PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Owner's Directory

Citizen
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Greetings,

The most recent version (#4) of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded at any time by members in good standing from the Texas Club Website at www.txdmc.org. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the second publishing for 2012. The directory now boasts 1100 active members. The next publication is expected in April 2013.

SOME ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The DOD, the DeLorean Registry, and the DeLorean Production Chronology are three different initiatives, each maintained by the Texas Club, but each with different goals in mind.

The DeLorean Production Chronology is an attempt to list every DeLorean automobile manufactured, and record its original factory configuration/build information. Interior and transmission information, as well as frame and engine numbers are included in this collection. Information is collected from original factory documents, VIN plates and other reliable sources. The Chronology currently has 8577 entries. This data is maintained by Shannon Birdwell.

The DeLorean Registry is an attempt to maintain certain latest information about the cars only. This includes last known locations, significant modification and conversion information, such as gold cars, painted, engine swaps (including electric), RHD, BTTF, wrecks, etc. Information is collected from the Production Chronology, current owner submissions, the numerous club web sites around the world, and notable news from various DeLorean sources, such as dmctalk.org. The registry currently contains 1170 VIN plate photos, as well as some other specialty photos of some cars. Vehicle information can be viewed by location (by country or by US state), and by specific configuration. This information is maintained by Shannon Birdwell and myself.

The DeLorean Owner’s Directory a collection of information about cars and their owners, and is collected and maintained solely from car owners themselves on a 100% volunteer basis. Types of data contributed include car/owner location, owner phone or email, number of cars, and contact preferences. Owner information submitted to the DOD is not modified in any way. In addition to the 1100 active members, there are an additional 302 inactive members, making the total 1402. The directory is never released to anyone but current members in good standing.

The Texas DeLorean Club receives no compensation or gifts for these efforts. These three information initiatives are provided free of charge as a service to the DeLorean community.

I hope this information is helpful, and I hope you’ll enjoy this latest publication of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory.

Thomas Kidd

Citizen
10-24-2012, 06:47 AM
A few state errors were discovered in the October 4th publishing of the DOD. These have been corrected, and the new directory has been posted. So if you would like the most recent & accurate copy, members can download it any time. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thomas

Citizen
05-16-2013, 08:12 PM
The most recent version (#6) of the new DeLorean Owner’s Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club Website at www.txdmc.org (http://www.txdmc.org) at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the first publishing for 2013, and was originally slated for April, but delayed to allow our Canadian friends to do some updating. The directory now boasts 1115 active members. The next publication is expected in November 2013.

Dangermouse
05-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Thomas,

does the pdf contain the details of both active and inactive members, or just the active ones? (I am too lazy to count)

Citizen
05-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Thomas,

does the pdf contain the details of both active and inactive members, or just the active ones? (I am too lazy to count)

Dermot -- The DOD pdf should only contain DOD members who's status is Active. The inactive entries, we just don't know about. However, Shannons chronology pdf should show every VIN he has information on, just not DOD information (like addresses, phone numbers, etc.).

Citizen
11-19-2013, 07:59 PM
It is my pleasure to announce the most recent version (#7) of the new DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) has been published, and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club web-site at www.txdmc.org (http://www.txdmc.org) at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the second publishing for 2013, and now contains 1152 active members. The next publication is expected in May 2014.

Thomas

Citizen
05-22-2014, 09:00 PM
The new DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) has been published (#8, May 2014), and can now be downloaded from the Texas Club web-site at www.txdmc.org at any time by members in good standing. From the Texas Club home page, select “DOD” from the top navigation. Then follow the directions for downloading the directory.

This is the FIRST publishing for 2014, and now contains 1078 active members. This publication was timed to occur just a few weeks before DCS 2014 in Dayton, Ohio, so that members can print a copy and take with them on their voyage (might be good to have with you for your trip). The next publication is expected in November 2014.

Happy reading!

Thomas

Citizen
07-15-2014, 07:34 PM
The close of the DeLorean Car Show in Dayton brought a number of people to signup to the DOD with either new entries or updates. So, I’ve decided to release a second mid-year publication (issue 9, July 2014). It is now available for current DOD members in good standing to download.

I had already been in the process of upgrading the format of the DOD, so this was also an opportunity to announce a few changes. First, the format of the main body of the DOD has changed. This was primarily to make it easier to read, but it also shortened the number of pages for this section. This main body lists members by their country/state and city.

Second, there is a new section after the main body, which lists all the owners by their VIN. This will allow lookup of members if the VIN is known, but the name or location is not known.

And finally, there is another new section which lists all owners by their last name. This allows lookup of members if their last name is known, but not their city or VIN.

