert your 1974 Dodge Sedan into a Blue's Mobile that someone might see it and want to discuss the movie with you?? Isn't that the same thing? :dunno:

Dracula
09-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I wonder what the budget on the Airport Trilogy actually cost vs. the budget for the Back to the Future Trilogy. I'm guessing they are not even close.....maybe that's why nobody remembers the Airport movies.

Aren't you afraid that once you convert your 1974 Dodge Sedan into a Blue's Mobile that someone might see it and want to discuss the movie with you?? Isn't that the same thing? :dunno:

Since when has budget indicated a good movie?

For the Dodge project I'm working on, it's something that I'll almost never use and something I bought and undertook with that intent. It's hardly something I'll ever drive and I don't expect many people to recognize it or see it as anything but an old cop car.

GS450-Junkie
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Did I mention budget = good movie ? No....budget would imply advertising, licensing, syndication and re-release and remastering, etc. Maybe that's why the movies have stuck around.

Well since you're such a stickler about details I'd imagine you'll have a giant loud speaker strapped to the roof of your Dodge as well so it matches the movie car. I guess people will see it as an old beat up cop car with (For some reason) a giant speaker on the roof since they won't recognize it from the movie.

Dracula
09-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Did I mention budget = good movie ? No....budget would imply advertising, licensing, syndication and re-release and remastering, etc. Maybe that's why the movies have stuck around.

Well since you're such a stickler about details I'd imagine you'll have a giant loud speaker strapped to the roof of your old cop car as well so it matches the movie car. I guess people will see it as an old beat up cop car with (For some reason) a giant speaker on the roof.

Your argument was that the reason that BTTF has lasted longer than the Airport trilogy was budget, so; yes, you did state that the budget difference was the reason that one movie series is remembered and one wasn't. Both were top grossing films in their years, so it's not such a cut-and-dry issue there.

As for details; yes, I'm going to make sure I get as many details as possible correct. However, my car won't have a giant speaker because, to do it right, you can't have a rear window in the car. I'm not removing the rear window of any car of mine because that severely inhibits functionality.

GS450-Junkie
09-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Your argument was that the reason that BTTF has lasted longer than the Airplane trilogy was budget, so; yes, you did state that the budget difference was the reason that one movie series is remembered and one wasn't. Both were top grossing films in their years, so it's not such a cut-and-dry issue there.

As for details; yes, I'm going to make sure I get as many details as possible correct. However, my car won't have a giant speaker because, to do it right, you can't have a rear window in the car. I'm not removing the rear window of any car of mine because that severely inhibits functionality.

So which is it? Airplane or Airport? BIG DIFFERENCE Chad....

Dracula
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM

It was Airport; I mistyped on my reply.

Tillsy
09-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Though, what I expect to be the biggest disinterest in BTTF is the coming of 2015. The lack of flying cars, hoverboards, and the future as depicted will be the undoing of the movie. Whenever a movie portrays the future and that turns out to be contrary to said portrayal, people love to emphasize the inaccuracies and how it didn't turn out like the film promised.

I don't recall the producers of BTTF "promising" they were showing the real future anymore than the fact we should all be dead by now because of judgement day, colonised or even destroyed the moon, be quantum leaping, or flying to Jupiter with artificially intelligent computers... rest assured Star Trek will remain as popular even after WWIII and the Vulcan landing events do not occur in coming years. I do however recall the producers once saying that they did not originally intend there to be BTTF sequels, the ending was just something they chose to do, and in hindsight would have chosen a later year and not had Jennifer in the DeLorean but had to work with how they left it.

How often did you drive your car? I use mine on a near-daily basis and that plays a large part in my annoyance. The more you use it, the more you're exposed to the general public's stupidity.

I must say that I really admire that you enjoy wearing capes and do so every day regardless of what others might think, most people are too weak to go against the grain. But makes me equally confused why someone like you would be bothered by BTTF remarks/other people's stupidity?

GS450-Junkie
09-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Maybe you just need to dress up the car a bit, or change the way it looks. Like a screamin' new paint job, or a vinyl wrap, some neon or other customizations. Hell...put a cape on the car. Maybe those things would take the attention off of BTTF when people see it....

Like the last guy said...why let it bother you? You either like the car enough to put up with it, or you don't. Hopefully you find something to make you happy....
that's all that ever really matters.

Dracula
09-05-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't recall the producers of BTTF "promising" they were showing the real future anymore than the fact we should all be dead by now because of judgement day, colonised or even destroyed the moon, be quantum leaping, or flying to Jupiter with artificially intelligent computers... rest assured Star Trek will remain as popular even after WWIII and the Vulcan landing events do not occur in coming years. I do however recall the producers once saying that they did not originally intend there to be BTTF sequels, the ending was just something they chose to do, and in hindsight would have chosen a later year and not had Jennifer in the DeLorean but had to work with how they left it.

