PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1981 delorean-stage ii, auto , stall speed converter etc w/ front end/door damage

Chili McFly
09-28-2012, 06:15 PM
1981 DELOREAN-STAGE II, AUTO , STALL SPEED CONVERTER ETC W/ FRONT END/DOOR DAMAGE

The car was a life-long dream come true that I lived for 3.5 years. I will miss it. I already do. It was sadly in an accident that caused damage to the front end including the fenders. The gas flap hood has a slight bend in it on the passenger side hood which may be able to repaired by skilled hands. It also damaged the drivers side door separately. Prior to the accident the car was in tip top shape and was appraised for $60,000. It has approximately 34,000 original miles on the car, but only about 25,000 on the upgraded stage II engine and 15,000 on the newly installed transmission with a stall speed converter for a little more off the line. It was really upgraded nicely and has a custom black leather interior dash and first of its kind in a Delorean 5.1 Channel Alpine Digital Surround sound system with bluetooth and iPod / iPhone connector and video display designed and installed by Danny Botkin at Delorean in Garden Grove, CA. All of which can be transferred to another Delorean. It is custom, but it looks like it is stock and blends in really nicely. Danny and Don do amazing work. It also has sound deadening material for reduced road noise, lowered sport suspension, etc etc. It even has a $1600 HH2 Hydrogen Hybrid exhaust cleaning system that is easily removed if you don't want it. Fireball Tim and Jay Leno have had that system installed on cars.

Danny and Don have all the records on the work done on the car except the HH2 which I have. But they can get you virtually any information you need. The number for Delorean is 714-554-6794.

I have far more money into the car than it's $60,000 appraisal, but because of the damage that is not worth the repair cost, I am willing to let it go for $15,000 OR BEST OFFER plus your cost to pick it up. The car includes the Stage II currently valued at $5000 and the auto transmission currently valued at $2000, not to mention the $1600 HH2, and the thousands of interior and stereo work and the parts on rest of the car.

If I don't sell the whole car I am willing to hear offers on the major parts including the engine and transmission, but I don't wish to be low-balled. It is a quality car despite the damage and the remaining individual parts are worth FAR more than I am asking.

I am in no hurry to sell it and I can wait, but if your really serious about buying it, make me an offer contingent on clearing it with Danny Botkin. But please no looky-loos. I don't have the time.

Please contact me, Shawn, via email at [email protected] rather than posting here as it is easier for me to respond that way. Please be patient for a response.

I thank you for your courtesy and understanding and I look forward to hearing from you. Make me an offer and the worst I can do is say no.

Thank you.

Dangermouse
09-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Some pics of the interior and frame would be a great help.

What are the two hoses entering/leaving the filter housing?

Silverbullet
09-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Some pics of the interior and frame would be a great help.

What are the two hoses entering/leaving the filter housing?

That would be the HH2....

Dangermouse
09-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks.

Never seen or heard of such a system before.

Chris Burns
09-28-2012, 09:32 PM
I remember meeting you at DCS Shawn. That's awful man:(

Michael
09-28-2012, 10:11 PM
I am curious was the car totaled? Why didn't insurance fix it?

Jimmyvonviggle
09-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Did you say what the vin was?

Nicholas R
09-28-2012, 11:54 PM

Agreed, that was my first thought. Second may be obvious but still curious... does the car still run run? And was the frame damaged or just the body? (and that door really scares me :eek5:)

Jimmyvonviggle
09-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Agreed, that was my first thought. Second may be obvious but still curious... does the car still run run? And was the frame damaged or just the body? (and that door really scares me :eek5:)

That door looks like a Lamborghini door.

DMCVegas
09-29-2012, 04:59 PM
That would be the HH2....

I've never heard of it either. What exactly is it supposed to do?

kings1527
09-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Horrible event. Best of luck.

Alex

Chili McFly
10-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I remember meeting you at DCS Shawn. That's awful man:(

Yeah thanks. It happened before DCS and yes it was sad. Just trying to recoup some of my losses.

Chili McFly
10-04-2012, 10:24 PM

Yes it was totalled by insurance but it is repairable. They didnt pay me what it was worth. They just make their decision and that's it. So I'm hoping to make up for the loss here selling it.

Chili McFly
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Did you say what the vin was?

No I forgot that. VIN is 0855. April 1981 number 356 off the line.

Chili McFly
10-04-2012, 10:28 PM

YES! It runs great. No damage to the engine. Sadly yes the labor cost to repair the bent frame up front was what was the reason insurance wouldn't repair it.

Chili McFly
10-04-2012, 10:33 PM
I've never heard of it either. What exactly is it supposed to do?

The HH2 system infuses a form of hydrogen gas removed from distilled water into the combistion chamber that helps clean the exhaust and making the car run better. It can on many vehicles even improve MPG. It only requires an occasional small amount of distilled water to be added. Basically makes any car into a hydrogen-gas hybrid. Mine is the first DELOREAN ever to have it. Easily removed though.

ssaleen
10-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Man that sucks, I wish I had some extra money laying around. It looks like it was next to mine in the factory line.
Mine is 860 !!

Dangermouse
10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Perhaps another obvious question, but where is the car located?

Chris Burns
11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
It's back up for sale again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MINIMUM-BID-w-o-HH2-DELOREAN-STG-II-AUTO-STALL-SPD-CONV-W-FRONT-END-DOOR-DAMAGE-/221154436727?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337dd4e677