I hope these general improvement in the new DOD will make it more friendly and usable.

Thomas

Citizen
12-20-2014, 02:51 PM
It goes without saying that each iteration of the DOD is a little more accurate than the previous, so I sound like a broken record when I mention each time that this latest version is the most accurate one of all. However, this time it is truly different (much more accurate).

In November, I started an email campaign to contact every member of the DOD for which there was an email address, and ask that they update their information. I contacted both Active and Inactive members, except for people that I already knew were still active in the DeLorean community (many are here on DMCTalk).

A large number of emails were returned undeliverable. For entries whose email’s were returned undeliverable, and were already Inactive, I deleted from the list. For Active entries whose email bounced back, I simply moved them from Active to Inactive, and retained their information.

For all those who did respond to my email and updated your information, thank you very much! Unfortunately, there are still hundreds who are still listed as Active, and whose email did NOT bounce back, and yet still have not responded (at least with a return email).

So, the net results for this publication are a loss of approximately 275 entries, with the resulting counts after the campaign being; Active: 851 and Inactive: 306. While a net loss isn’t what I was after, I feel that a smaller, more accurate DOD is better than a larger one full of inaccuracies.

I am still looking for the best way to make the DOD a little more open, while not compromising the trust people have in that their data is not released to the general public. I certainly welcome sincere suggestions.

With that said, members can now download the December 2014 version of the DOD (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/dod.asp) at any time, and I hope you’ll enjoy such entertaining bedtime reading.

Thomas Kidd
Keeper of the new DeLorean Owners Directory (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/dod.asp).

Andy
12-20-2014, 04:55 PM
How do I get a password? When I go to 'get a password', it wants me to give one ... but I don't have a password at the moment.

My VIN ends with 04610, but nothing has changed since the last time ...

Citizen
12-20-2014, 05:03 PM
How do I get a password? When I go to 'get a password', it wants me to give one ... but I don't have a password at the moment.

My VIN ends with 04610, but nothing has changed since the last time ...

Andy,

If you are already a member of the DOD (which you are), then you already have a password. So when you go to "Get Password", you are attempting to get the DOWNLOAD PASSWORD for the publication itself. To get the download password, you must enter your VIN and matching DOD password (which you should already have -- but if you don't, I can reset it for you, let me know if you want me to do that) .

You should have gotten an email from me....did u?

Thomas

Andy
12-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Andy,

If you are already a member of the DOD (which you are), then you already have a password. So when you go to "Get Password", you are attempting to get the DOWNLOAD PASSWORD for the publication itself. To get the download password, you must enter your VIN and matching DOD password (which you should already have -- but if you don't, I can reset it for you, let me know if you want me to do that) .

Thomas

I didn't recieve an email from you, sorry ... It's been a while since I looked anything up on the Owners Directory, I must have forgotten my password. Could you send it to me in PM if possible?

Citizen
12-20-2014, 05:37 PM
[Snip] I must have forgotten my password. Could you send it to me in PM if possible?

PM sent.

rddmc
02-17-2015, 10:52 AM
I am having trouble logging on to the updated DOD. I have been a member for many years but the message that I get states that either my VIN number or the password is incorrect. I used the most recent password that I am aware of.

Thanks,

Rod

Citizen
02-17-2015, 06:25 PM
I am having trouble logging on to the updated DOD. I have been a member for many years but the message that I get states that either my VIN number or the password is incorrect. I used the most recent password that I am aware of.

Thanks,

Rod

PM sent.

Thomas

Citizen
06-14-2015, 12:19 PM
DOD members can now download the June 2015 publication of the DOD at any time.

A number of months ago, I had expected this to be a July release, but some outside influences are forcing me to publish one month early. Those forces, having to do with my internet & hosting provider, will likely have some affect on the hosting of the DOD, and the Texas club web site in general (more on that later). But in the mean time, I just wanted to let everyone that if they wanted the latest DOD, now is the time to get it.

deloreanownersdirectory.net (http://www.deloreanownersdirectory.net)

Comments always welcome.

Thomas Kidd
Keeper of the new DeLorean Owners Directory.

Timebender
06-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Andy,

Thomas

How do I become a member? Also, is there way to find out the history of my car, such as Original Owner? Mine came with an engine swap (that was done very well), but the PO I bought it from didn't know a lot about it.

Thanks,

Greg

Citizen
12-30-2015, 07:15 PM
DOD members can now download the December 2015 publication of the DOD at any time.

Comments always welcome.

Thomas Kidd
Keeper of the new DeLorean Owners Directory.