I must say that I really admire that you enjoy wearing capes and do so every day regardless of what others might think, most people are too weak to go against the grain. But makes me equally confused why someone like you would be bothered by BTTF remarks/other people's stupidity?

Whether or not they were promising to show the future, there are always people who will jump up and down shouting about how they were wrong. I also never said that BTTF would be forgotten; I said that it wouldn't be popular. Star Trek has its fan base, but BTTF is and never will be as big as Star Trek. I also don't believe that there are even half as many hardcore BTTF fans as there are Star Wars or Star Trek. They have their own conventions; BTTF is quickly getting one with DCS, but that's another issue. Anyone who believes that BTTF is ever going to be as popular as Star Wars or Star Trek is just plain delusional.

Though, what gets me about the DeLorean / BTTF connection is that it's not something that I try to encourage, nor can I avoid it. I get tired of explaining to people that I don't love BTTF and that I don't own the car because of that. It amazes me just how many blowhard idiots you encounter when driving the car and the worst are the ones that tell me that I had to buy the car because of the movie or that it's the only reason to own a DeLorean. No other car that I know of gets so many people to tell you off or go out of their way to be an asshole.

Mike C.
09-05-2012, 07:58 PM

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue....

Dangermouse
09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue....

I see what you did there.

thirdmanj
09-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I love you guys so much.

refugeefromcalif
09-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Star Trek has its fan base, but BTTF is and never will be as big as Star Trek.

Sounds like you've Already Seen the Future??? :dunno:

(Sorry, I just Had to comment on this).

George

thirdmanj
09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I think you're deluding yourself if you think a simple cleaning of a carb, flushing coolant, and fresh gas is gonna be all you need to get your D up and running after sitting for what was it? 15-20 years? Having been talking a lot with a local restoration expert, it is NOT always that simple. So good luck with that too. Face it dude, that car will always be the BTTF star she is, as top hats, capes and monocles will be associated with vampires (or strange, asocial cosplayers). You wierd bro, but your (I think) relatively intelligent and strongwilled, the fact that you're letting others dictate your emotions seems immature, and contrary to your character and self confidence that you've demonstrated buy dressing in such an abnormal manner. You bask in that oddity, I'll bet you've tolerated taunts and jibes on the subject (mine included), so why is choosing to drive a DeLorean any different?

By the by, if the money doesn't matter, why not lend your DeLorean to Chris B. for the next decade, I'm sure he'd love to tolerate BTTF jokes for the next ten years or so.... Just a thought.

Dracula
09-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I've worked on several cars that were stored improperly for over 20 years, and I'm confident in the fact that I'd be able to bring my car from storage with minimal work.

The problem I have and the one that most don't seem to get is that there was a DeLorean without BTTF.

I bought my car because I loved the looks and ideas behind it, but BTTF is ruining my enjoyment. I pride myself on using my cars as regular transportation vehicles, but trying to use the DeLorean for that has become a chore. I find myself ducking people at gas stations, avoiding confrontations in grocery stores, parking in inconspicuous spaces; all because of BTTF. It didn't take long to get to the point where I can tell by the look someone has on their face and the way they walk towards the car, if it's going to be a BTTF joker.

What gets me is that these people go out of their way to make these jokes and the reactions they have if you don't laugh or if you shrug it off. Many an individual I've encountered has re-told the joke and gotten indignant when I didn't care for it.

Mike C.
09-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm in a poll making mood tonight!

Dracula
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Incidentally, this thread is an excellent example of why I'm going with the option of selling my car. Behold the result I've gotten from the owner's community when I announced that I don't like BTTF and plan to sell my car as a result. Look at all the examples of people telling me that I have to deal with BTTF and that I can't do what I want to do with my own property; in some cases, I've been told that I have to revere the movies. I'm going to do what I want with my car and if you disagree, then buy my car and do whatever you want.

tyb323
09-05-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm going to do what I want with my car and if you disagree, then buy my car and do whatever you want.

Your car is out of most people's price ranges for a delorean.

Also, as I have said many times before in anti bttf car threads, and it applies here too. It's your name on the title. If you want to put it in a shed for 20 years, go for it.

yellowmxwheels23
09-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Im putting some money on the Cubbies in 2015

Dangermouse
09-06-2012, 08:18 AM
If memes are a barometer of current pop-culture, then MJF and BTTF are alive and well in the minds of today's youth (when they are not walking on your grass).

