PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 2013 DeLorean Wall Calandars

Michael Babb
09-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Hello all. I produced DeLorean wall calendars for a few years (2007 - 2010) and after a break while I have been DeLorean-less, I am thinking about creating a new Calendar for 2013. . .and I need your help. As I have done in the past, I want to solicit pictures from the folks that are on this forum of their cars in cool settings, etc. I need 13 pictures total, 1 for the cover and 1 for each of the 12 months. . . and usually make the cover car the picture that I think i the coolest (usually - there also needs to be room for calendar title, etc.

What, you ask, do you get in return for providing a picture? For just that, nothing (sorry!) BUT, if I use one of your pictures I will let you purchase a calendar at my cost - $20.99 (for everyone else the price is marked up $2.00 to cover my time putting everything together - $22.99). When offered for purchase, they will be available on my CafePress store at http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12. I will at a minimum do a 17 x 11 inch calendar (with enough submissions), but may also do an 8 1/2 x 11 version ($16.99 my cost, $18.99 sales price)

So, if you are interested in having your car immortalized (at least for 2013), please send your pictures my way. You can either PM be here, or send them my direction via email [email protected]. I need HIGH QUALITY images (just because your phone has high resolution does not mean that the pics will work good in print with the small crappy lenses and SW on most phones). Specifically, I need images that will scale well for a 17 x 11 inch calendar picture at around 200 DPI (or approx 3500 x 2300 for the dimensions) - no idea what any of that means - feel free to forward my way and I will let you know if it will work or not.

I usually choose pics on a first come-first served basis (assuming that it will scale - and I usually prefer just the cars, no people - though I know from recent posts that there are some Irish gals that some folks would not mind seeing more of). Please let me know if there are any questions.

For anyone that has worked with me on this in the past, or purchased one of these, feel free to chime in on what you thought of the process, the final product, etc.

Here are some examples of the past cover images for the calendars:

2007:

2008:

2009:

2010:

Finally - my 2 favorite pictures from 2009:

Dangermouse
09-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Are the dimensions of the calendar 17x22ish when hung on the wall?

jmpdmc
09-15-2012, 12:50 PM
I am very pleased to see you are going to do this again. I still have the 4 calendars I purchased because they are so nice. Everyone should buy one.

Jeff

Michael Babb
09-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Are the dimensions of the calendar 17x22ish when hung on the wall?

That is correct. The smaller ones (if they get created) are 11 x 8.5 so open up to 11 x 17 when on the wall. I love the oversized ones as they really show off the cars . . .but they are big! :)

Jimmyvonviggle
09-15-2012, 01:27 PM
That is a good idea. I will look forward to one.

SS Spoiler
09-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I think the calendar should feature girls!

ccurzio
09-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I think the calendar should feature girls!

Everything should feature girls. But a DeLorean calendar should feature DeLoreans. :)

That being said, there's a thread for that: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?406-Girls-and-Deloreans-NSFW!

Michael Babb
09-22-2012, 05:02 PM
In the week since I posted this I have gotten 2 picture submissions (thanks again to both - they are great pics). Anyone else interested in seeing there car on a calendar next year? I know from looking at some of the albums that there are some great pictures out there . . .

For the Moderators - since there is nothing for sale as of yet, is there a better place on the forum to post this kind of request? Don't want to violate protocol.

thanks again all!

outatym2001
10-04-2012, 09:10 PM
M. Babb.

I was wondering what happened to those awesome DeLorean wall calendars you used to sell. I even got one of your 100% cotton Tote Bags that I use for grocery shopping. Some times I show it to people at work since there is a DeLorean printed on it.
I will gladly submit some pictures but unfortunately I have reduced the file size a lot to allow more pictures to fit onto my computer. I never planned on enlarging and printing the pictures so I don't know if any will work for your wall calendar.

Michael Babb
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I am excited to announce that the 2013 DeLorean Wall Calendars are now available! Please check out http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12 for all of the DeLorean related gear that I have created.

There are 4 calendar options available:

A "Standard" sized calendar (8 1/2 x 11 inches), An "Oversized" calendar (11 x 17 inch images), and a single page calendar featuring the following cover image:
http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/719678264/delorean_wall_calendar.jpg?height=225&width=225&padToSquare=true

And a Vertical wall calendar (11 x 17 folded size, but with 11 x 11 inch images):
http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/719678267/vertical_delorean_wall_calendar.jpg?height=225&width=225&padToSquare=true

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you that have sent in images - no way this would have been completed without your help! Thanks as well in advance to anyone that takes the time to look at these (they make great presents!!!)