Citizen
06-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Hey everyone, I am planning on publishing a new DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) prior to DCS. Now would be the best time for you to either join, or if already in the directory, check your data and make corrections. If you are driving to DCS, wouldn't it be great to have a list of DeLorean Owners along your route, who might could offer technical support (those willing are indicated in the directory)?

I will wait as long as possible before printing, but it has to be before the week of the show. Whatever, I will post here when a new publication is available.

Join today!

Thomas K.

nirvanaman
07-02-2016, 03:24 PM
How do you update a VIN info if you are a new owner and the previous owner already registered that VIN?

Citizen
07-03-2016, 07:30 AM
How do you update a VIN info if you are a new owner and the previous owner already registered that VIN?

Just let me know the VIN, and I'll remove the old owner information, and then you can enter your information just as if that VIN is new to the directory. Of course, you should provide some proof you own the car now (a VIN photo would be nice, but I normally also contact the PO, because I still have his info on file).

PM me if you need to.

Welcome! And thanks for your participation in the new DOD.

Thomas

Citizen
07-13-2016, 07:15 PM
DOD members can now download the July 2016 publication at any time, just in time for travel to DCS in Springfield.

www.DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net (http://www.deloreanownersdirectory.net)

Thomas

Citizen
06-19-2017, 07:45 AM

I have been keeping the DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) for a number of years now, and try yearly to go through it to make sure entries are is still valid, so to keep the Directory current and relevant. I am completing an audit by the end of June so that I can prepare the next publication (#14) in July. I audit DOD entries primarily by sending an email to each VIN listed, soliciting a response, and thus verifying valid email addresses. If you have received one or more emails from me and responded, thank you very much.

I have found that some people move, and do not update their location information in the directory, as I understand the DOD is of low importance when moving one’s family from one location to another. That is why I send a reminder, typically each year, asking for update information and to verify the email address listed is still current. For older DOD entries that were transferred from the prior listing under Ken Montgomery but do not have a valid email address, that entry is being removed from the Directory. Email is the primary means of contacting you.

I ask that current owners who are listed in the DOD to verify your contact information. You can do that by using the “View/Update” option at the top of the main DOD page. You will need your password to update your data. If you do not know your password, you can have it sent to you via email by selecting the “Forgot Pwd” option. You will need to enter the correct VIN and email address combination to be sent your password reminder email.

In addition, many people will change their email addresses and also do not update their DOD entry with the new address. This makes contacting you by email impossible. For DOD entries where there is a seemingly valid email address, but the email tickler is returned as undeliverable, those entries are being moved from Active status to Inactive, with all information preserved except the bad email address. However, Inactive VINs are not published in the printed directory.

Also, over the course of a year, cars are sold, or brought back to life, or rendered out of service for one reason or another. To help keep the DOD current, I ask each of you new owners to the DeLorean family to consider joining the DOD, by selecting the “Submit” button on the DOD homepage, and everyone who has disposed of their car(s) to make it known by deleting your old entry, by selecting “Delete”.

As always, anyone can contact me by email for assistance adding new, updating, or deleting their data. Please allow time for me to respond in case I am not at my computer.

And finally, if you care to, you can send to me a photo or website link you wish to show or reference with your car information. The application provides for displaying VIN plate (watermarked) and four others (such as exterior, interior, engine, window sticker, etc), and up to three outside web-site links. It’s always fun to see a photo of a customization or whatever is special about your car.

Thank you.

Thomas Kidd
Keeper of the new DOD and fellow owner

Citizen
07-04-2017, 03:47 PM

The July 2017 issue of the DOD will be published shortly. Time is running out to get your information submitted, if you want to appear in this issue.

refugeefromcalif
07-04-2017, 04:35 PM

The July 2017 issue of the DOD will be published shortly. Time is running out to get your information submitted, if you want to appear in this issue.

I replied back to the email I received. My past info is the same.
Can't wait for the latest issue.

George

Citizen
07-11-2017, 08:16 PM
DOD members can now download the July 2017 publication at any time.

www.DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net (http://www.DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net)

Thomas

OverlandMan
07-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this!

Citizen
07-21-2017, 05:43 PM
Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this!

Glad to do it.

Wish more people would join, though.

T.

Citizen
08-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Fellow owners;

The new DOD now tracks mileage, in addition to other attributes already being tracked. You can update your own mileage from the DOD Update (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/dod_upd.asp) page, if you are a member of the directory and are so inclined (you'll need your password). If not a member, you can just send me an IM with your mileage, and I will update it for you.

Go Here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_find.asp) to see the mileage we currently have for your car, among other statistics. Return often and correct/update at any time.

