PDA

View Full Version : Cars at the Castle (Bristol, TN.) September 29

Michael
09-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I just found out my car was approved for a very cool exotic car show for charity. This is not a judged event, just a show to the public for Speedway Childrens Charities. So many true exotics will be there including a Bugatti Veyron. I no doubt will have the cheapest car there, but that's OK with me. I get to be up close and personal with cars I probably would probably never get to see, especially in this part of the country. I had to fill out a form with my info on it, and at first I thought it sounded "snobbish". After all, if it's for charity then anyone should be able to show. I later found out the admission is $100.00 per person(200.00 if you stay for dinner) and since space was limited, I believe the thinking was that ticket buyers should get their money's worth by seeing true exotic cars...which suprised me even more that I was accepted. I have also been told that Mclaren and Audi will be there with a sampling of thier cars. All the cars pctured belong to the owner of the castle and organizer of the event...WOW! All the info can be found here: http://bristol.speedwaycharities.org/events/cars_at_the_castle/ I hope the weather is nice.
http://bristol.speedwaycharities.org/images/scc_carsatthecastleflyer_20122_lg.jpg

Michael
09-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Wow, today I saw first hand a few cars that will be there. The Lamborgbini Aventador is one striking machine, I couldn't imagine anything else (even the Veyron) matching its looks. I took a few pics of the Lamborgbini and Mclaren, 458 Italia to show my wife, but being they were in his personal garage I feel I shouldn't post them on the internet. Speaking if which, the garage was a work of art in itself. Anyway, there are 80 confirmed exotics(and one very fine DeLorean ;) ) which will make this the closest thing to the Concours De Elegance that east Tennessee has ever had.

Michael
09-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Spent the last 4 days on and off detailing my car top to bottom, or bottom to top as I started on a lift doing the chassis. She is ready to go and I have no plans to drive it until Friday when I load in. We are going to a wine tasting Thursday and I may take it and just give it a dusting off before the show. Here are a few pics I snapped along the way:

Kenny_Z
09-24-2012, 12:32 AM
That's awesome. Have a good time and get some pictures if you can.

Mike C.
09-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Spent the last 4 days on and off detailing my car top to bottom, or bottom to top as I started on a lift doing the chassis. She is ready to go and I have no plans to drive it until Friday when I load in. We are going to a wine tasting Thursday and I may take it and just give it a dusting off before the show. Here are a few pics I snapped along the way:

That's what I like to see!

Beautiful example of a Delorean! You should be very proud to show that car off!!! Hope you did well at the show!

pezzonovante88
09-30-2012, 01:03 PM
That's what I like to see!

Beautiful example of a Delorean! You should be very proud to show that car off!!! Hope you did well at the show!

Oh hell yeah.

cybercusp
10-01-2012, 01:10 AM
I like the DeLorean emblem on your dash. What's the story on that?

john 05141
10-01-2012, 03:01 AM
man, what a clean car!!! awesome work.
The wheelwells, how did you get them this clean? is that a new underbody, or dit you re-coat that?

Just a little..... too much logo in the interior if you ask me (kneepad, doorsill, carpet, shifter,...), but very awesome car, congratulations, she looks brand new.

Jan

Michael
10-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Well thank you all very much! The emblem you see on the dash is a hood emblem, I think it really ties the interior together as all the factory emblems simply read "DMC". And they are all factory placements, the shifter emblem, the mats, the door sills, all factory except some are just accented in stainless. I don't feel it detracts form the car at all. After all when you are sitting in it all you see is the shifter and the dash emblem. Being a refurb, the underbody is new, or newly refinished when the car was remanufactured. I like the fact that all the black plastic(mirrors, vent trim, grill, door sills, etc) are all NOS and have never been painted.

I do tend to get anal about any car I own but it's more of a stress relief thing rather than me coveting a car. Although I can't say the same for some of the owners there. It was funny watching them panic when a shower rolled through. They were actually out in the rain drying their car off! They would do the hood, roof, trunk, then right back to the hood again. Some covered their cars up in clear plastic(do they do the same when they wash them?) After all it's just water, it wipes off. Driving in the rain is a different story and I will not do that either simply because I don't enjoy it.

I can't fault them on it however. After all, at the core we buy these cars for one thing...our pleasure. Whether we get that pleasure from flogging them on the track, driving on pretty weekends only, or using them as a daily driver, rain, snow or shine, or putting them up on a pedestal and waxing the frame and never drive them at all.. just the satsfaction of owning a nice car may be enough. Whatever gives the owner pleasure is what they should do with it, and there are no wrong answers here as each owner is correct. I know how little I would enjoy driving 5609 in the rain, I simply wouldn't want to do it because I know what a chore it is to detail the chassis and I wouldn't enjoy the drive at ALL, so I will not fault any owner of any car for doing something with his/her car that causes distress to him, even if to me it may seem "over the top" to me.

Ok enough preaching for today, the show was indeed a big hit, we still had more than enough cars show up. Approx. 10 Lamborghinis, a dozen or more Ferraris, a few Mclaren MP412C's, various Bently's a few Rolls Royce cars(including a Phantom). Lots of high end Audis, Mercedes, vintage Nascar stock cars, a Carerra GT and many other Porsches, and a of course factory reps with display cars from Mclaren and lamborghini. (The Mclaren rolling chassis was pretty interesting) I just missed out on a test drive in a MP412C...had two interested buyers who kept it out all day and a woman actually purchased the one they brought with them on the spot! Here is a link to the pic thread of some of the cars, I'm not really a pic freak at shows. I like to stage my shots or not shoot at all, so I didn't take many: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5322-Cars-ar-the-Castle-pic-day

And here are a few more pics of 5609's chassis:

cybercusp
10-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Great pics and your car looks amazing! Thanks for sharing.