PDA

View Full Version : Ignore List - Question

Dangermouse
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I understand the principal of putting someone on your ignore list is to not be bothered with their posts. But how does that work in practice?

If I place a member on my ignore list and he contribute Post #6 in a 10 post thread, what do I see when I get to post 6? What if it is actually a relevent and useful post?

Michael
09-26-2012, 12:45 PM
When viewing a thread, a person on your ignore list will have his post hidden. You will see a blank with the user name, and a message saying that user is on your ignore list. You have the option of clicking the message to see that particular post without changing the status. You also will not receive any pm's from that user. Try it and see what it does...you can always change it back.

stevedmc
09-26-2012, 01:05 PM
I can still see Michael's posts. He can't see mine.

Dangermouse
09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
When viewing a thread, a person on your ignore list will have his post hidden. You will see a blank with the user name, and a message saying that user is on your ignore list. You have the option of clicking the message to see that particular post without changing the status. You also will not receive any pm's from that user. Try it and see what it does...you can always change it back.

Thanks

.... goes off to compile lengthy lest...... :biggrin:

Spittybug
09-26-2012, 05:15 PM
oh, there's only a few on my test list....