Please check out the store and let me know what you think! CafePress sets the base prices, but they often have coupons, especially with the holidays approaching that can make these items a little less expensive.

Have an idea for something that you think would be cool on a t-shirt, mug, etc. let me know and if I use your idea will give you a link to get those items at cost. (If you are already a graphics savvy person, you can open your own shop, or just create your own products for personal use at the main http://www.cafepress.com site.

Thanks!

SIMid
11-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Just tried to get purchase one and after going through Paypal, it flicked me back to Cafepress and there were issues with the address. Maybe they won't post to Australia?

I have found other items before on Cafepress and it wont let me purchase anything unless it's through www.cafepress.com.au

Michael Babb
11-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Just tried to get purchase one and after going through Paypal, it flicked me back to Cafepress and there were issues with the address. Maybe they won't post to Australia?

I have found other items before on Cafepress and it wont let me purchase anything unless it's through www.cafepress.com.au

That is a bummer. . .not sure why Australia would be a problem. Give this link a try: http://www.cafepress.com.au/dmc12 Looks like this one will work, and even has the prices converted to local currency.

Michael Babb
11-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Possible coupon to get some additional money off on the CafePress purchases (http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12): KARAGIVES

This and other coupon codes for CafePress are available here:
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/cafepress.com

SIMid
11-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I think I ended up paying full price. :lol:

Coupons don't work as I am in Australia. Talk about penalising us!

Michael Babb
11-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Coupons available that can be used for the calendars or anything else on http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12:

*Save 15% off CafePress shop orders of $50 USD or more, excluding shipping charges, gift wrap charges, applicable sales tax and custom duties. All orders must be added to cart from CafePress shops only. Excludes CafePress marketplace purchases (e.g. all products added to cart from URLs beginning with the following (i) http://shop.cafepress.com, (ii) http://t-shirts.cafepress.com and/or (iii) http://www.cafepress.com/sk/), Gift Certificates, Flip products, SIGG bottles, Thermos products, yoga mats, Dreams products, Fathead products, and CafePress Make and bulk orders.

Coupon code SHOPUP must be entered at check out.

Promotion starts on November 21, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) and ends on December 10, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (PST). Offer valid online at CafePress only, cannot be combined with any other coupons or promotions and may change, be modified or cancelled at any time without notice. This promotion cannot be applied to past orders.

outatym2001
12-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Michael Babb.
Thanks for making these wall calendars again. I missed those years they were not available. I had forgotten you have way more than just the wall calendars on your web site. http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12
I just bought one Oversized DeLorean Wall Calendar, and three DeLorean Tote Bags. I still use the Tote Bag that I bought many years ago.
I would have bought a t-shirt or sweatshirt or pajamas or coffee mug but a I already have way more than I really need.

Michael Babb
12-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Michael Babb.
Thanks for making these wall calendars again. I missed those years they were not available. I had forgotten you have way more than just the wall calendars on your web site. http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12
I just bought one Oversized DeLorean Wall Calendar, and three DeLorean Tote Bags. I still use the Tote Bag that I bought many years ago.
I would have bought a t-shirt or sweatshirt or pajamas or coffee mug but a I already have way more than I really need.

Thanks for the feedback - glad that you liked (and missed) the calendars. . . I missed them the years that I skipped as well. Thanks as well for the plug on the rest of the CafePress shop - I have put a lot of work in to the designs out there - mostly so that I can buy them myself.

And really, can you ever have too much DeLorean stuff? ;)

Michael Babb
12-07-2012, 10:37 AM
have been meaning to do this for weeks. For here are pictures of what the actual printed calendars looks like. Follows are a selection of images from the 11 x 17 inch (22 x 17 inch when fully opened) wall calendar:

There is still time to get your hands on one of these before the end of the year. ;)

SIMid
12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I was going to reply back about it yesterday and forgot.

My Calendar on the cover says 2013, but all the months inside says 2012! :lol: My Mrs noticed this, I was too busy drooling over the pictures to spot it.

Michael Babb
12-10-2012, 07:35 AM

My Calendar on the cover says 2013, but all the months inside says 2012! :lol: My Mrs noticed this, I was too busy drooling over the pictures to spot it.

