PDA

View Full Version : For Sale VIN 972 - $10,000 Restoration Project

sdg3205
10-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Meet 972 folks, quite the find. This car is located in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada.

Black interior
Automatic
approximately 21,300 miles.

This car has been up on blocks since 1985. No, it hasn't been started or touched since then.

I was contacted to help facilitate the sale of this car back in the spring and just now are we getting around to it. The gentlemen who owned it grew sick in 1985 and passed away last winter. His widow is dealing with selling off some of his cars (also a Bricklin and an MG).

Physically this car is in great shape. I inspected it for about an hour. The frame is fantastic, the interior is fantastic with NO rodent damage. Perfect binnacle and dash and all carpets are great. No battery acid damage. Headliners are perfect minus a little dirt. The stainless is fantastic. Look at the relay compartment, this thing is ORIGINAL from front to back. The only place i could not access was the trunk given the cable had snapped.

Mechanically, well, you know the deal. I opened the coolant bottle and saw a pile of sludge (see picture). My guess is the block is full of sludge, as is every single component of the car that once held a liquid like substance. There is no doubt every single piece of this car will need attention. I asked if it was parked for any particular reason and she told me that when her husband got sick he simply lost interest in his car collection. That does NOT mean a problem may not exist.

I have been asked to list the car at 10k. All offers and discussions about the car will be directed to myself. The widow is clearly still grieving and doesn't need to be inundated with an onslaught of tire kickers. For that matter, please don't waste my time either. IF THIS CAR INTERESTS YOU just keep in mind you'll need to pony up $15,000 in parts alone or $30,000 to have a franchise/vendor do all the work for you, not to mention there would be transportation and importation costs depending on where you live. If you can't do the work yourself or you don't have the cash, please keep looking. On the other hand if this is your kind of project and you're SERIOUS about it, drop me a PM and let me know how I can help you.

If you're interested in the MG or the Bricklin, let me know. None of the cars are drivable.

Enjoy!

Silverbullet
10-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Looks like a fun project... and the Bricklin is way cool... any price on that?

Craig

sdg3205
10-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Craig, not sure what the price is on those two cars but will find out for you. Another gentlemen is responsible for selling them.

Maybe chad has an idea of what it's worth?

sdg3205
10-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Also, excellent door alignment even without the guides.

Dangermouse
10-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Interesting car. Grey wheels, no door guides, textured pontoon, early VIN.

Chris Burns
10-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Very cool find! I love the early cars!!

Domi
10-03-2012, 03:05 PM
What a nice find!
Looks like a good project car :)

Dracula
10-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Craig, not sure what the price is on those two cars but will find out for you. Another gentlemen is responsible for selling them.

Maybe chad has an idea of what it's worth?

I can tell you an approximate value of the Bricklin if more information is provided; pictures of the underside, interior, engine compartment, etc. Otherwise, it looks OK, but that's as deceiving as the appearance of a DeLorean.

sdg3205
10-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks chad I'd appreciate that. I'm going over again soon and I'll get more pictures of our east coast disaster. I was surprised to learn they do 0-60 in about the same time as Deloreans. This true?

Dracula
10-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks chad I'd appreciate that. I'm going over again soon and I'll get more pictures of our east coast disaster. I was surprised to learn they do 0-60 in about the same time as Deloreans. This true?

No problem. It's one of my interests, after all. I've been having fun playing with mine and I'd wager that it's faster than my Stage II DeLorean; easily. I don't know if the 0-60 is the same, but the Bricklin sure FEELS faster.

They sure do look interesting side-by-side, though.

sdg3205
10-13-2012, 01:12 PM
SOLD.

Car will be staying in B.C.