From the past couple of days on Cheeseburger:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/31/ySyqbu8610aEpeOXhKmjAw2.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/30/qetmcE-60UWDYFIJVXaSzw2.jpg

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/3/11/61f28a10-3b6c-4401-b8b8-6a610fc87e0b.jpg

Mike C.
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Incidentally, this thread is an excellent example of why I'm going with the option of selling my car. Behold the result I've gotten from the owner's community when I announced that I don't like BTTF and plan to sell my car as a result. Look at all the examples of people telling me that I have to deal with BTTF and that I can't do what I want to do with my own property; in some cases, I've been told that I have to revere the movies. I'm going to do what I want with my car and if you disagree, then buy my car and do whatever you want.

The replies you got isn't because you don't like BTTF.

Honestly, the movie isn't going away. Look at Star Wars. Still a loyal fan base heading into 40 years strong, and always finding new people.

People's minds aren't just one day going to delete all references to BTTF. It's always going to be the BTTF car. No one said you have to like the movies. Honestly I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. You let the actions of others (the conversion peeps, for example) get under your skin for no reason. It's just a movie, and it's just a car. You don't like the comments, so dont listen to them... plain and simple. You hate the connection so much you want to sell ur car? Then sell it. I don't see why you HAVE to deal with BTTF... it's not like it just came out yesterday...

So store it away, put a tarp on it, slap a carb on it, take it fishing. Just remember before you store it, put a second coat of wax on it, not just one. I've got the number of a good auto detailer.

SamHill
09-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Quizno's has fallen victim to several private equity/corporate restructuring schemes which has loaded it down with $900M of debt. Sandwiches there are very overpriced, and rivals Taco Bell in the urgent bowel movement segment. I would not recommend it.

tyb323
09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Quizno's has fallen victim to several private equity/corporate restructuring schemes which has loaded it down with $900M of debt. Sandwiches there are very overpriced, and rivals Taco Bell in the urgent bowel movement segment. I would not recommend it.

SamHill
09-06-2012, 09:35 AM

See the poll

timothymoore
09-06-2012, 09:59 AM

BTTF will never die off and you and everyone else should accept that. its just like Julie said in a DMCMW video i saw, saying that if it wasnt for BTTF, 90 percent of us wouldnt know what the DeLorean even was. if you cant stand the jokes and are sensitive about it, get rid of it and get off here so the rest of us dont have to see you boo-hooing about how much you hate BTTF and how every replica isnt accurate.

are you gonne get rid of everything that someone bugs you about?

Dracula
09-06-2012, 10:16 AM
BTTF will never die off and you and everyone else should accept that. its just like Julie said in a DMCMW video i saw, saying that if it wasnt for BTTF, 90 percent of us wouldnt know what the DeLorean even was. if you cant stand the jokes and are sensitive about it, get rid of it and get off here so the rest of us dont have to see you boo-hooing about how much you hate BTTF and how every replica isnt accurate.

I wasn't boo-hooing; I didn't start this thread and I am attempting to sell off my car so I don't have to deal with the BTTF fanatics that dominate the current makeup of DeLorean owners; especially online. Also, I never said it would be completely gone; only that its popularity would wane.

The internet isn't representative of society in general. It allows any individual to fit in with fellow like-minded people. If we go by trends on the internet, all aspects of society would be overburdened with cats. A couple people making BTTF-themed images does not represent society any more than a Klingon wedding does.

Mike Z
09-06-2012, 10:54 AM

Amen to that!

Also, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Back to the Future is awesome :dunno:

thirdmanj
09-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Also, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Back to the Future is awesome :dunno:

Ahem, :werd:

Also, just an observation. It takes I real nerd to be able to look at a BTTF car replica and point out inaccuracies. That's a pretty epic level of nerd-dom for a guy who claims to dislike BTTF.

GS450-Junkie
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
The problem I have and the one that most don't seem to get is that there was a DeLorean without BTTF.

I bought my car because I loved the looks and ideas behind it. It didn't take long to get to the point where I can tell by the look someone has on their face and the way they walk towards the car, if it's going to be a BTTF joker.

What gets me is that these people go out of their way to make these jokes and the reactions they have if you don't laugh or if you shrug it off. Many an individual I've encountered has re-told the joke and gotten indignant when I didn't care for it.

How do you think John DeLorean felt? Can you imagine what he went through post DeLorean production? Can you imagine the BTTF criticism he had thrown at him, or all the jokes for the next 20 years after his car failed? He didn't put his life, thoughts, memories and cars all into storage and cry about it.

Seems like a good web redemption for Tosh.O !! :thumbup2:

Michael
09-06-2012, 01:25 PM
How do you think John DeLorean felt? Can you imagine what he went through post DeLorean production? Can you imagine the BTTF criticism he had thrown at him, or all the jokes for the next 20 years after his car failed? He didn't put his life, thoughts, memories and cars all into storage and cry about it.

I think JZD just dismissed it and never gave it a second thought...some people(insert name here) don't have the stones to make it to that level and just sell their car, which I also will dismiss and not give a second thought to.