Happy motoring and thanks for keeping the DOD up-to-date!

Thomas

Citizen
08-24-2017, 06:44 AM
After a shortened publication interval to accommodate some late updates, DOD members can now download the August 2017 publication at any time.

Enjoy,
Thomas

Citizen
08-29-2017, 10:28 PM
The thread here (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15600-2706-s-Maiden-Voyage-DMC-Midwest-to-Upstate-NY/page3) was closed, but I still felt impelled to comment on a post therein, so here goes...

53138 (posted today, 8/29/2017, click image to enlarge)

This is a great case-in-point for joining the DOD (http://www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net), and printing a copy of it and taking it with you on long trips in your DeLorean, in case you have mechanical problems along the way.

One of the stated purposes of the directory is to list contact information of those owners who are willing and able to help other owners when on cross country trips. The DOD specifically indicates which owners have agreed ahead of time to help another owner in need, whether it is providing tools, garage space, tech know-how, or just support over the phone.

There are currently approximately 778 active entries, each with annually verified email addresses (and optionally provided telephone numbers), with another 148 inactive, and another few pending. When signing up, you determine and indicate your contact preferences. It's entirely voluntary, and your participation may help someone that gets in trouble along the way (that person may be you).

The primary perspective of the DOD is the United States, but also includes a fair number of Canadian and European entries. The directory itself is published once or twice per year, depending on how many changes come in.

Thanks to those who have already joined. If you haven't yet, consider joining today.

Thomas Kidd

Citizen
11-04-2017, 08:09 AM
DOD members can now download the November 2017 publication at any time. This is a rare, 3rd publication for this calendar year, due to a number of new entries and other corrections. The next scheduled publication is not until July, 2018.

Not a DOD member?
Become one! It's free. It's fast. And it's easy (still, if you have questions, feel free to IM me here).

Thomas

Delorean Industries
02-14-2018, 05:07 PM
Wanted to update our listing and vins owned. Can't seem to get through the question page. Will not accept my vin format.
DOD members can now download the November 2017 publication at any time. This is a rare, 3rd publication for this calendar year, due to a number of new entries and other corrections. The next scheduled publication is not until July, 2018.

Not a DOD member?
Become one! It's free. It's fast. And it's easy (still, if you have questions, feel free to IM me here).

Thomas

Citizen
02-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Wanted to update our listing and vins owned. Can't seem to get through the question page. Will not accept my vin format.

Hi,

The VIN format is just the last 3 to 5 digits of the VIN of the car in question.

Want to PM me, and I'll take care of it for you? Thanks for the notice just the same, as I will investigate.

Thomas

Jonathan
02-15-2018, 01:03 PM
Wasn't sure where exactly to post my question, so here goes...

Are there any stats out there indicating how many of the cars have non-stock engines? Either a total number or as a percentage of the original 9,000 cars.

By stock, I mean cars with the originally designed PRV and K-jet fuel injection system. Non-stock would be full-blown engine swaps as well as fuel delivery system changes like going carbureted or EFI or similar.

I consider a car as still having the stock set-up even with a stainless coolant reservoir, stainless braided fuel lines, stainless/transparent air filter housing or blue vacuum hoses, etc.

Not aiming for a debate over what choice is better with engine or fuel delivery or the like and not why a decision like that would be made regarding the car's condition before or after. Just trying to better understand approximately how many cars out there have the original set-up and how many do not.

dn010
02-15-2018, 02:53 PM
You might check out this thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15763

Here is the link from that thread with more detail on what you're seeking:

http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_totals.asp

Jonathan
02-16-2018, 08:56 AM
You might check out this thread:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15763

Here is the link from that thread with more detail on what you're seeking:

http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_totals.asp

Thanks for that.

I count 76 cars with some kind of engine swap (Eagle/other/electric). If I am to think of that in terms of a percentage, am I to use the total "active" DOD members? Or active plus inactive?

What transmission or interior colour all 8,808 cars (the total showing as being in the registry) came with originally is probably still fairly accurate, but the non-stock engine number would be something you need a more recent account of.

76 out of 930 cars is what I would take from this. About 8%. An approximate number or guess. That's probably about as good as that's going to get with the information we have.

Dangermouse
02-16-2018, 09:24 AM
It's more like 76 out of the 8800, or ~1%, as the count is from within the registry.

I think the 76 number is higher if you consider cars with a Turbo, Stage III or a carb.

How do you view Stage 1 & II cars in terms of stock/non-stock.

Jonathan
02-16-2018, 10:10 AM
It's more like 76 out of the 8800, or ~1%, as the count is from within the registry.

I think the 76 number is higher if you consider cars with a Turbo, Stage III or a carb.

