PDA

View Full Version : Saw a cool car today! Not a Delorean though...

CEOofawesome
10-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Today at the mall I saw the new Tesla Model S. it is quiet cool, but it has a werid curve down its back like the Chrysler Crossfire that irates me. It is electric so not yet practical, but very cool. For aerodynamics and coolness when you close the door the handles disappear in to the side almost.The motor is under the body I believe so you get trunk space in the front and back. It has a very very large touch screen on the inside. The price will be any where from 60,000 to 80,000 (cheaper than the DMC-Ev) It's 0-60 speed ranges from 6.5 seconds to 4.4 seconds. They did not feel the need to show use the HP or charge time so I can not tell you. I believe it is a sedan but it looks like a 4-door coupe (which I understand a lot of you hate)
Here is a picture of it
http://uncrate.com/p/2009/03/tesla-model-s.jpg
So, what do you think? Does it look cool at all to you? Would you take that or pay more and get the Ev?

Jimmyvonviggle
10-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Looks like a cross between a Mazda and an Aston Martin (front and headlights maybe).

Dangermouse
10-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Looks more like a Maserati to me. Which is never a bad thing.

Mike C.
10-03-2012, 11:11 PM
It's a nice looking car, but for that kind of scratch, i'm going to want to have a bit of fun in a car. This isn't it.

CEOofawesome
10-03-2012, 11:17 PM
That car could keep me entertained for a long time with all the buttons and slide things and, yah that would be fun for like a day. See what you mean. Tesla has 2 other cars, the roadster, wich looks like a lotus crossed with a corvette and in 2014 they are releasing th model x. That is just some good looking SUV thingy, but it has one awesome feature, full wing doors! Like on a Delorean or Mersedes Benz! All are electric.

CEOofawesome
10-03-2012, 11:26 PM
I meant to say gull wing doors, not full wing. Stupid darn iPod and stupidness...

DMCVegas
10-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Meh. It's just a bland econobox design to me. It only stands out if you know what it is as well as the price. Otherwise it just blandly blends in. Kinda like a VW Phaeton, or a Maybach.