Dracula
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Ahem, :werd:

Also, just an observation. It takes I real nerd to be able to look at a BTTF car replica and point out inaccuracies. That's a pretty epic level of nerd-dom for a guy who claims to dislike BTTF.

I have a near-photographic memory; it's not that I try to notice these things, it's that I can't help but see it.

sdg3205
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
In Canada, Quizno's got rid of the $5 foot long. I was heart broken. I used to love the Tuna on the cheese bread. That was the shit. Unlimited peppers? Yes please.

Toasted tastes better.

Mike C.
09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
As a business man, do you know what JZD thought about BTTF?

"Shit... why didn't they make this movie 4 years ago??? I'd be rolling in dough and sold twice as many cars."

Mike C.
09-06-2012, 02:56 PM
In Canada, Quizno's got rid of the $5 foot long. I was heart broken. I used to love the Tuna on the cheese bread. That was the shit. Unlimited peppers? Yes please.

Toasted tastes better.

I just had Firehouse. I got a hook and ladder combo, with a cherry lime-aide. It was pretty good. It came with a bag of chips, so I chose sour cream and onion, since i wasn't going any place that required me to talk to hot women.

sdg3205
09-06-2012, 04:11 PM
... talk to women.

What are those?

Tillsy
09-06-2012, 07:15 PM
a Klingon wedding

A Betazoid wedding would be far more interesting :rock_on:

Mike Z
09-06-2012, 11:23 PM
I just had Firehouse. I got a hook and ladder combo, with a cherry lime-aide. It was pretty good. It came with a bag of chips, so I chose sour cream and onion, since i wasn't going any place that required me to talk to hot women.

When I go to Subway I get the foot-long BMT on italian herbs and cheese with provolone, toasted, with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, a little bit of oil and vinegar, a little bit of mayonaise and black pepper.

I make it a meal with jalapeno chips and usually a sweet tea...Dr. Pepper if the mood should strike me.

DashEight
09-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I make it a meal with jalapeno chips and usually a sweet tea...

Hell Yeah! That's How you do it! -P

DL4567
09-07-2012, 03:02 AM

I think JZD just dismissed it and never gave it a second thought...

As a business man, do you know what JZD thought about BTTF?

"Shit... why didn't they make this movie 4 years ago??? I'd be rolling in dough and sold twice as many cars."

*THIS* is what JZD thought about BTTF and the DeLorean car's use in it, in case anyone wasn't aware:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3148/jzdlettertobobgaleandbo.jpg

Tillsy
09-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Thanks for posting that - had heard the story that JZD had sent a personal thankyou to them, but had not seen anything specific about what he said.

Michael
09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
*THIS* is what JZD thought about BTTF and the DeLorean car's use in it, in case anyone wasn't aware:

You should go and put my post back in context. I was talking about how JZD felt about all the stupid jokes and sarcastic remarks, not how he felt about the movie itself. I know he loved it and I believe Tamir touched on it in his interview with him.

PS, the movie will not follow the car forever. Movies are generational. How many if you have seen "Gone with the Wind"?, or "Casablanca"? What about your kids, will your kids ever watch "The Longest Day" or "Midway"?...what about their kids? The movie WILL fade, the car is here to stay.

Mike C.
09-07-2012, 08:11 AM
You should go and put my post back in context. I was talking about how JZD felt about all the stupid jokes and sarcastic remarks, not how he felt about the movie itself. I know he loved it and I believe Tamir touched on it in his interview with him.

PS, the movie will not follow the car forever. Movies are generational. How many if you have seen "Gone with the Wind"?, or "Casablanca"? What about your kids, will your kids ever watch "The Longest Day" or "Midway"?...what about their kids? The movie WILL fade, the car is here to stay.

To be honest, i've seen them all...

My 3 year old nephew has already seen BTTF, because I gave him a bunch of toys for his room.

Look at it this way... Casablanca, GWTW, Longest Day, Midway-- none of those subject matters are going to capture the imagination of anyone like a time travel movie about a car, a kid, and a scientist. The reason why we all liked the movie as kids was we could relate to it. A HS aged kid and his friend have a time machine, but oh no! im in 1955! It's fantasy comedy that younger kids can relate to, teens can relate to, older people relate too because we've all wanted to time travel.

The other movies listed just don't fit the type of movie that gets a sci-fi fan base. How many people have stood next to a plane on a tarmac and thought 'man, this is like Casablanca!' Probably never. Those movies fail to do one very important thing, and that's capture the imagination.

Now, how many of you have been going down the highway, looked at your speedometer when you were approaching 90, and in your head made some kind of 88mph explosion or woosh sound, or made a bttf comment? The car was a main character in the movies.

Lets look at Star Wars. Once again captures the imagination, strong fan base, etc... almost 40 years later, we still have people who love the first movie, even though there have been some new additions. Hell, they have a yearly convention still.