Can you post a picture of that? Note also that CafePress has a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy. If they miss-printed the calendar, please let them know and they should make it right and can either refund you, or better yet, send you a new correct one.

Jonathan
12-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Simon,

Do all the months say 2012? There is an option when you "add to basket" about which month you want the calendar to start on. Not sure why anyone would want that, but if you ordered it in November, that drop down selection button defaulted to November 2012. So the first two months shown would be November 2012 and December 2012, and then January 2013, and it would finish at October 2013. Michael added the 2013 to the cover image himself, but the calendar pages are generated by CafePress. Perhaps you did not realize that selection was left on November as the starting month when you ordered it?

SIMid
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Simon,

Do all the months say 2012? There is an option when you "add to basket" about which month you want the calendar to start on. Not sure why anyone would want that, but if you ordered it in November, that drop down selection button defaulted to November 2012. So the first two months shown would be November 2012 and December 2012, and then January 2013, and it would finish at October 2013. Michael added the 2013 to the cover image himself, but the calendar pages are generated by CafePress. Perhaps you did not realize that selection was left on November as the starting month when you ordered it?

Possibly, was ages ago when I ordered it. Will have to check when it flips to 2013 and if the 2012 dates are now prehistoric for the months. If so, what a waste of money. :(

Jonathan
12-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I think you may have understood what I meant, Simon. You don't need to "wait until it flips to 2013" because I meant go grab the paper copy of the calendar sitting on your desk, and flip through it in person. What I was guessing might have happened, is that you didn't see the drop down menu asking you what month your 12-month calendar is to start on, and you left it on the default November. In that case, the first month in your calendar would be November 2012, then December 2012, then January 2013 and so on until the 12th month of October 2013. Why CafePress would give you this option I do not know as it doesn't seem like anyone would want that. But as Michael mentioned, they have a guaranteed satisfaction clause for your order, so I'd expect you could ask them to send you another calendar the way you intended on having it. You want your first month of the 12 to be January 2013, just like most people would expect it to be.

Jimmyvonviggle
12-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Most calendars normally give you the full next year and December of the previous year, they should have just done that and not give any options.

Michael Babb
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Most calendars normally give you the full next year and December of the previous year, they should have just done that and not give any options.

This year is the first that I have seen of the "choose your starting month" option. Makes things interesting as I try to pick photos that represent the seasons properly for the calendar . . .I took a picture of my car with a hurse for October. sliding the months around could put that in August . . .

Looks like if you order one now, the only option is to have it start in January - much better. I like the idea of having the previous December as well, but have not control over that with CafePress. :(

Dangermouse
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Well, color me intrigued

.I took a picture of my car with a hurse for October. sliding the months around could put that in August . . .

Hearse? Horse?

SIMid
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Double checked the Calendar last night. Looks like I've been given a 2012 Calendar. :banghead: I've sent an email to Cafepress to investigate this. But from memory, I selected to begin in November 2012, so why it's given me a full 2012 Calendar is beyond my comprehension.

Dangermouse
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Insert time travel joke here

Michael Babb
12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Well, color me intrigued

Hearse? Horse?

Hearse . . . don't know what I was thinking with hurse . . .

BTW - Hasn't everyone heard of the Halloween Horse?

outatym2001
12-19-2012, 04:05 AM
And really, can you ever have too much DeLorean stuff? ;)
I whole heartedly agree ;)
I've got two DeLorean posters that I had framed hanging in my living room and a Sunstar 1:18 scale BTTF DeLorean and now a BTTF DeLorean christmas ornament I bought at Hallmark. A very long time ago I got from DMC Houston a coffee mug a t-shirt and a sweatshirt.
Several days ago my 2013 DeLorean wall calendar arrived with the three cotton DeLorean Tote Bags. WOO! HOOOO!

Michael Babb
12-19-2012, 07:06 AM
I whole heartedly agree ;)
<Snip>
Several days ago my 2013 DeLorean wall calendar arrived with the three cotton DeLorean Tote Bags. WOO! HOOOO!

Glad you like them! :D

Dangermouse
12-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Hearse . . . don't know what I was thinking with hurse . . .

BTW - Hasn't everyone heard of the Halloween Horse?

weeelllll, now that you mention it, I have never heard of a Halloween Hearse either.

Now, based on some fancy dress party photos, Halloween Whores seems common :spank: