PDA

View Full Version : 0883 Parts car / restoration San Antonio Texas ~6K

Murph
09-11-2012, 01:07 PM
This is VIN 0883 the car was originally found in a creek and had water damage so this is a parts car or a salvage restoration. The interior was removed as well as the start of the electrical system. The interior was a real mess, however since it is a fiberglass body with stainless steel panels it actually has held up pretty good for a 31 year old car. The frame has actually held out pretty well, most of the time with these slavage deloreans the car may look good but the frame is a complete mess. There are a few rust spots on it but it looks superficial and would not require any additional welding. The engine was being dismantled, in my opinion there the engine is nothing to write home about in the first place. If you wanted to have a authentic PRV in this I would just go grab a stage II crate motor from DMC.

Here is the good:
Fiberglass frame is in great shape, there are a couple small cracks ( < 1") in about 2 or 3 locations. I hear this sort of damage is typical.
The chassis is in good shape. I was planning on PORing after removing the epoxy.
The body panels are in great shape. They could use a refinish but I do not see any damage.

The bad:
water damage and it is in parts. Ideally you would come by and I would help you load up the parts into a truck because it is a split D that does not roll. Since it is a project car/parts car splitting the D is something that would have to be done anyway.

Bottom line:
You can easily make money off of selling the parts because they are worth more than the asking for the parts car. I am moving and I don't want to put this into storage, but that is still a possibility.

Here are the pictures
http://imgur.com/a/3UWte#0

This is also posted on craigslist:
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/3264804258.html

Dangermouse
09-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I'd love to see a picture of it in the creek. Not related to the sale, sorry, but I had to ask.

Rich W
09-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Is there a Title with the vehicle? (Salvage Title or otherwise)?

Was the car fully sub-merged? Front end only? Rear end only? Driver or Passenger side only?

Are there any specific parts of the car that are missing? (that you know of, such as fascias, louvers, etc.)

Do you know how long the vehicle was in the water? (days, weeks, months, years?)

Thanks.

dmc6960
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Weren't you going to build that into an electric car?

http://thissuckeriselectrical.blogspot.com/

cybercusp
09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I bet the front left fender alone could be worth a pretty penny.

mluder
09-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I assume you are looking to sell the car outright rather than part it out yourself?

I am specifically interrested in the hood and the aforementioned left front fender.

Cheers
Steve

82DMC12
09-11-2012, 02:47 PM
I might be interested in the frame if someone rescues this thing.

Andy

Murph
09-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Yes that is my blog with this car. It was the old story of running out of time/money so I thought I'd try selling it. I met with a local delorean owner and we worked it out so that this sale is on hold until Friday afternoon. If he can come up with the cash then I'll sell th car on Friday, otherwise it will go to the next highest offer.

I heard about the creek from the forums. He story is that it was stolen and found in a creek and sold to a dealer in Chicago then I had it shipped back to San Antonio. Some sort of rodant was living in the air intakes as well as inbetween the fiberglass and body panels. That has all been cleaned out. It has an Illinois salvage title.

deloumis
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Yes that is my blog with this car. It was the old story of running out of time/money so I thought I'd try selling it. I met with a local delorean owner and we worked it out so that this sale is on hold until Friday afternoon. If he can come up with the cash then I'll sell th car on Friday, otherwise it will go to the next highest offer.

I heard about the creek from the forums. He story is that it was stolen and found in a creek and sold to a dealer in Chicago then I had it shipped back to San Antonio. Some sort of rodant was living in the air intakes as well as inbetween the fiberglass and body panels. That has all been cleaned out. It has an Illinois salvage title.

I made a deal with the owner. Car will be parted out, let me know if your interested in any parts PM me with your best offer and we will work it out from there.

Rich W
09-11-2012, 07:20 PM
I made a deal with the owner. Car will be parted out, let me know if your interested in any parts PM me with your best offer and we will work it out from there.

PM sent.

(Note: I am helping a fellow DMC club member restore an early DeLorean, so having early DeLorean parts will be very helpful, for an accurate restoration).

gasflaphoodfan95
09-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Condition wise, this car makes VIN 712 look new!

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?4862-Purcahsed-Vin712-My-God-What-Have-I-Done-!

LEVY
09-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Condition wise, this car makes VIN 712 look new!

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?4862-Purcahsed-Vin712-My-God-What-Have-I-Done-!

That kind of posts are not allowed here, plus Deloumis will prove you wrong!

LEVY

thirdmanj
09-13-2012, 02:18 PM
That kind of posts are not allowed here, plus Deloumis will prove you wrong!

LEVY

What kind of post? He made a link to another thread. Was that wrong?

LEVY
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
What kind of post? He made a link to another thread. Was that wrong?

If you are not buying it, you should not post, that is on of the rules. This kind of post make Ron's job a little bit harder.

He is kind of telling people that that car is not worth it.

Just wait until Deloumis start posting pictures and then you will see that this car is really worth it.

Ron, just wait untill Deloumis post on this thread and then close it, I believe he is going to part it out, he would then open his own thread.

LEVY

thirdmanj
09-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Shit, duuuh. I didn't see the section. Oops. Jumped the gun.

LEVY
09-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Shit, duuuh. I didn't see the section. Oops. Jumped the gun.

Ha,ha. Actually is what I thought.

LEVY

Ron
09-13-2012, 11:26 PM

If you are not buying it, you should not post, that is on of the rules. This kind of post make Ron's job a little bit harder.

He is kind of telling people that that car is not worth it.

Just wait until Deloumis start posting pictures and then you will see that this car is really worth it.

Ron, just wait untill Deloumis post on this thread and then close it, I believe he is going to part it out, he would then open his own thread.

LEVY
Thanks! But I don't mind the "work" if it helps people get together.
The rule(s) was made largely to stop a little bit of pumping prices up for friends and a lot of dragging them down for friends, revenge, trolling, ect. That don't cut it, and allowing "good" but not "bad" doesn't either, so here we are...

Since the new rules and initial clean up, I usually ask the OP about deleting things, unless it involves price/value, or obvious BS.
(But I must say this is one screwed up thread...over half of it is...well, you know ;-)

I wouldn't close it until Friday anyway (a pending sale), unless the OP asked, of coarse.

EDIT: It is confirmed - - This D has made it's way to a new home! (Contact Deloumis)

Jeff K
09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
My son posted this. He is a really big fan of DeLorean. He meant it in good spirit and did not mean to offend. Apologies if it did.

LEVY
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
My son posted this. He is a really big fan of DeLorean. He meant it in good spirit and did not mean to offend. Apologies if it did.

Apologies not needed!

The seller, who according to my son is a real nice person, posted some of the worst pictures he could, I believe to make sure people would not be disappointed if they had to travel to see the car, my son (Deloumis) happened to be a few blocks away when seller posted this for sale thread here on this forum.

I just saw the car this morning (IS ALREADY HOME), to tell you the truth, the exterior is complete and very nice, all the SS panels are in very nice condition, even the interior, believe it or not, is a lot better than expected, I will not say anything else for now, I will let Deloumis tell more about the overall condition, he bought this car for parts and hope he think twice about parting it out.

Thanks.

LEVY

deloumis
09-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Met with the seller, real nice guy that had big plans just lost time and interest. We made a deal Tuesday, I now own the car
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5178-Vin-883

Ron
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM

+1 LEVI ! ...This is what the section is for!

Have fun deloumis!