The number 1 comment I still hear every year at Celebration is NOT "wow, look at John DeLorean's dream car!", it's "Hey look! Back to the future! oh man! Where's the flux capacitor?!?"

The number 1 comment I heard at our local car show was not "Is that a DMC12 from Ireland?!?" Nope, its "Hey look! Back to the future! oh man! Where's the flux capacitor?!?"
Then... oh, my uncle had one...
then... GMC....

Dracula
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Would you people please stop harassing me through eBay? The first message was a clever joke I tried to play along with, but the subsequent messages are people making an ass of themselves. I'd ignore it, but eBay notifies me of it until I send a reply.

Iznodmad
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm not harassing you Chad, but I bet if you relisted your car and didn't mention anything about BTTF (or any reason for selling for that matter) it would
Somewhat subside. You will likely still get some ribbing, bc some people never forget and they just like to tease you bc they enjoy it. Did you honestly expect for all of this not to happen?

Ryan
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
In Chad's defense, I think we've given him enough grief. IMHO, the thread should be locked at this point and people shouldn't bother his ebay account. All opinions have been voiced and then some.

Mike C.
09-07-2012, 11:04 AM
yes, one joke was funny, copycats rarely are.

Plus Chad is honestly trying to sell his car, so interfering with that just makes his wish to move on that much harder.

Come on people, lets all feel the power of love. I wish we could all go back in time to a day when all of this was non-existent. I'd love for all the jokes to just fade away slowly, one by one. It's always tough when members butt heads, God only knows how many fights got me locked in a proverbial trunk because of one comment or another. Taking up the time on his Ebay auction honestly doesn't benefit him at all. He wants to move on from this lifestyle, and when he puts his mind to it, he can accomplish anything. You copycat jokers are nothing but chickens... I know one day Chad will be back to our little Time Bomb Town, hopefully with his car. Selling a beloved car is tough, and I bet during that test drive, Chad will remember the good times he has had in his DeLorean, and just tell the potential buyer, "hey you... get your damn hands off her!" And I really think he ought to swear at the guy. Or, maybe he will find that special buyer. Sometimes their density has popped them to each other. It's possible. As long as Darth Vader doesn't come down from planet Vulcan and threaten to melt Chad's brain, he's always welcome on the forum.
If I had a crystal ball, i wish that I would be able to say "I have to tell you about the future!" But I don't. I'm sure he's going to be working hard on his blues mobile. I know getting parts for cars like that can be very challenging. Hoping he won't have to trade a group of Libyan nationalists a bunch of old pinball machine parts to get his car completed. That'd be horrible. I hope Rock Auto can help. Project cars can get frustrating, and i'd hate to see him get tired enough to just give up and roll it off to the bottom of Clayton Ravine. Or, he could just store both cars for a long period of time until he feels like bringing them back out. I'd say about 30 years... it's a nice, round number.
When he does choose to return, I hope you jokesters welcome him back to our group with open arms. I know being gone for a while can make that re-entry a little bumpy. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the next DCS, so you can all sit down and have a drink with the guy.

dmc6960
09-07-2012, 11:14 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DMCVegas
09-07-2012, 11:19 AM
http://rotflpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/i-see-what-you-did-there-and-also-here-funny-picture-21759.jpg

Also, I know you like Quiznos. I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish your sandwich...

But Giamela's in Burbank, Ca. has the best peppersteak and submarine sandwiches of all time. ALL TIME!!!!!!

http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/o_p3YPuTpvRv9JWqDuv7Tw/l.jpg

Michael
09-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Plus Chad is honestly trying to sell his car, so interfering with that just makes his wish to move on that much harder.

Come on people, lets all feel the power of love. I wish we could all go back in time to a day when all of this was non-existent. I'd love for all the jokes to just fade away slowly, one by one. It's always tough when members butt heads, God only knows how many fights got me locked in a proverbial trunk because of one comment or another. Taking up the time on his Ebay auction honestly doesn't benefit him at all. He wants to move on from this lifestyle, and when he puts his mind to it, he can accomplish anything. You copycat jokers are nothing but chickens... I know one day Chad will be back to our little Time Bomb Town, hopefully with his car. Selling a beloved car is tough, and I bet during that test drive, Chad will remember the good times he has had in his DeLorean, and just tell the potential buyer, "hey you... get your damn hands off her!" And I really think he ought to swear at the guy. Or, maybe he will find that special buyer. Sometimes their density has popped them to each other. It's possible. As long as Darth Vader doesn't come down from planet Vulcan and threaten to melt Chad's brain, he's always welcome on the forum.
If I had a crystal ball, i wish that I would be able to say "I have to tell you about the future!" But I don't. I'm sure he's going to be working hard on his blues mobile. I know getting parts for cars like that can be very challenging. Hoping he won't have to trade a group of Libyan nationalists a bunch of old pinball machine parts to get his car completed. That'd be horrible. I hope Rock Auto can help. Project cars can get frustrating, and i'd hate to see him get tired enough to just give up and roll it off to the bottom of Clayton Ravine. Or, he could just store both cars for a long period of time until he feels like bringing them back out. I'd say about 30 years... it's a nice, round number.
When he does choose to return, I hope you jokesters welcome him back to our group with open arms. I know being gone for a while can make that re-entry a little bumpy. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the next DCS, so you can all sit down and have a drink with the guy.
http://indiana.laxallstars.com/files/2011/04/Picard_full_of_win.jpg

