PDA

View Full Version : SEDOC Fall Tech Session - Saturday, October 13, 2012

DL4567
10-02-2012, 02:13 PM
I think most everyone knows my address, but if you need it just let me know. Let's keep the usual time of 10 a.m. onwards. I can either grill or order pizza. Anyone have specific things to do on their car?

Looking forward to it!

Ron
10-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I'd like to look at Doug's leak if he doesn't stop by here sooner...

Bikercmbc
10-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't need to work on my cars but if you all need me to bring tools down let me know what you are working on and ill try to bring the right tools

Soundkillr
10-07-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm in. Bringing the whip. Unless it rains. Then I'm home with the ball and chain.:lol:

ccurzio
10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd like to see about tracking down my damned exhaust leak and possibly replacing my fuel accumulator.

thirdmanj
10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
So this ones going on the same day as the NC one? Coooool, we should web conference! LoL..

Dangermouse
10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Where to start, where to start........

If I get my nice new radio (thanks Chris) fitted, I'll be happy.

DL4567
10-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Looking like a successful day so far! :) Weather forecast at the moment is perfect, hopefully it won't change.

Attendees from what I can decipher:

Ben
Chris - tracking down exhaust leak and maybe replace fuel accumulator
Mike S.
Ron
Dermot - install new radio
Kyle

Only thing I'd like to try to do on my own car is figure out why the driver-front corner sits higher than the passenger-front corner. It's "only" about 1/2" difference, but it's noticeable in the gap over the tire. Replacing the shocks didn't help, and after examining the position of the springs, it looks like they're just as symmetrical as the back ones, and that end sits equal. Also, I don't think it's panel alignment, since when the car is on the lift, the fender arches measure exactly equal to the floor.
Only thing that I know of remaining is the tension on the bolt going through the anti-rollbar bushing, if that's the correct terminology. Does anyone have any concrete blocks or something to lower the car onto? ...as I understand when re-tightening the bolt, the car needs to be sitting on its suspension. Any special tools needed for this job? High-setting torque wrench?

Soundkillr
10-09-2012, 08:05 AM
It can also be a mismatched ball joint making the car sit higher. I know it sounds crazy,but it can happen.

Looking like a successful day so far! :) Weather forecast at the moment is perfect, hopefully it won't change.

Attendees from what I can decipher:

Ben
Chris - tracking down exhaust leak and maybe replace fuel accumulator
Mike S.
Ron
Dermot - install new radio
Kyle

Only thing I'd like to try to do on my own car is figure out why the driver-front corner sits higher than the passenger-front corner. It's "only" about 1/2" difference, but it's noticeable in the gap over the tire. Replacing the shocks didn't help, and after examining the position of the springs, it looks like they're just as symmetrical as the back ones, and that end sits equal. Also, I don't think it's panel alignment, since when the car is on the lift, the fender arches measure exactly equal to the floor.
Only thing that I know of remaining is the tension on the bolt going through the anti-rollbar bushing, if that's the correct terminology. Does anyone have any concrete blocks or something to lower the car onto? ...as I understand when re-tightening the bolt, the car needs to be sitting on its suspension. Any special tools needed for this job? High-setting torque wrench?

ccurzio
10-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Where to start, where to start........

If I get my nice new radio (thanks Chris) fitted, I'll be happy.

You're welcome, and I'd probably be able to help you with that. I spent a lot of time in that console area (especially with the radio), so I know my way around in there.

Dangermouse
10-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Would anyone be bringing a dwell meter and know how to use it? I'd like to look at my high gas consumption issue.

nullset
10-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Would anyone be bringing a dwell meter and know how to use it? I'd like to look at my high gas consumption issue.

If I get my brakes put back on in time, I'll bring mine.

--buddy

ccurzio
10-10-2012, 10:25 AM
If I get my brakes put back on in time, I'll bring mine.

--buddy

I'll bring mine either way.

Another thing I'd like to get done is have my idle speed adjusted. Again.

Freaky Beetle
10-12-2012, 09:47 AM
It looks like I will be able to swing by after lunch for a short while, but sans DMC.

thirdmanj
10-12-2012, 10:19 AM
...but sans DMC.

