PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Coast DeLoreans website is up!

Farrar
06-22-2011, 02:05 PM
I bought the domain and paid for hosting, but there's not much there. Nonetheless,
GCD officially has an online presence at gulfcoastdeloreans.com (http://www.gulfcoastdeloreans.com/).

I whipped it up in about five minutes today, so don't expect anything fancy. :P

I'm pretty busy right now moving to a new apartment, but in the meantime y'all can PM or post here information and pictures for the "Who We Are" section and the "Upcoming Events" section. I know we have a tech day following a cruise-in July 9; that will be added to the Upcoming Events page as soon as I have a chance.

For the future: if you take pictures at an event and would like to share them, please let me know -- the "Past Events" section is pretty much going to be a glorified photo album.

Farrar

Mike C.
06-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Decent start! Good luck!

Domi
06-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Good start!
Did you programming xtml or using a web software?

Farrar
06-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Decent start! Good luck!

Thanks!

Good start!
Did you programming xtml or using a web software?

Thanks! I used LibreOffice to make an html template (colors, fonts) and then put that page into Seamonkey's editor for further editing. I made the "logo" with GIMP. So the website is made with nothing but free software, which is good since I have no skill whatsoever with making websites. :lol:

Farrar

Citizen
06-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Ah, a new DeLorean web site to add to our Links page. I like it.

Good luck with the site Farrar.

Thomas

bayouboy
06-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I bought the domain and paid for hosting, but there's not much there. Nonetheless,
GCD officially has an online presence at gulfcoastdeloreans.com (http://www.gulfcoastdeloreans.com/).

I whipped it up in about five minutes today, so don't expect anything fancy. :P

I'm pretty busy right now moving to a new apartment, but in the meantime y'all can PM or post here information and pictures for the "Who We Are" section and the "Upcoming Events" section. I know we have a tech day following a cruise-in July 9; that will be added to the Upcoming Events page as soon as I have a chance.

For the future: if you take pictures at an event and would like to share them, please let me know -- the "Past Events" section is pretty much going to be a glorified photo album.

Farrar

Thanks, I'll zip some stuff out to ya by PM

Fred

Domi
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the explanation Farrar :thankyou:

Farrar
06-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks, I'll zip some stuff out to ya by PM

Fred

Hey, Fred, did you do this already? If, so, I missed it, so please send it again.

I've updated the "Who We Are" section and so far only have two of us -- or rather, two of our cars. Human beings have yet to be seen on the website. Heh.

Farrar

dvonk
06-29-2011, 12:10 AM
those are some fine looking automobiles! :biggrin:

Farrar
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
OK, I've updated the "Who We Are" section. Next up, "Past Events" thanks to Fred's pictures.

Farrar

Farrar
07-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I've updated "Past Events" to include our first tech day and Steve's "K-Jet-ectomy."

Farrar