Jonathan
09-07-2012, 11:23 AM
May the Schwartz be with you, DMCTalk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sen8Tn8CBA4

Chris Burns
09-07-2012, 11:38 AM

I couldn't help but laugh at that one!:aniclap:

Very sneaky Mike......

Iznodmad
09-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I nominate the post by Mike for "post of the year"! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, I can hardly see through all my years and my gut muscles hurt as well as my cheeks. Kudos to you sir, can't wait to meet you at the tech session next month!

Ron
09-07-2012, 12:53 PM
I nominate the post by Mike for "post of the year"! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, I can hardly see through all my years and my gut muscles hurt as well as my cheeks. Kudos to you sir, can't wait to meet you at the tech session next month!

My keyboard shorted out with tears!

Glad to see you are REALLY back, Mike.
P.S. YOU...oh yeah.

DL4567
09-07-2012, 03:04 PM

Thanks for posting that - had heard the story that JZD had sent a personal thankyou to them, but had not seen anything specific about what he said.

Glad you got to see it! I searched the internet for quite a while trying to find a picture of that letter, and couldn't find it anywhere. I had to put in the Blu-ray and find it in the special features, and take a picture of the TV screen since I don't have Blu-ray drive on my computer. But it was worth it. Hopefully it'll be part of the internet now.

Also, nice post Mike!

ccurzio
09-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Would you people please stop harassing me through eBay?

Everything in this thread and everything on eBay, you bring on yourself with your ever present drama-queen boo-hooing about BTTF.

Dracula
09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Everything in this thread and everything on eBay, you bring on yourself with your ever present drama-queen boo-hooing about BTTF.

No I don't. You people keep telling me that if I hate BTTF so much, I should sell my car. When I try to do so, people go out of their way to be assholes. Some people here need to get a life and let me sell my car.

ccurzio
09-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Some people here need to get a life and let me sell my car.

No, you invited it by announcing it here and then also crying about it in your eBay auction. It's not following you around, you're dragging it with you everywhere you go.

I also don't see anyone preventing you from selling your car.

Dracula
09-07-2012, 07:12 PM
No, you invited it by announcing it here and then also crying about it in your eBay auction. It's not following you around, you're dragging it with you everywhere you go.

I also don't see anyone preventing you from selling your car.

Oh, that's right. I started this thread about how I couldn't resist asking me asinine questions and then inviting a string of copycat assholes. My mistake.

I suppose you call up appliance stores and tell them to catch their refrigerators.

refugeefromcalif
09-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Guys, I'm a new member and new DMC owner but I had to comment on this. (Yet too pick my car up from DMC Florida though). :frown:

When I told my co-workers, family and friends about my Delorean purchase, the Overall consensus was, "MAN! I've Got to See that car! Are you going to Drive it every day?"
The next thing, (out of 95% of them), was, "Did you get a Flux Capacitor with it?"

I'll be Honest, that got Old after the first 15 or so times but, I've come to the conclusion, (Yes, I Don't have it yet),
It's kinda Cool that people remember the car because of it's association with the movie. (Yes, I Love all 3 movies and so do my kids and Grand kids)...

I was 20 years old when the Delorean was first Hyped and introduced in the US. Something I always wanted but, was always out of my financial reach. (Wife, kids came first).
Then BTTF came out a few years later. It was Great seeing my Dream car Immortalized in a way that makes it a car that the public recognizes still today.
(This may Change when I take possession and start driving it around Tuscaloosa Alabama next week)....

I was going somewhere with this but got Lost.

George

Tillsy
09-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Mike's post needs framing :hysterical:

Glad you got to see it! I searched the internet for quite a while trying to find a picture of that letter, and couldn't find it anywhere. I had to put in the Blu-ray and find it in the special features, and take a picture of the TV screen since I don't have Blu-ray drive on my computer. But it was worth it. Hopefully it'll be part of the internet now.

Awesome I'll have to pop in the BD and check it out - I used to watch all the extras on DVDs but haven't been doing that for Blu-rays, though probably more to do with having kids and no time!

