PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean.com online store search functionality improved!

DMCH James
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Earlier today we added some new functionality to the search bar at our online store to make looking for parts more effective.

Similar to the Google search, which offers suggestions based on the data you enter in the search bar, the site now offers the same function, searching in the part #, part name, and description fields. Over the coming weeks, we'll be adding more data to the description fields to make this even more valuable.

James

GS450-Junkie
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
thank god !! :)

Looking forward to it....

Ozzie
06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Nice touch!

DMCH James
11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
There have been a handful of comments over the past year or so about the cumbersome checkout process at our online store. We listened and looked for a way to remedy that and today completed the upgrade that allows us to have a simpler, cleaner "one page" checkout process. This will work for both new and returning shoppers.

James

thirdmanj
11-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey James-

Are you guys still working on a mobile version of your store? I've noticed that when I try to use the store with my iPad it is a very different looking set up from the normal web version. I'm assuming its still in progress?

DMCH James
11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
That's on next weeks list...some more behind the scenes stuff going on to facilitate that has to come first. Thanks!

James

DMCMW Dave
11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
This is subtle but I'm most impressed that when you get to a page (for example 4-1-2) you don't have to "back out" to get to a different page in the same section (for example 4-1-4). That was my single biggest issue with the prior version. . . . Thanks!!

TTait
11-04-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm happy that I don't have to scroll down past the bottom of the screen to "see the parts" any more.

Great work guys.

LEVY
11-13-2011, 11:10 AM

I see people liked the new Delorean website, I mostly use explorer but when I go to delorean website, this is what I see:

Is this site not configured for explorer or it is something on my side?

It works fine on Firefox.

Levy

Ron
11-13-2011, 12:05 PM
It works fine with Explorer 8 for me.

LEVY
11-13-2011, 12:43 PM

Then it might be my settings, I'm using explolrer 8.0.6001

Homepage looks good, it is when I click on online store when I'm directed t that site.

It works fine with Explorer 8 for me.

LEVY
11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
For some reason, the online store "thinks" that I'm on a mobile device, everything else on the site is working fine:

<link href="App_Themes/MobileSkin_1/mobilehomestyle.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /><link href="App_Themes/MobileSkin_1/mobilestyle.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

Will check my IE settings!

Levy