How do you view Stage 1 & II cars in terms of stock/non-stock.

I guess that's why I was asking for the information in the first place, because I don't think what is showing in the DOD is a good nor accurate representation. Not because what is in there isn't accurate, only because what is in there is out of date.

The way I read the data, the info we have on 8,808 cars is not much more than what it came with originally from the factory and where it might have been sold when new. The smaller number of "active" entries represents cars with current info.

That 8,808 number is getting very close to matching what we all believe to be the total number of cars every made. But that's original information and not active or current car status. We still don't know how many cars are actually still out there. We hear each other say that there are 6,500 or 7,000 cars still out there yet there's never any supporting data for those claims.

A few years ago when I first entered my car into the owners directory, there were around 1,100 cars as active entries. Of those, only 25 or 30 were Canadian owners. I knew myself of Canadian owners totalling something close to 80 or 100. But the directory only showed one third of that. At the time I was also looking to have something to say to people when they asked how many cars are left and I personally didn't believe the number was anywhere near as high as 7,000. I felt that if what was in the directory was accurate (for the info they had) and that if the Canadian owned cars was one third of what it really was, then I figured there might be 3,500 cars still around and not 7,000.

Back to the engine modifications number, if we take recent or up to date entries and that is around 76 cars, then maybe it's 8% or so of 3,500 in total still out there and that's 280 cars. Again, a guess at best.

I clicked on the link it gave me when looking at the "other" category and it showed turbo cars as well as carbureted in that number. So those would indeed already be in the 76 number. I wasn't considering the stage 1 or 2 engine improvements as non-stock. Not changes to primarily just the exhaust system anyway. There's so little validity to the numbers anyway it wouldn't much matter one way or the other the way I see it.

NOTE: One thought on not having ~9,000 cars worth of accurate and up to date information or status... I like it that way. I don't think we should know the what and where of every single car out there. Not the current info anyway. It's too damn intrusive and nosey if you ask me. I get how we all play the social media identification game when spotting a car out there, but some people value their privacy a little more than others and would rather be left alone.

If we have a good and accurate and current representation of cars and their owners and can then extrapolate out a bigger number for all cars, I am fine with that. That's all I was aiming to do with the engine mod numbers. How many cars that we have info on have modded engines, what is that as a percentage of the cars we know about, and how many would that then translate to overall. 8% from the looks of things.

dn010
02-16-2018, 10:53 AM
The only way to have accurate and reliable info is to have every person who has a D to come on and say yes, I have this car, located here, this is what is wrong with it and this is what engine is in the car. Otherwise, there is really no way to have it up to date in order to reflect all of the cars out there. The problem is that DeLoreans are still located in barns, they're in back yards under tarps, stranded in garages while the owners death is being handled; they're being driven by people who don't give two shits about internet forums or registries and especially about having their info available to the public. So what we have right now is a list of what is/was available to the TXDMC. I think a lot of people who have done swaps have blogged about it or asked questions here and so that number might be more accurate than the 'Stage' numbers for instance. I don't think that it is fair to have "Stage I" as a "known conversion" when all it is, is someone bolting up a different exhaust but that is just me. At the end of the day, it is impossible to know all of this info for sure but at least there is some sort of base created to grow on.

Citizen
12-22-2019, 09:30 AM
DOD members can now download the December 1919 publication (#20) at any time.

FYI - With each publication, there are a number of people who request to be included in the directory, but then do not responded to an email request for verification. These VIN entries are now being included in the directory, but names and email addresses are not shown until they can be verified, hopefully by the next publication.

Thanks,
Thomas

Edisla
08-31-2020, 01:13 AM

Auto.

Grey interior.

Folsom, CA

Citizen
12-13-2020, 08:26 AM
DOD members can now download the printed version of the December 2020 publication (#21) at any time.

Joining the Directory is free, and it’s fun. To join, download, or update your own data, go to: DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net (http://www.DeLoreanOwnersDirectory.net)

While this publication is in printable PDF form, you can also view Directory information directly from your Android smart phone. Simply download the world’s only DeLorean VIN Mobile App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=citizenkidd.dod) from the Play Store. There is no cost and it is free of advertisements. Directory updates are instantaneous, so you NEVER have to wait for the printed publication again (normally about every six months). To find out more, see THIS (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?18105-DeLorean-Mobile-App&highlight=Mobile) DMCTalk thread.

FYI - With each publication, there are a number of people who request to be included in the directory, but then do not responded to an email request for verification. These VIN entries are now being included in the directory, but names and email addresses are not shown until they can be verified, hopefully by the next publication.

Thomas