Ha! You remind me of that guy from The Wedding Singer. Ironically that movie had a DeLorean in it too.

DeLorean03
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Guys, I'm a new member and new DMC owner but I had to comment on this. (Yet too pick my car up from DMC Florida though). :frown:

When I told my co-workers, family and friends about my Delorean purchase, the Overall consensus was, "MAN! I've Got to See that car! Are you going to Drive it every day?"
The next thing, (out of 95% of them), was, "Did you get a Flux Capacitor with it?"

I'll be Honest, that got Old after the first 15 or so times but, I've come to the conclusion, (Yes, I Don't have it yet),
It's kinda Cool that people remember the car because of it's association with the movie. (Yes, I Love all 3 movies and so do my kids and Grand kids)...

I was 20 years old when the Delorean was first Hyped and introduced in the US. Something I always wanted but, was always out of my financial reach. (Wife, kids came first).
Then BTTF came out a few years later. It was Great seeing my Dream car Immortalized in a way that makes it a car that the public recognizes still today.
(This may Change when I take possession and start driving it around Tuscaloosa Alabama next week)....

George

I took my car out today, and I was completely and totally swamped nearly every single place I went. The last 48 hours I've been to WPAFB, Ken's place in Cincy, multiple eateries, tire/alignment shop, and EVERYONE has had a BTTF comment. You will never EVER get away from it. That's why I bought my flux capacitor and have it in the passenger seat nearly all the time now. It makes the jokes SO much more bearable. One guy prolly around 22-24 years old today talked with me for prolly 15-20 mins, and one of the things he told me "Thank you so much for taking time out and being so nice and letting me see your car - I really appreciate it." I told him "There's enough negativity in this world, man - I'm just happy this car makes so many people's day, and I don't want to be mean to people who are just genuinely excited like a kid again and stop in their tracks eager to see the car. No problem at all, man." He was so appreciative and grateful I was a nice person and not some snob.

It's like Bill and Ted said: "Be excellent to each other..." :) - people LOVE the DeLorean. Look at how hectic, frantic, and busy our lives are. Now take into account people STOP dead in their tracks from their plans and come up to you and want to give you compliments, make BTTF jokes, break the ice, and just talk with the owner of a car they love and admire so much. What good would it be to be a jerk and greet them with hostility?

Personally, I'm a one man car show now. I will still put people in their place if they "try to tell me about my car", but other than that - I can do this for years to come!

Dangermouse
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
I must be a bit slow today as I have no idea why Mikes post was so funny to everyone. 😢 Well written, certainly, but I feel I am missing something.

If I see you tomorrow Derek, let me know.

GS450-Junkie
09-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Yeah... but I'm sure the 80,000:7 ratio of people making random BTTF comments towards John vs....hey, this is what I really love about your car... or, man I give you credit for leaving GM and creating your own car, etc. possibly slightly bugged him just a tad in the later years of his life.

Dracula
09-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I doubt most people recognized John DeLorean in passing and, if they did, I'm sure the first thing they're going to say to him is, "Hey, didn't you run the company that made the car from BTTF?"

timothymoore
09-07-2012, 10:16 PM
I doubt most people recognized John DeLorean in passing and, if they did, I'm sure the first thing they're going to say to him is, "Hey, didn't you run the company that made the car from BTTF?"

dude, do you realize that you just simply shut up, quit posting and talking and boo hooing about BTTF, sell your car or whatever that you feel you need to do then BTTF would get out of your life. obviously not because your still on here cryin about it. let it go. i dont talk about BTTF all the time or boohoo about it and it never gets brought up to me.

what are you gonna do when you finish your blues brothers car and people start making comments about it? you gonna sell it too?

i have a solution for ya: take your D, put it on a trailer, take it to a junkyard and junk it! you get a few hundred bucks for your car, its sold and you dont have to worry about it anymore.

how about this idea: why dont you just give the car to somebody and use what you got in it as a tax write off? either way with whatever you do, for the love of god quit getting on here and boohing about BTTF. no one cares to hear or read you cry about it. starting to be an annoying troll like gowdy and carb.bill.

Shep
09-09-2012, 12:13 AM
I doubt most people recognized John DeLorean in passing and, if they did, I'm sure the first thing they're going to say to him is, "Hey, didn't you run the company that made the car from BTTF?"Holy shit man, give it up! This is what Accipiter was talking about when he said you bring all this on yourself. You're constantly drawing attention to yourself. Of course people are going to be assholes, you're asking for it!