How about "without" or "minus" you pretentious bastard. ;)

j/k

Dangermouse
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Pretentious? Moi?

DL4567
10-12-2012, 11:47 AM
It looks like I will be able to swing by after lunch for a short while, but sans DMC.
Heyyyyyy!!! Badass! See, I told ya that kid'd be old enough! :D Nah but seriously, I hope the new little one is doing well.

Weather's still looking perfect everyone. Low 70's and sunny.

Bikercmbc
10-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Derek, can you send your address out again.

sphiend
10-13-2012, 08:35 AM
I'd like to look at Doug's leak if he doesn't stop by here sooner...

Sorry guys. Yes, leak is still there. As much as I would love to make it up today, I have 1pm and a 4pm appointments. Have not been here lately due to lack of time. I am REALLY trying to get my carport turned into a garage. Turns out I have to go in front of a planning board to plead my case in mid-November. (For a variance)

Ron -- will see if I can drive it up your way in November. The leak is more prominent after short drives. Will be in touch.

Freaky Beetle
10-13-2012, 09:09 AM
How about "without" or "minus" you pretentious bastard. ;)

j/k

Why for thou bite thy thumb at the? I am just a common man. Unable to drive his D. :D

Dangermouse
10-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Looks like I may have to bail too. Roped in for emergency robotics transportation :(

ccurzio
10-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Anyone who initially said they are coming and doesn't show up is going to be banned.

Dangermouse
10-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Not being there is punishment enough :(

Ron
10-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Anyone who initially said they are coming and doesn't show up is going to be banned.I hope implications don't count...

Not being there is punishment enough :(
+1

Soundkillr
10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Anyone who initially said they are coming and doesn't show up is going to be banned.

Ban them! Ban them all!!!!

stevedmc
10-14-2012, 08:32 AM
So how many people showed up? It sounds like Darren's get together was better. He even gave us free food and a hug.

Soundkillr
10-14-2012, 08:44 AM
So how many people showed up? It sounds like Darren's get together was better. He even gave us free food and a hug.

Yes, but our get together wasn't tainted with a carbd car! :)

stevedmc
10-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Yes, but our get together wasn't tainted with a carbd car! :)

True, but my carbed car is capable of leaving my home state.

Soundkillr
10-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Interesting, because we all showed up to our event, and drove away with no issues at all. We also can drive wherever we want. We just had a local event and didnt need to go out of state.

thirdmanj
10-14-2012, 12:38 PM
True, but my carbed car is capable of leaving my home state.

Oooooo, buuuuurn.

Soundkillr
10-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Hmm, maybe I have to be carbtarded to get the burn on this one. None of us kjetters had an issue, and I have never had one. In fact I bought my car from a collector in MS and it had sat for over a year with fuel. Jumped right in it and drove it all the way home. No issues at all.

thirdmanj
10-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Hmm, maybe I have to be carbtarded to get the burn on this one. None of us kjetters had an issue, and I have never had one. In fact I bought my car from a collector in MS and it had sat for over a year with fuel. Jumped right in it and drove it all the way home. No issues at all.

Oh [bad words] dude. It was just a joke.

Soundkillr
10-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Im not bent, im sure it was a joke, im just adding a side bar. That being said, someone ban thirdmanj while they are at it.

Ron
10-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Again?

thirdmanj
10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Im not bent, im sure it was a joke, im just adding a side bar. That being said, someone ban thirdmanj while they are at it.

LoL, ouch. That hurts man.

Freaky Beetle
10-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Meanwhile back on the original topic. I arrived very late, but here is a pic nonetheless.

Ron
10-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Fanbelt Discussion Continued HERE (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5455-Do-kjet-people-carry-spare-partsl-***Split-from-SEDOC***)

Iznodmad
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Beautiful garage. I remember it from previous threads. Was there any work going on or just a social gathering? If you hold one in the spring and it's not the same date as mine, I'd like to drive down. It's been a while since I've been to a SEDOC event. I think truett Cathy was the last one and Sean's house prior to that. Any more pics?