PDA

View Full Version : Need advice, waited til the last minute

symblieye
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I have a great idea for halloween, and I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice. I have a regular D but I want to make or buy some replica exhaust vents that while just 'sit' on the car while it sits stationary. Anyone either have specs (measurements, etc) on making a set or know where I can buy some? Thanks in advance for any info!

~Me

P.S. the picture attached is just a sample picture I found online for an example, but what I'm looking for really are just the vents themselves, since it will be a temporary thing, I'd rather not have to take the engine cover off, maybe just have a set of vents that are light weight enough to hook onto the louvre and rest there for a little showing

ccurzio
10-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Since it's only supposed to be very temporary it doesn't have to be perfect, so you could probably fashion something out of some sturdy cardboard rather quickly and easily. Cut everything as necessary, spray paint it, and fit it to the louvre with some magic tape. Since the car won't be moving, sturdy adhesive isn't really necessary.

Nicholas R
10-01-2012, 08:04 PM
I made some a few years back out of black foam board. Worked great.

jackb
10-01-2012, 11:36 PM
There was a guy I met in L.A. last November who had made a beautiful set out of a plastic. It secured on well enough to drive with them, but could be removed/installed in seconds. IDK if he's on this forum though, maybe someone from the L.A. club has seen this and has pics or can comment?

symblieye
10-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the advice! I think I might try cardboard. Will post pics if I can get it all together this year. If not, I'll just try for next year.