Here's a deal: quit posting on here, quit drawing attention to yourself, quit mentioning BTTF, and we'll quit bothering you, m'kay? Honestly, you're being a giant lolcow, and it's quite hilarious. I've been sitting back on the sidelines for most of this, but this is getting old. Not the BTTF jokes (Mike's post was hilarious), but your antics. All your shenanigans are causing endless amusement to most, but for me, I'm tired of all this "oh woe is me, I'm being persecuted for no reason whatsoever, screw BTTF, I'm the victim, why can't anyone see that, I hate BTTF, look at how mean everyone is being, it's all unfair, BTTF was terrible", it's like you have Annoyance Tourette's; every time this whole thing starts to die down, you make another post just to stir things up.

Seriously, look up "lowcow", I've never seen a more textbook case of it.

Mike C.
09-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Seriously, look up "lowcow"

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Education/Pix/pictures/2010/4/8/1270737001324/Some-cows-had-resting-tim-001.jpg

Moo

timothymoore
09-09-2012, 08:46 AM

id have to disagree with you there. If someone noticed JZD in passing, they're probably going to remember him for the car company and his career @ GM. me, i watched BTTF and had no idea who JZD was. When i did realize who he was it had nothing to do with BTTF. he wasnt in BTTF was he? only gearheads and car guys are going to know how JZD is/was. not the regular joe.

JZD didnt build the Time Machine Chad, Doc Brown did.
JZD built the DMC-12

Shep
09-09-2012, 11:12 AM
[Picture of cow on ground]

Moo:facepalm: Correction: look up "lolcow". I fixed that same exact typo elsewhere in that post, but evidently I missed one.

Jimmyvonviggle
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
I think someone should buy his car and turn it into a BTTF car. That would be good. If someone already suggested this and I am just regurgitating someone's idea, then imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But really it would be kind of funny to turn this car into a BTTF car and then drive by his house every once in awhile. What would life be without a little fun.

Tillsy
09-10-2012, 01:17 AM
I think someone should buy his car and turn it into a BTTF car.

:hysterical:

That would bake his noodle more than you realise - his VIN number is not the right build for a BTTF conversion (he has a gas flap) so double whammy :mallet:

DMCVegas
09-10-2012, 10:52 AM

I think JZD just dismissed it and never gave it a second thought

Yeah... but I'm sure the 80,000:7 ratio of people making random BTTF comments towards John vs....hey, this is what I really love about your car... or, man I give you credit for leaving GM and creating your own car, etc. possibly slightly bugged him just a tad in the later years of his life.

Ok. Unless you are either John Z. De Lorean risen from the dead, or somehow brought into the future, or otherwise don't have actual documentation regarding his opinions or actions...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23838333.jpg

You don't speak for JZD any more than you do for other board members. You want to speculate about something? You need to label your statements as such. This is exactly how history gets perverted and outright erased over the years as people twist facts in order to suit their personal viewpoints. And one of the major goals of this forum and others is historical preservation of the Car, Company, and the Man himself. If you're not winning an argument concede it through either admission or silence. Still disagree with someone? Fine, continue to disagree. But do NOT EVER outright lie about shit simply so you can win a petty argument.

talons
09-10-2012, 11:06 AM
They did, with such prefaces like "I think..." or "I believe..." or "I doubt..."

Michael
09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok. Unless you are either John Z. De Lorean risen from the dead, or somehow brought into the future, or otherwise don't have actual documentation regarding his opinions or actions...

You don't speak for JZD any more than you do for other board members. You want to speculate about something? You need to label your statements as such. This is exactly how history gets perverted and outright erased over the years as people twist facts in order to suit their personal viewpoints. And one of the major goals of this forum and others is historical preservation of the Car, Company, and the Man himself. If you're not winning an argument concede it through either admission or silence. Still disagree with someone? Fine, continue to disagree. But do NOT EVER outright lie about shit simply so you can win a petty argument.

I will take your orders under advisement. However I will most likely ignore them you arrogant ass. I have an order for you....understand English and go back and read on those quotes you posted. Notice a preface?

Jeff K
09-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Is this a running joke I missed? Are you really serious?

Ron
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Is this a running joke I missed? Are you really serious?
It's seems to be where people throw brotherhood aside and take their frustrations out on each other, like brothers do. At least it is all in the same place for a change........;-)

stevedmc
09-10-2012, 03:32 PM
All hail Earl Hickey!

SamHill
09-10-2012, 03:36 PM
It's totally not that people that post here "wear white sunglasses" but that Bill and Steve are caustic and hateful!

Ron
09-10-2012, 05:50 PM
It's totally not that people that post here "wear white sunglasses" but that Bill and Steve are caustic and hateful!I can't believe you have me sticking up for Steve, but I have never seen him post anything hateful!

GS450-Junkie
09-10-2012, 07:06 PM

John just told me he doesn't like you..... HaHaHa.

tyb323
09-11-2012, 12:17 AM
John just told me he doesn't like you..... HaHaHa.

Stop it, you're twisting history!

My we are a self devouring lot aren't we?