PDA

View Full Version : Transmission 5-Speed Transmission knocking sound

Andrew12789
10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Hey everyone, I bought my Delorean about a year ago and have been slowly fixing it up. But I am running into a problem I cant figure out, I was hoping someone on here might give me some direction.

In February the car started making a knocking sound when you push in the clutch pedal, once in gear and the pedal was released the noise went away and the car drives fine. A few people I work with said it was probably the throwout bearing, so I dropped the transmission, replaced the throwout bearing, the leaky slave cylinder and clutch while I was in there. Once it was all back together everything worked fine for a while and I didnt hear the noise, but now its back.

Anyone know what this sound is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHBpipWxJIA&feature=youtu.be

David T
10-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I am assuming it is only making the noise while the clutch pedal is depressed. It has to be a problem in the clutch, the transmission is not turning when the clutch pedal is depressed. You are going to have to drop the trany and remove the clutch to figure out what is going on. I am guessing it has something to do with the pressure plate. Maybe a bolt is too long, maybe one of your alignment dowels is missing, something weird.
David Teitelbaum

Nicholas R
10-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Yea, it sounds to me like possibly the diaphragm spring in the clutch is somehow not releasing uniformly. It is possible that pressure plates can get damaged and in turn not actuate the same all the way around. That or something is really messed up with your throw out bearing.